StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Embrace/pole hug struggle

• Embrace/pole hug struggle

Posted by Nat on February 28, 2018 at 9:13 pm

I have learnt new move during my pole sessions called embrace where you wrap your arms around pole and lift legs of the ground. Unfortunately it’s not happening for me. I really can’t get it, I find it very painful as it really pulls on my skin. Has anyone have any tips please? My teacher says my position is correct so I am not sure what I am missing x

Nat replied 6 years ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • x falcon 3 0 x

February 28, 2018 at 9:40 pm

I try to find the push-pull engagement so that I’m not just ripping the skin off the insides of elbows. As you’re “hanging” from your elbows try to push into your tummy into the pole. I do this by arching my back so I look up and back and the squeeze my booty to push my hips forward. You can point your toes toward the ground or up toward your booty. You can bend one leg.

• Nat

February 28, 2018 at 9:49 pm

Thank you for your advice. That is very helpful. I shall try your tips tomorrow x

• x falcon 3 0 x

February 28, 2018 at 10:02 pm

You’re very welcome! Please post your progress 😉

• Veena

Administrator
    February 28, 2018 at 11:11 pm

This one can be very painful at first if you haven’t been using the elbow pits much yet! Try working on moves like partial split grip, but with an elbow pit grip! Veena’s tips for split grips https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/54aa2650-4760-480b-8b20-340c0a9aa0eb This can help get the pits ready and yes, arch and squeeze so you’re not just relying on skin!

• Nat

March 1, 2018 at 7:44 am

Thank you Veena, I will check it out x

• dustbunny

March 2, 2018 at 3:48 am

Make sure your tummy skin is exposed too! This move definitely hurts the elbows if you don’t have any other griping points. 😨

• Nat

March 2, 2018 at 8:08 am

Yay, I have done it. Thank you for the tips xxx