StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Ellies vs. Pleasers?

• Ellies vs. Pleasers?

Posted by LatinPoler on August 4, 2017 at 2:57 pm

Hello, all my shoes are Pleasers. I wear size 8 and fits perfectly. I’ve seen some Ellie models that I like, but I heard that they are heavier and they are smaller for the same numeric size, so I’m unsure. If anybody can provide some advice on this, Ellies vs. Pleasers, specially on the sizing, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Rachel Osborne replied 6 years, 7 months ago 7 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • I polekat I

August 6, 2017 at 9:27 am

Same, all the shoes I have bought recently for pole are pleasers and I love them, but yes I have heard other people say ellies are also good for pole. Funnily enough, I bought a cheap pair of platforms on ebay when I first started pole, and I just noticed the other day they are actually ellies !! Which is funny because they are really heavy and I haven’t worn them in ages because the strap keeps breaking ! It’s gone at least 3 times now… so I would not have said they were built for pole dancing at all… !! =\

• MdawWat

August 6, 2017 at 10:37 am

I was also worried before I got my Ellies about all these supposed differences in the brands. I wear size 6 and putting my shoes side by side can’t tell a difference in them. I am glad I did not listen to the internet which told me to size up in the Ellies, but maybe I got lucky. I only have one pair.

They are a bit heavier though. It might be because I don’t dance in heels that much that I don’t mind that, and it helps me remember to engage through my legs which I have trouble with sometimes. My Ellies come from Glitter Heels, and they have all the features you are looking for in a pole shoe. I accidentally bought a pair of Pleasers on Amazon once that weren’t meant to be the dance type. Now that was a mistake. (Lacked the padding and nonslip rubber on the bottoms.)

• LatinPoler

August 6, 2017 at 5:35 pm

Thanks ladies! So I am going to assume the same sizing and be prepared for a heavier shoe. I want 8 inches so I guess that the weight difference will be even more noticeable than with lower heels. I have strong legs so I hope I can cope with it 🙂

• AllysonKendal

August 6, 2017 at 11:22 pm

I am the same size in Pleasers and Ellies… My ellies are HEAVY, but also super stable. Much easier to walk and balance in then pleasers of the same size.

• Veena

Administrator
    August 7, 2017 at 2:59 pm

I had chrome Ellie’s and they were not any heavier than my pink chrome pleasers. I wore the same size too. In all brands clear heels are heavier, so maybe that’s what people are talking about?

• LatinPoler

August 7, 2017 at 3:33 pm

Thank you! My main concern was the size and everybody seems to agree that there’s no difference. I think I can tolerate a heavier shoe if that’s the case. Thanks!!

• AllysonKendal

August 7, 2017 at 5:43 pm

My in Ellie’s have a thicker heel and a taller wider base than their pleaser counterpart. It may not be true of all styles though. I think that’s what accounts for the weight and better balance 😬

• AllysonKendal

August 7, 2017 at 8:35 pm

You can kind of see the difference here…

• LatinPoler

August 7, 2017 at 9:20 pm

Thank you! Yep, a little more stability would be appreciated!

• Girl On A Pole

September 2, 2017 at 8:07 pm

I have a pair of Ellie’s and hate them. They are narrow, very difficult to get on my feet and heavy. When I want to dance, train, I need to take a hairdryer to them to get them on my feet. Frustrating. And I have narrow feet. Would never buy them again.

• Rachel Osborne

September 3, 2017 at 1:26 pm

I think Ellie’s feel cheaper, less padded, less roomy, than Pleasers and the straps always break and the stitching feats…I had them for three years then switched to Pleasers and the difference felt like a real upgrade. I found Ellie’s stable but narrow and small to size.

• Rachel Osborne

September 3, 2017 at 1:27 pm

Autocorrect changed ‘the stitching frays’ to ‘feats’🤔🙄