StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Dogs peed on my chrome xpole

• Dogs peed on my chrome xpole

Posted by PoleDogs on September 18, 2020 at 6:18 am

I love both my dogs and my xpole. However, my dogs peed on it and it was my mom who saw them do it so she decided to put an enzyme cleaner on the wooden floor and my pole.

I’m worried that the urine and enzyme cleaner would rust the pole or ruin it. I cleaned the pole with alcohol and took it down.

Did anyone experienced this? How did your chrome xpole take the urine/enzyme cleaner?

Thank you 🙂

PoleDogs replied 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    September 18, 2020 at 8:34 pm

I’ve only seen poles rust because of continuous moisture not a one time thing. In face I use steam to deep clean my x poles and they do great. Exposure to moisture need to be prolonged in my experience, damp rooms, fog, sitting in water.

• Veena

Administrator
    September 18, 2020 at 8:34 pm

In fact not in face LOL

• PoleDogs

September 19, 2020 at 7:56 am

Thank you, Veena 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 I got really worried. It’s my first pole hahaha.

I cleaned it with 70% Rubbing Alcohol and it kinda got inside the mechanism of pole A (I took the screws out too to clean them). I’m also worried it might damage the inside of the pole.

Would that be alright or should I put WD40 to lubricate the screws? Someone told me that cleaning the screws with alcohol can remove the lubricant that the xpole factory put prior to shipping the pole.

• Veena

Administrator
    September 19, 2020 at 2:56 pm

You should put a bit of lube back in the threads you wipe off or they can get stuck. 🙂

• PoleDogs

September 19, 2020 at 3:13 pm

Thank you so much!! 🙂

• PoleDogs

September 19, 2020 at 3:35 pm

I also cleaned the inside pole of the adjuster part (from the blue arrow up to the yellow portion) of the Pole A with alcohol. Should I put silicone based grease on it?

It’s the newer version of xpole xpert (but not the latest one)

🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    September 19, 2020 at 5:11 pm

Yes, re-lube anything you wipe off…use whatever xpole suggests…I’m not sure what that would be.

• PoleDogs

September 20, 2020 at 2:46 am

Thank you so much 🙏🏻