Demystify the Matrix! (Handspring Hold?)

StrangeFox Paid Member
I have found my next nemesis move to work on! And I just defeated my last nemesis move...

I am not sure what other names this goes by but at my studio we call it "matrix." I suppose it could be a "handspring stall" or a "handspring deadlift hold"... anywho, I'm really struggling with this one. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to hold it, and I'm quite certain I'm not getting in the right position because it just feels wrong - as in, nothing feels "stacked" so I don't feel like I can get stable/engaged and I keep crumpling and turning in towards the pole when I lift my feet off of the ground (video coming soon).

I've been trying since spring of last year, and I'm not seeing a difference, which is one of the reasons why I'm assuming it's something wrong with my form as opposed to strength/flexibility related. It could well be strength and/or flexibility related, too, but this feels very similar to when I was learning cartwheel mount and I just wasn't in the right spot.

Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial for this move? I've only ever seen it in handspring deadlift prep videos, and it's never broken down.
Feb 9, 2020
Ninalina Paid Member
I believe Elizabeth B Fit (she has a YouTube channel with lots of great tutorials) has a handspring/ayesha/deadlift online course for purchase that covers “the float” or stall you may be referring to.
Feb 11, 2020
StrangeFox Paid Member
Thank you! I'm going to go look for that and let you know how it goes. :)
Feb 12, 2020

juniejune405144
I'm so excited to have Veena in my computer..I took a class but the teacher wasn't that great. I bought a pole put it up in my living room and Veena on my computer and it's been amazing. I can feel her kindness and her knowledge. thank u
more testimonials