StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Demystify the Matrix! (Handspring Hold?)

• Demystify the Matrix! (Handspring Hold?)

Posted by StrangeFox on February 9, 2020 at 6:13 pm

I have found my next nemesis move to work on! And I just defeated my last nemesis move…

I am not sure what other names this goes by but at my studio we call it “matrix.” I suppose it could be a “handspring stall” or a “handspring deadlift hold”… anywho, I’m really struggling with this one. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to hold it, and I’m quite certain I’m not getting in the right position because it just feels wrong – as in, nothing feels “stacked” so I don’t feel like I can get stable/engaged and I keep crumpling and turning in towards the pole when I lift my feet off of the ground (video coming soon).

I’ve been trying since spring of last year, and I’m not seeing a difference, which is one of the reasons why I’m assuming it’s something wrong with my form as opposed to strength/flexibility related. It could well be strength and/or flexibility related, too, but this feels very similar to when I was learning cartwheel mount and I just wasn’t in the right spot.

Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial for this move? I’ve only ever seen it in handspring deadlift prep videos, and it’s never broken down.

StrangeFox replied 4 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Ninalina

February 11, 2020 at 9:08 am

I believe Elizabeth B Fit (she has a YouTube channel with lots of great tutorials) has a handspring/ayesha/deadlift online course for purchase that covers “the float” or stall you may be referring to.

• StrangeFox

February 12, 2020 at 12:29 am

Thank you! I’m going to go look for that and let you know how it goes. 🙂