StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Dealing with air-con in a competition

• Dealing with air-con in a competition

Posted by EbonyPoleArtist on January 16, 2019 at 7:41 am

Hi all and Happy New Year! Would just like to get a chance to vent on something that has bothering me a lot in competitions….air con!!! Whenever I practice a routine I am always very careful and thorough in choosing moves that I can STICK but if the air-con is on super-high at a comp, this can really affect my mood (and my performance). Recently I did a comp where I practiced my titantic in heels over and over again to make sure I would get it every single time, and in a studio setting this was no problem (cold room, hot room etc). Mind you my pole at home is super-sticky where I first conceived this move. Anyhow at the comp the warm up room was boiling hot and I was feeling nice and sticky, but as soon as moved backstage I felt the chill of the air-con……so by the time I performed I literally had no grip and slid all the way out of my titanic, I didn’t even feel a smidgen of grip that I knew should be there from practice. Luckily I had a backup move planned and no-one noticed too much AND I still won my category but I was sooooo gutted and my final performance just felt nothing like my run through which was PERFECT. Uggggh, I really want to overcome this predicament!!! Can anyone else relate, how you handle air-con and what have been your hardest moves to stick during ‘cold’ competitions?

Veena replied 5 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply