StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Dark Inner Thighs – How to get rid of them

• Dark Inner Thighs – How to get rid of them

Posted by Jeny on June 1, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Hi,

I have got dark inner thighs and armpits. I think it maybe because I'm fat and now that I'm starting to pole I do want to get rid of it. I dont think it will be flattering when you are spreading your legs during splits and all and ppl can see your dark thighs. It will give me a lot more confidence to showcase my skills (eventually) if can get rid of dark thighs even if I dont really have the pole dancer type of figure.

Anyone know what I can do about it?

poletrickster replied 11 years, 10 months ago 7 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • poletrickster

June 1, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Without seeing a picture, its hard to say for sure but sounds to me like you could have insulin resistance and if so you should see and endocronoligist. My 7 yr old Son had dark skin on his neck and I found out he has Insulin resistance and since I have controlled his blood sugar through diet the dark skin is gone. I don't know why it affect skin like that but it does.

• poletrickster

June 1, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Here are some symptoms of IR:
    – Fatigue after meals
    – Need t eat sweets especially after meals
    – Always craving for carbs and refined sugars
    – Constantly or easily gaining weight especially around the mid section
    (too much fat accumulation around the waist)
    -acanthosis nigricans (dark spots and hard skin under the axillary, on the neck, inner thighs, under the brestasand groin) And my Endo told me that if a person has an inner tube stomach then they have IR

• LillyBilly

June 1, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Don't know about inner thighs (I have a somewhat dark skin so it seems normal to me that my thighs are dark), but I used to have strange dark armpits. I think it was because of hair removal, because once I did permanent removal the darkness was gone…

• jade s

June 2, 2012 at 2:29 am

My friend had the problem with dark armpits, she rubs lemon on them and it woos for her, so might give it try.

• jade s

June 2, 2012 at 2:38 am

Oops… It “works” not woos… : )

• Jeny

June 2, 2012 at 11:09 am

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the tips.

I'm asian fair so any dark areas on the body will look really odd. 

Poletrickster, what kind of diet do you put your son on? I'll do a check if Im really insulance resistance.

And perhaps I will try on the lemon tips too.

• amy

June 2, 2012 at 4:38 pm

One of my close friends (also asian) had the same thing…. It was from waxing! Once she stopped waxing it went away. That’s the only time I’ve heard of it though.

• DreamStarr

June 3, 2012 at 12:25 am

Dr. fred summit
    Blend n tone cream in “lemon”
    Works wonders

• Raphy696

June 3, 2012 at 1:15 am

I had this same problem when I was heavier. As I lost the weight the dark marks went away! I don't suggest any creams and they do make it worst. Just keep exercsing and working out and as you shed the lbs the dark marks will disappear! Trust me! Tried and proven! 

• Jeny

June 3, 2012 at 2:57 am

Thanks ladies!

Yes being heavy does bring itself a whole set of problems. I do realize that dark skin appears once I gain weight, Raphy696.

I started like a journal…kind of keeping track through pole dance and diet to see how i progress. mypoledancefitness.blogspot.com hah. 

• DreamStarr

June 3, 2012 at 9:25 am

@jeny I have always been a thick female my whole life where certain “things” rub you dont want rubbing together, so actually going thru it I understand, you dont want it there its ugly and u will try anything to get rid of it. Im not a doctor you asked for help and “I” sugguested what helped not for only me but some other pep also. Of course some weight loss would help that would help a lot of thing, heck were women we always need to do something lol, but good luck Jeny

• DreamStarr

@jeny I have always been a thick female my whole life where certain “things” rub you dont want rubbing together, so actually going thru it I understand, you dont want it there its ugly and u will try anything to get rid of it. Im not a doctor you asked for help and “I” sugguested what helped not for only me but some other pep also. Of course some weight loss would help that would help a lot of thing, heck were women we always need to do something lol, but good luck Jeny

• DreamStarr

• poletrickster

June 3, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Low carbohydrate diet with regular snacking every 2-3 hours, I do allow occasional junk but they are only permitted after a high fat/ moderate protein meal to slow the absorption of the sugar. I just experiment with what keeps him feeling stable with no swings in blood sugar or moods to know what he can and cannot eat. He is only cranky and emotional when he is having low blood sugar so I know when to give him some protein and it levels his mood he also knows how to recognize when he is dropping too low.. The reason losing weight helps get rid of the dark skin is it lowers insulin levels, insulin is the fat storage hormone so losing weight and stabilizing blood sugar lowers insulin production because the less sugar and carbs we eat the less insulin our body has to produce to remove the sugar which helps you burn more fat instead of storing it 🙂