StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Dare I say I stick too much??

• Dare I say I stick too much??

Posted by Jihaleh on October 18, 2019 at 10:12 pm

So I’m just getting the hang of some spins on pole and while grip isn’t too much of an issue on spin pole, I seem to be gripping too much for static pole spins, especially anything in my knee grip (hook spin will be the death of me). I know this is the opposite problem than most people face 😂
    I’m hesitant to use creams or talc for the obvious reason of not wanting absolutely everything to slip and slide but I’m really struggling with being stuck in spins.
    This happens on both my titanium gold pole at home and the chrome poles in class. Any clues/tips?

Veena replied 4 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • PoleWithSoul

October 19, 2019 at 11:11 pm

Sticking due to not having enough momentum during a spin vs sticking because of your body temp/skin moisture level vs sticking because you tend to squeeze your muscles a little more than necessary are all different possibilities…

• amelia2000

October 20, 2019 at 6:58 pm

Actively trying to spin down the pole (eg knee hook front or back where you end up kneeling/lying on the floor, or a stag spin where you end up sitting on the floor) and practising this should help.

• Veena

Administrator
    October 22, 2019 at 4:24 pm

Don’t use grip aids, right away unless you are slick from sweat or have dry skin that is slick. Work on something called grip control. It’s learning how to control the amount of squeezing you need for transitions and tricks. Many of the lessons here mention in the description when they help with grip control. There a some routines as well 💜