StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Contract for pole fitness

• Contract for pole fitness

Posted by campverdedanceandfitness28129 on February 23, 2020 at 5:44 pm

Hello my name is Michelle and I am the owner of Camp Verde Dance and Fitness in Camp Verde Arizona. We have a variety of fitness classes. One of my instructors wants to offer pole fitness and said she’s taught before in Las Vegas. I verbally agreed to try it and lets see what happens. She bought 3 X-Poles free standing. Her first workshop last week had 6 people in that paid for 4 classes.She originally typed a proposal that said she will offer classes to no-members at $40 for 2 classes and $25 for a drop in rate. Then the day of the workshop she changed her price without asking me to $30 for 4 classes. I wasnt happy with this at all! She said she just wants to get people in the studio. Then she told 2 regular paying members that the pole classes were included with their membership….WRONG! Now she wants to be paid a 60/40 split plus $25 base pay to teach this class. I want to do a contract with her with a set rate and not sure how to do a contract for this pole class as she bought the bases. Please advise. Thanks! Michelle Elton

mystical replied 4 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    February 23, 2020 at 6:21 pm

I can see how frustrating that would be and it sounds like a contract might be the way to go. I’m not super business minded when it comes to contracts but Webmaster might have some ideas.

If you haven’t already, make sure she is teaching in a way that allows first time pole dancers to have fun and do it in a safe way. Would be worth asking if you can attend a class so you can make sure she is teaching in a way that you want your facility to be represented.

If you’re not sure what is appropriate for beginners feel free to take a look at the lessons here, they are in order 🙂

• Webmaster

Administrator
    February 23, 2020 at 6:23 pm

First make sure your liability insurance covers pole. Some fitness insurances won’t cover injuries if the exercise involves both feet coming off the ground. Think bar based gymanastics, pole dance, etc…

Beyond that you need to simplify the contract:

Option 1) She could be paid as a contractor. Your studio accepts payment for the lessons and establishes the member/non-member rate and accepts payment. You pay her either a flat rate per session or a flat rate per attendee. She should not be paid differently based on the membership status of the students.

Option 2) She rents your studio for a set rate per session, she establishes her own rates and accepts her own payment.

• campverdedanceandfitness28129

February 23, 2020 at 11:24 pm

That sounds good. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. Great advice.

• mystical

February 25, 2020 at 4:37 pm

Campverdepoleandfitness I didn’t know camp Verde has a pole studio when I go visit my brother in Prescott valley, I will stop in. What’s the address?

• mystical

February 25, 2020 at 4:39 pm

Sorry misspelled your username campverdedanceandfitness

• campverdedanceandfitness28129

February 25, 2020 at 5:13 pm

564 south Main Street suite 113 camp verde. It’s only the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month. We have other classes that we offer too. Come take a class!

• mystical

February 28, 2020 at 3:34 pm

Thank you