Capezio Help

Fever Paid Member
Hi, there! I'm working on getting into a Capezio and was wondering if anyone had tips. I've seen the mini lesson and the ballerina lessons, but I'm wondering if there are any extra tips with leg rotation, how to grab, or how to extend the back leg. I have a fairly flat ballerina and a fairly bendy back as well, but I'm not sure how to extend that back leg. I added a pic to show where I'm at in my progress.
Oct 26, 2021
Veena
Oh it's looking awesome. For me I need to place the hand close to my knee instead of the foot or ankle to get a better extension of the back 🦵
Oct 26, 2021
Fever Paid Member
Thank you for the tip! I'm going to give that a try tomorrow and will post the results.
Oct 26, 2021
Pole Raven
No help to you. Just gawking at the beautiful lines.
Oct 27, 2021
StrangeFox Paid Member
Gorgeous!!! I am following this because I have the same question... lol! I think for me my active hip extension is quite poor so I've been working my booty in the hopes I can soon access some of my sweet, sweet passive hip flex gains on the pole!
Oct 27, 2021
Fever Paid Member
Pole Raven, thank you!
Oct 27, 2021
Fever Paid Member
StrangeFox, saaaame. My PT for an injury included a lot of work on glutes, so I'm hoping that pays off at some point! Maybe we should post progress pics to this thread?
Oct 27, 2021
Fever Paid Member
Uuuugh. Okay, yesterday wasn't my bendiest practice, but I'm running into an issue where if I focus on the back leg, my front leg looks awful, and vice versa. This photo was the best I could do, and it's HARD to grab that back leg lower than the ankle!! I'm wondering if it's better to focus on grabbing the back leg before worrying about the front leg or vice versa.
Oct 28, 2021
Veena
Yeah, totally try to do the back first.
Oct 28, 2021
Pole Raven
It's looking good! Getting bendier from that tip from Veena. That's a tough move.
Oct 28, 2021

litlbit Previous Paid Member
An absolute must whether your an at home poler, a studio student, instructor, and or owner!! I subscribe yearly!!!
more testimonials