StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Capezio Help

• Capezio Help

Posted by Fever on October 26, 2021 at 7:37 pm

Hi, there! I’m working on getting into a Capezio and was wondering if anyone had tips. I’ve seen the mini lesson and the ballerina lessons, but I’m wondering if there are any extra tips with leg rotation, how to grab, or how to extend the back leg. I have a fairly flat ballerina and a fairly bendy back as well, but I’m not sure how to extend that back leg. I added a pic to show where I’m at in my progress.

Pole Raven replied 2 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    October 26, 2021 at 8:03 pm

Oh it’s looking awesome. For me I need to place the hand close to my knee instead of the foot or ankle to get a better extension of the back 🦵

• Fever

October 26, 2021 at 11:13 pm

Thank you for the tip! I’m going to give that a try tomorrow and will post the results.

• Pole Raven

October 27, 2021 at 12:44 am

No help to you. Just gawking at the beautiful lines.

• StrangeFox

October 27, 2021 at 12:59 am

Gorgeous!!! I am following this because I have the same question… lol! I think for me my active hip extension is quite poor so I’ve been working my booty in the hopes I can soon access some of my sweet, sweet passive hip flex gains on the pole!

• Fever

October 27, 2021 at 1:11 am

Pole Raven, thank you!

• Fever

October 27, 2021 at 1:13 am

StrangeFox, saaaame. My PT for an injury included a lot of work on glutes, so I’m hoping that pays off at some point! Maybe we should post progress pics to this thread?

• Fever

October 28, 2021 at 2:43 pm

Uuuugh. Okay, yesterday wasn’t my bendiest practice, but I’m running into an issue where if I focus on the back leg, my front leg looks awful, and vice versa. This photo was the best I could do, and it’s HARD to grab that back leg lower than the ankle!! I’m wondering if it’s better to focus on grabbing the back leg before worrying about the front leg or vice versa.

• Veena

Administrator
    October 28, 2021 at 2:45 pm

Yeah, totally try to do the back first.

• Pole Raven

October 28, 2021 at 4:54 pm

It’s looking good! Getting bendier from that tip from Veena. That’s a tough move.