StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Can’t disassemble pole…MegaBrand

• Can’t disassemble pole…MegaBrand

Posted by teamsteil2556 on October 25, 2015 at 12:29 am

Hi everyone! I’m sort of having a dilemma. I have to move out soon, but my MegaBrand pole will not come down. know I know…I should’ve gone with an X-pole, but I did not do my research and went with what was cheap and had good reviews.

Basically the flange nut is so tight that I can’t find a way to unscrew it. Here is a picture of the parts, and the flange nut is what needs to be loosened first to start the process of getting it down: http://articles.alexquintana.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/51kCAKuOf9L._SX342_-300×300.jpg

I’ve tried the following: putting one of the metal sticks in the indent of the flange nut and hammering it to the left, putting a rubber band around the flange nut to create friction and try to unscrew it with a wrench, and purchasing a rubber wrench to try and unscrew it. Nothing has worked. I looked up the release tools for the x-pole, but they don’t look like they will work with the brand I have.

For the record, this brand of pole has been great, I can see why it has good reviews. It’s just taking it down that is a hassle. I wonder if I would have this problem if I took it down each month to clean the parts and what not. I Googled this issue and saw some people had the same problems, but no solutions -_- although one girl said she paid a car mechanic $20 to come over and disassemble it, but never specified how he did it. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Cantetinza17 replied 4 years ago 9 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • quancutie23

October 25, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Ask a construction worker or someone from lowes or home depo

• Veena

Administrator
    October 25, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Do you NEED to take it apart? I have on old xpole, that was this style and ended up just leaving 2 of the pieces together because they were stuck.

• teamsteil2556

October 25, 2015 at 6:52 pm

Hi Veena, yes I do need to take it apart, otherwise it will be stuck there and my landlord will kill me. I am not talking about the two long pole pieces being stuck together. My problem is that I can’t even get it down from the ceiling because the flange nut is so tight and will not unscrew. It’s almost like I need to cut a hole in my ceiling to get it down :S Also thank you for your suggestion quan, I’ll see if someone from Home Depot can help me out too.

• lisakristin

October 26, 2015 at 4:14 am

Can you call up the company to ask them how to dismantle it? Maybe there is something that you are missing to help loosen it….

• quancutie23

October 28, 2015 at 6:54 am

Did you ever get.your pole down

• Rose2011

October 29, 2015 at 11:04 am

I am not sure but it looks like the same style as my old Platinum Stages pole. It got stuck once and I read on here (and it sounds crazy) but try tightening it to ceiling just a little more. That takes the pressure off the nuts and the may loosen then. Hope u can get it down.

• mariebee

October 29, 2015 at 11:30 pm

Did you try using two wrenches? One to hold the top part still and the other to use on the unlock nut?

• teamsteil2556

October 30, 2015 at 6:18 am

Thanks for the suggestions so far everyone! No I haven’t gotten it down yet, but I’m going to head to Home Depot this weekend and see if anyone can suggest something. I’m also going to try contacting MegaBrand to see if they can help me. I haven’t tried two wrenches, but the thing with using wrenches is they don’t do anything when unscrewing the pole because the surface of the pole is too smooth so there’s no friction for it to get a grip and unscrew. I’ll comment if I happen to get it down this weekend. Fingers crossed!

• rapunzal275163

November 19, 2015 at 10:23 pm

I had exactly the same issue… with the bonus of the hole where the tool goes being stripped out.I had tried everything crc etc including trying to rebuild hole with steel kneed it.. Finally got it down today..I ended up getting the hacksaw out and cutting the locking nut off… took some time and effort as had to remove blade from hacksaw to be able to use it otherwise it wouldn’t fit. But i thought that if worst comes to worst I can always get a nut from the hardware shop that will fit the bolt, with the bonus of being able to use a wrench on it and less chance of stripping out another hole and ending up with the same problem… I’m aware this seems a drastic cure but I was at my wits end… at the end of the day it worked… now just need a new nut…

• Veena

Administrator
    November 21, 2015 at 4:40 am

I hope you got the pole apart Team!

• honolulusushi53412

November 23, 2015 at 4:18 am

Ended up buying expensive tools and a mallot and got my pole down. Apparently it was tightened without my knowledge. I ended up scratching the pole with the giant wrench, but it did come down. Good luck. Giant wrench on pole, then l used mallot to hammer metal little rod around. Not sure if this will help you.

• Cantetinza17

March 27, 2020 at 2:26 am

I have an S Factor pole. I purchased a different brand and I’m trying to take it apart because it came in its own case and I’m thinking about selling it, so I need to get it in the case. My problem is the main pole pieces won’t separate. I’m going to call a friend to help.