StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Calling all SV Veteran circa 2010-2011 and all new pole buddies too!

• Calling all SV Veteran circa 2010-2011 and all new pole buddies too!

Posted by Elyse Hauke on March 21, 2016 at 4:47 pm

After being out of the pole/aerial world for several years, I am back in action and just wanted to reunite with old buddies to say hello and make some new friends too! Man have things ever changed. Some things good, some not so good but SV.com has always been the best place to find everything good and positive in our community. So here I am! I have lost most of my strength and skills but thanks to muscle memory and a lot of dedication I am making progress daily and hope to exceed my former skillset quickly. I have been really frustrated because I wasn’t able to invert anymore and I had forgotten what pole burn was like. But I am happy to report that after 2 short weeks, I got my invert back and found that I still have a lot of strength I didn’t know I still had. It’s frustrating but I have found myself really yearning for a pole family for a long time and that’s partly why I have been off the pole for so long. I have not had any luck finding and pole/aerial junkies in the Columbus, GA so if anyone lives in or near Columbus, GA (close to Atlanta) please let me know! BTW, I changed my screen name a while back, so any SV veterans out there will have known me as punkrocgirlie. So yeah, its good to be back and I look forward to sharing all of your journeys here on SV going forward.

Elyse Hauke replied 7 years, 11 months ago 9 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • mystical

March 21, 2016 at 7:29 pm

Welcome back, I been on this site since 2012. There’s a lot of ladies that I seen on here back then that I don’t see any more. There are some that are still around. There’s a lot of changes Veena has done like new chair and hammock lessons.

• Elyse Hauke

March 22, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Thanks for your reply Mystical, nice to meet you. I am sure there’s plenty of people still around but very happy to meet new faces too! Glad to see that you have had such dedication with pole for several years now. Keep up the good work!

• Veena

Administrator
    March 22, 2016 at 4:27 pm

Yes, still going strong and tons of new stuff! If you’re looking for a program to help you get back into pole the 30 day take off is perfect for that 😊

• mystical

March 22, 2016 at 7:37 pm

Hellcat thank you, its nice to meet you to, I been on and off pole since 2012, I’m still a beginner but trying to stay consistent in exercise and pole.

• reenie aka Mysfit

March 23, 2016 at 10:17 pm

Woot! Welcome back!

• Dancing Paws

April 10, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Howdy! I’ve been away for ages, but I think I joined SV in late 2010?

• chemgoddess1

April 12, 2016 at 11:20 pm

Yep, still here just not as often as I used to be. That is more due to me not being on the pole as much as I used to be, sadly. Really missing the passion I once had for it.

• Katherine McKinney

April 13, 2016 at 2:01 pm

I’ve been on since 2010! I’d love for us all to chat more. The pole world sure has changed quite a bit since then! Chemgoddess, I completely agree with you. I am doing my best, but the pole world is just different now. This site is the closest I get to that passion I used to feel.

• Judy Jovanelly

April 20, 2016 at 4:57 pm

Welcome back! I’ve been here since 2010 (i think….) I, too, don’t seem to have as much time to visit here as I used to. I miss it !

• Elyse Hauke

April 26, 2016 at 4:53 pm

@jayja125- thank you! It’s good to be back! I am going to do my best to not be a stranger myself time permitting.

@ Hi Fever! Changes can often be good and there are plenty of positive changes in pole world, but for those that are not so good and those that are horrendous, all I can do is shake my head and keep love in my heart for the positives. Some things may never change but there definitely is a degree of greater open-mindedness and forgiveness that I have recently witnessed recently which truly is a great thing. Speaking of changes, I definitely have to get used to the new format on the SV site. Loving a lot of the changes here as far as site format and how much aerial work and straight dancing that have made their way to the site.

@ Chemgoddess- Hello lovely! It’s been a long time. So glad to see you are still here! I have never really lost my passion for pole. For a long time it was more about having lost a passion for life in general. I was completely emerged in school and had a lot of life issues getting in the way. I gained a ton of weight and every time I tried to get back on the pole I would give up and cry within 5 mins. It was awful! I finally was inspired by my good friend, RenaLadybug, to get back in the game. Her weight loss really inspired me and I have her to thank for getting my mojo back. I am now down 23 lbs with a loss of 12% body fat in just 80 days. Diet has been huge but man, pole has always done wonders for my body. I went from not being able to invert anymore to getting back a lot of moves I wouldn’t have dreamed I could do again.so far I have gotten back my inverted v, crucifix, inverted thigh hold, superman or woman lol!, and some others that I am really stoked about. I learned pole pretty quickly and it seems to be coming back quickly too, despite the weight. Oh, the power of pole!

@ Aerial Gypsy and Mysfit- Thank you! Can’t wait to see everybody’s videos and progress. There is so much to catch up on.

• Elyse Hauke

April 26, 2016 at 5:05 pm

@ Veena- Thanks for the warm welcome back! I will be sure to check out all the new features and finances permitting will hopefully be able enjoy everything SV has to offer! So happy to be back!

• Legs4Days

April 28, 2016 at 12:34 am

I have been gone for quite some time and finally back to I found myself dealing with the same challenges that you have !

• Elyse Hauke

April 28, 2016 at 2:48 am

@legs4days- well a big welcome back to you too! Sorry to hear you were having some of the same struggles.

I have been feeling really good about my progress but then sometimes I think about how good I would be if things didn’t pan out the way they did or think man that move used to be so easy for me but know I don’t have the strength for it yet or it hurts to hold for longer than a few seconds. Ah, the joys of embracing prep work and practicing patience.

5 years is a long time and I sometimes I feel sick to my stomach about it. So I let myself grieve over it for about 5 mins and then focus on the positive and enjoy the fact that I am back and I am not truly starting over from ground zero. So happy to know that I still have a home with plenty of veeners to share my passion with.

I am sure that if I can manage to keep up the way I have been with my weight loss and training that I will be close to where I was in a just a few months. I am sure the same will hold true for you too! Congrats on finding your way back to SV. Can’t wait to follow you progress and cheer you on!