StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Best pole finish for sweaty hands?

• Best pole finish for sweaty hands?

Posted by pinkpsychologist1195 on June 6, 2018 at 2:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been to a couple of pole classes but would like to get an x-pole for practice at home. My hands are really sweaty after warm-up, which is what pretty much happens with any kind of cardio. I’m just the kind of person who sweats buckets.
    I keep sliding on the chrome poles the studio has so I have wondered if brass might be a better option? I don’t like the price tag but chrome and me are unlikely to become close friends anytime soon. I also looked at the powder coated poles but from what I read, they seem to be a little too rough on skin – anyone got any experience with them as their only home pole?

As a sidenote, I have not tried any grip aids yet. My studio suggests to finish the Beginner’s course first, so we get a feeling for the pole with bare hands/legs. That kind of makes sense to me but I am also completely new to the whole thing, so if that sounds wrong, please tell me 🙂

pinkpsychologist1195 replied 5 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    June 6, 2018 at 8:33 pm

Get yourself some grip aids! Avoid grips like and itac, not that they aren’t good they just don’t work well with sweaty hands. Try dry hands, mighty grip or anything that says it’s an antiperspirant. I don’t usually go crazy with the grip aids but when it comes to sweat it can be so frustrating and sometimes dangerous so don’t feel bad about using them.

I agree, for most with sweaty hands, stainless still works and for some brass works well too!

See if you could bring a personal fan to class along with the towel PenelopeAnn suggested.

• grayeyes

June 7, 2018 at 2:44 am

Dry Hands changed my poling life and I didn’t even realize I had sweaty hands. I just thought I had the weakest hands in the world. Turns out Dry Hands made a huge difference for me. I had been using Mighty Grip but for me there is no comparison with how much Dry Hands helped me.

• dustbunny

June 7, 2018 at 3:02 am

Dirty Girl Poletice is a grip aid for sweaty handed folks like us. It changed my life!

• pinkpsychologist1195

June 7, 2018 at 6:27 pm

Thank you everyone! I will research more about the stainless steel option – I thought they were particularly slippery?

Definitely having a look at the grip aid!