StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Best Heels for Pole Dancing

• Best Heels for Pole Dancing

Posted by Emilywellsperritt on December 7, 2016 at 6:05 pm

Can anybody make a recommendation for the best “stripper” shoes for pole dancing? I have some 7-inch plastic Pleasers, but find that the heel strap sticks to the pole when I try to spin.

33barbwire replied 7 years, 1 month ago 8 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Runemist34

December 7, 2016 at 9:29 pm

Hey Latte!
    It really depends on your preferences. Just as the pole itself is part of our equipment, the shoes can be just as tricky to have, and use. And, just like there are different preferences to pole size and finish, spin or not, it can depend that way with shoes, too!
    I really enjoy my Ellie’s, but they are they only shoes I’ve ever had, so I can’t specifically say whether they are better or worse.
    I also know that use of shoes is going to be different when training. Like, if you started learning spins when you had pants on, and then switched to wearing shorts, it’s quite the different experience, and you need to subtly adjust things to accommodate. So it goes with shoes, too!
    If you have the chance to try some at a studio, or can pinpoint specific issues you may have with your current shoes, you could get some new ones and keep trying!

• Emilywellsperritt

December 8, 2016 at 3:36 am

Thanks, Runemist34! I’ll ask some of the other dancers at my studio as well, and just keep experimenting. 😎

• dustbunny

December 8, 2016 at 4:35 am

I personally love my pleaser and I use the fact that they stick to the pole to help with grip for some tricks. Like Runemist said you may have to make a subtle adjustment to your foot placement on the pole if it is interfering. What kind of spin are you specifically talking about?

• Emilywellsperritt

December 8, 2016 at 7:37 pm

Thanks, Dustbunny! I’m a beginner, so I tried it with beginning spins like fireman on a static pole. I got pretty stuck.

• LatinPoler

December 8, 2016 at 10:26 pm

For me, what works the best is what you dislike πŸ™‚ Pleasers with clear plastic straps! They hold my feet very well, I feel really stable in them. For heel height, I think 7 inches is a good compromise, you’ll look great and still be able to walk LoL. Also, think that sticky shoes can make climbing easier. I heard that in some competitions high boots are prohibited because of that, it’s cheating. When using the pole on spinning mode, you don’t really spin but hold a position. In this case, sticky shoes may be desirable as well.

• Katya K Pole

March 6, 2017 at 8:02 am

Long time Pleaser wearer here! I honestly love Pleaser. In the very beginning of my pole days they served their purpose and I never really had a problem with them, but bc I have wide feet the fit was always a little off on me. I was on instagram one day and came across heels n thrills, and their shoes were SO gorgeous. Their prices are a bit high for me so I was kinda hesitant at first but they told me they could make my shoes a little wider than my size in pleaser so I decided to take the plunge and ordered a gorgeous seven inch gold glitter pair. I was so shocked when I first danced in them bc even though I had considered Pleasers alright all this time, the comfort level of these was just out of this world. I just ordered my second ones, eight inch, translucent platforms. I’ll definitely update on those. But so far would totally recommend. Even though they were pricey, I feel like they are gonna last me forever. I found a discount code too, so if any body wants to try you can contact me, i think the code would work again. πŸ˜€

• Cherished

March 6, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Maybe you can try slip ons so there is no heel strap to worry about.

I have these Pleasers:
    http://www.bananashoes.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1000×1000/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/l/allure-602-c_1.jpg
    If the link doesn’t work they are named: allure 602

I cut off the middle strap and the still stay on just fine.

• 33barbwire

March 6, 2017 at 5:57 pm

I caught the “need to try on shoes” bug this weekend, and got to try some 6″ and 7″ pairs, and between those two I think I’d have to go with the 6″. The 7″ just felt too precarious when I stand on them lol. Does anyone mind talking about why 7″ is popular/standard?

• Emilywellsperritt

March 6, 2017 at 6:14 pm

Great advice about the slip-ons, Cherished. I was concerned about the shoes falling off, so it’s reassuring to hear they’ll stay on.

• Goat on a Pole

March 7, 2017 at 2:53 pm

@33barbwire – I have 5.5 inch Pleasers and *just* bought 7 inch Pleasers, and I actually think that the 7 inchers are much more steady and comfortable for me. Why? It took me a moment to figure out, but it’s because in my case, the platform-to-heel height ratio is better aka more flat. So in the 5.5 inch shoes my feet are at a steeper angle, whereas in the 7 inch shoes the platform is much higher relative to the heel so it’s less steeper just higher up overall. If you are buying online or in store, try to compare platform and heel height, not just heel height.

Another thing to keep in mind is “how” you are going to wear them. I don’t stray very far from the pole when I’m wearing heels, and when I do, it’s always low flow / on the ground. It’s not like I’m walking across multiple rooms in my high heels regularly. Therefore the higher height with the comfier foot feel is better for me. Plus I’m obsessed with how they make my leg lines. πŸ™‚

Also I just saw a video on instagram from someone who does a lot of exotic pole on how she preps her shoes to dance, let me link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRT9-8XgE7q/?taken-by=iris.sparrow

Hope this helps! Enjoy!

• 33barbwire

March 7, 2017 at 11:40 pm

@Goat on a Pole – thanks for this video, that’s so cool! And also makes so much sense after noticing how sturdy the rubber soles were on the shoes I tried on in-store.