StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Beginner- Spinning problems!

• Beginner- Spinning problems!

Posted by katiemelissabird4958 on March 31, 2020 at 9:54 pm

Hi,
    Im a newbie, been poling for 6 weeks. I can climb and sit but I am having trouble taking my outside off the ground when i try spin backwards or forwards from a standing position, I just fall to the ground when I lift my outside leg. Any ideas about what I might be doing wrong?

katiemelissabird4958 replied 3 years, 12 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    March 31, 2020 at 10:22 pm

Hi! If you have a video to upload or share it’s helpful in trouble shooting.

Those spins require you to hold your whole body, so it’s usually a matter of building strength.

If you’re using the lessons here, know that they’re placed in an order in which help you progress. They’re not random.

It sounds like you’re trying to do a back hook? Or just any spin while standing to the side of the pole? For the back hook you’re going to want to learn the Step around first https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/5e7e4217-a544-4440-978a-55f6ac110005 This will teach you to go backwards from standing. As for all other spins start here….https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/4f7460cf-70a8-4b81-b84e-781e0ac37250 and work your way through each lesson. Hope this helps!! 😊 The 30 day take off program will help you build strength if that interests you at all.

• katiemelissabird4958

April 1, 2020 at 8:25 am

Hi
    Thank you so much for the tips I will watch the videos and try the moves. Could I private message you my video please as I dont feel confident uploadinf a video as yet on the discussiin thread? I am loving your website its fantastic!

• Veena

Administrator
    April 1, 2020 at 2:50 pm

Sure you can. Just know that everyone here is supportive and it’s about learning.

• katiemelissabird4958

April 2, 2020 at 6:43 pm

Thank you Veena, how do I send you my video of me trying to spin?

• Veena

Administrator
    April 2, 2020 at 6:51 pm

Uploading here is easiest but if you don’t want others to see, you could try uploading to Youtube setting it to private and sending me the link. Or send it to my email is Veena@studioveena.com for direct contact with me.

• katiemelissabird4958

April 3, 2020 at 8:34 am

Thank you Veena i really appreciate it, ill send it via email, take care and stay safex