StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Attacked because we are women..we did defend ourself!

• Attacked because we are women..we did defend ourself!

Posted by isabelle4141 on February 19, 2018 at 3:31 pm

Hello,

I am Isabelle, 28 years old from Belgium.At first, I must apologize for my terrible english, I hope it will not burn your eyes, I try my best.

By this thread I just wanted to warn you about what happened to us recently… I follow pole dance lessons since 6 years now in a little club in Belgium.

So it was the end of the lesson, so as usual, I walk to the dressing room. I was with 3 others dancers. I opened the door and saw a man holding my handbags and some others. It has took me few seconds to realise what’s going on until I yell at him.

His only escape was the door I just opened so he ran on our direction and tried to push us.We catch his arm and he punch me in the face!

We punch him back and pushing him into the dressing room. We were 4 versus him and we surrounding him. one of us put him in a headlock with her arm while we heat him as we could with punch, kick, knee kick…and he quickly he fall to the ground. We kicked him again on the ground and he curl on himself asking us to stop… One of us catch his arms and put it on his back. He couldn’t move and was begging us to stop.

The rest of the dancers came to help us but he was done already. The teacher tie his hands behind the back. I took in his pocket his phone and wallet to be sure he s not trying to escape while some dancers called the police.

We keep him kneeldown like this and the teacher started to question him. She made him admit that he is a drug addict and he did that to pay his product (he is 19…). He admit also it was not the first time and he target only kid dressing room, women or old person doing yoga!! We were shocked that he targetting us just because we are women!

After maybe 15 minutes, police came to take him. He was not in good shape. Because of the fight due to police station, he has 2 broken ribs and a “black eye” on half of his face. I just have a little bruise on my face and others dancers just on their arms.

I just wanted to warn you if there is any dancers in this forum. I really hope that behaviour was due to a crazy man and not from a new “vague of crime” targetting specially dancers.

Is it any chance he try to sue us?

thx

dustbunny replied 5 years, 12 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • dustbunny

February 20, 2018 at 3:11 pm

Wow. What an experience! You and your fellow dancers were brave. The laws vary by country but here in Canada you are allowed to protect yourself and your property with any “reasonable” force. He was unarmed and you 4 used no weapons other than your bodies. Even 4 on 1, he was the one who initiated it by being somewhere he wasn’t supposed to be and doing something he wasn’t supposed to do. If this happened here I think that it would be unlikely that he would be able to sue. That’s doesn’t mean it’s the same where you live but i hope so.
    I hope you guys make the newspaper. I can see the headline now, “Girl power!”

• Veena

Administrator
    February 21, 2018 at 2:48 am

Wow, that’s an amazing story. It was not wise of him to target pole dancers that’s for sure! I’m glad you all are ok!!!!!

• isabelle4141

February 22, 2018 at 9:44 am

Hello and thanks for your comments,

@dustbunny I did take a look about the law in my country and it seems it look like what you describe about Canada’s law. You must defend yourself using force that is “proportioned” to the threat. I guess (I hope) we are good.

As you said, we did not use weapons, only our body. He could have just surrender when we catch him instead of punching me. That could have been really dangerous for us but thanks god, he has no knife or whatever but we just didnt think avout it at that moment. The fight was finally very short. I was surpise but at 4 vs 1, he has no chance to win.

We did kick him while he was on the ground but we did stop after he stop trying to get up, we could have continu to beat him instead of tie him up. I hope police or judge can understand that in the case he decide to sue…

Our teacher prefer to not mention it to the local newspaper.

@Veena thanks I hope he will never try that again 😉

• isabelle4141

April 3, 2018 at 12:56 pm

Hello dear dancers just to update you how it has turn,

So after we did caught our attacker we were a bit in stress to get sued because of his injury. Finaly he didn’t and we did decided also to not sue him at the condition he came to apologize, and that s what he did… He seems sincere even if, of course, he was not in position to do what he wanted…

Because we didn’t sue him he has the benefit of a quick procedure. Finaly the judge give him 200 hours of forced work (he s unemployment) and an obligation to cure his cocaine addiction. I hope he will take that event as a lesson

• Veena

Administrator
    April 3, 2018 at 1:41 pm

Thank you for the update!

• dustbunny

April 3, 2018 at 4:34 pm

I am glad to hear none of you suffered any legal consequences from defending yourselves. It makes me believe there is still justice in this world. Hopefully the man involved will learn a lesson and get help to get off the drugs. ☺