StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Anyone going to Pole Expo 2017?

• Anyone going to Pole Expo 2017?

Posted by grayeyes on April 1, 2017 at 4:20 am

I just scheduled my workshops today so I’m getting excited already though nervous about not having the stamina to pole that much–I booked two workshops each day (total of 8) but two are non-pole. Guess I’m gonna find out because it’s a done deal now. I’ve never been so any advice or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

LyraPole replied 6 years, 11 months ago 7 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • Neesy118

April 1, 2017 at 8:09 pm

I am so excited for you!!!! I think you are strong enough to handle it. It depends on how your classes are scheduled and the type of class, like back to back? I’m still not sure if I’m going to be able to make it this year…crossing fingers

• grayeyes

April 2, 2017 at 12:37 am

I only have one day where they are back to back so hopefully I’ll be okay. I’m intend to step up my poling anyway to hopefully compete in March next year so Expo is just another motivation for me to get busy. 🙂

• 33barbwire

April 4, 2017 at 3:43 pm

I’m going to Pole Expo for the first time this year! I’m so excited! Can anyone say whether the trip is still enjoyable if you do zero paid workshops? They look like they have a bunch of free workshops. Plus vendors and all that. 😀

• Amani

April 4, 2017 at 11:08 pm

Last year was my first time. I took a few of the paid classes. I’m going this year but I’m not taking any paid classes. There is such much to see and do that is already included in the price. I missed performances on the center stage while I was in class. On the center stage where the vendors are they have lots of regular people performing. I like these because I feel like I can relate to these performers more than the superstars. Also, there are so many people to meet and just hang out. They also have a pole playground with poles set up where you can get on and practice/play for free. Let’s not forget the spa and the pool. Whatever you decide to do it will be a good time.

• Veena

Administrator
    April 4, 2017 at 11:35 pm

We’ve had a booth there and I taught a workshop as well a few yrs back. It was great meeting so many of our members and there’s lots to do not just workshops! If we happen to be in town around that time I might pop in for a day. There’s hiking in Red Rock Canyon, Mt Charleston, and Lake Mead too!

Grayeyes, that’s a lot of workshops, but many of them have a few ppl to a pole so you will have time to stand and wait I would think in at least a few!

• emmasculator

April 5, 2017 at 10:33 pm

I would say bring lots of grip aid. They crank the AC in Vegas and I was too cold to stick a lot of the times. Also allot time to do your own warm up. In my experience, the teachers do warm you up bit it’s not as long as in a studio setting. Also expect to share a stage pole. They’re many people in a lot of the workshop so you may not always get your own pole. Also if staying in the hard Rock check you statement when you check out. They mischarged me and STILL won’t refund the difference.

• grayeyes

April 6, 2017 at 2:11 am

Thanks for all the advice. I forgot it’s all stage poles–though I’ve seen pictures so I should have known that. I’m not a fan of those things. Ah well, figure it may be the only time I go so I’m going to get my money’s worth–I hope–unless my old body says otherwise. Guess I’m gonna find out. Thanks for the tip on the Hard Rock–that is where I’m staying. That sucks that they won’t refund you.

• emmasculator

April 6, 2017 at 2:24 am

Stage poles are not my favorite! Especially on spin pole. They loose spin so quickly because of all their wobbling. And it sucked. They said they misquoted my rate as lower than it should be so they kept a significant amount of my security deposit. Ooh I was so mad. Argued with them for 40 minutes at check out then had to leave to catch my flight.

• LyraPole

April 6, 2017 at 12:30 pm

I’ll be going! Went a couple years ago and was really sad I couldn’t make it last year. I’m doing 5 workshops total and staying extra days. Vegas is my home away from home due to my ex being stationed out there, so I’ll be staying a little longer to see friends and train at the local studios. Always looking for other “stuff” to do outside of the workshops! I enjoyed the free “workshops” last time but glad I was able to book the paid ones this year.

If anyone has suggestions of fun stuff to do, let’s hear it! Some friends and I talked about an escape room last year, I planned to go out to the Grand Canyon one day, already saw the Hoover dam, plan to see another cirque show or two and check out the garden at MGM. Making a list! Any suggestions are welcome!!

• grayeyes

April 7, 2017 at 12:59 am

@lyrapole I can’t comment on escape rooms in Vegas but I’ve done many in my hometown and love them. Always a good time. Perhaps we’ll cross paths in Vegas. My husband is going with me though I’m not at all sure what he’s going to do with himself, other than enjoy the “scenery” I imagine.

• 33barbwire

April 8, 2017 at 4:53 pm

There’s good tips in here about bringing extra grip aid. Maybe I’ll have a reason to try the ol’ hairspray on the legs trick, lol.

I don’t feel so bad anymore if I don’t do any paid workshops. From 2016’s list that they’ve got on the site, there’s a ton of stuff in there that I’d have been excited to fill up on. If this year’s schedule is anything like that, I think I’m set. 😀

@LyraPole – when I went to Vegas a couple years ago, we saw Zumanity and it was AMAZING. I’m a sucker in general for Cirque du Soleil, but Zumanity has got to be my favorite thing I did on that trip. And that’s including Thunder from Down Under. 😉

Follow up question, does anyone plan on *not* staying at Hard Rock? I’m trying to keep an eye on hotel deals on the Strip, and I know that’s a little ways from Hard Rock. Has anyone had a good experience with staying somewhere else and using the bus to get to Hard Rock?

• Veena

Administrator
    April 8, 2017 at 5:12 pm

Absinthe!! If you liked Zumanity see Absinthe…it my new fav and the venue is small and it’s basically like vintage, naughty, circus!

• LyraPole

April 8, 2017 at 9:29 pm

I’m staying at the hostel but groupon sometimes has hotel deals too. Or check on kayak. Airbnb has a few good deals if u can commit far in advance for specific dates!

• LyraPole

April 8, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Ooooh my friend went to see absinthe recently! I’ll ask him how it was!! Thanks for the advice!