StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions which pole?

• which pole?

Posted by hanbow74364 on August 19, 2014 at 6:07 am

Hi guys, I’m a beginner pole dancer and I was looking to buy a dance pole. I have a tight budget so I was looking at cheap poles and I was just wondering if they would be safe and if any of you have cheaper, unbranded poles? (:

Dancing Paws replied 9 years, 8 months ago 8 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Cherished

August 19, 2014 at 6:44 am

I think it would be better to buy a 2nd hand brand name like Platinum Stages, Xpole or Lil Minx instead of getting a new cheaper brandless pole and if you choose to go 2nd hand before buying check with the company or even here about what details to pay attention to when verifying if the pole is authentic.

• Alyson

August 19, 2014 at 7:50 am

I would stay away from cheap, no name poles. You never know what you’re getting, and that can be really dangerous

• PolarGirl

August 19, 2014 at 8:23 pm

You would be better off training on a pole at the playground for tricks such – and working on strength, flexibility, and floor work/ dance at home – until you have saved enough money for a “real” pole like the ones that have been suggested.

Unbranded poles are not meant to support your body weight and are completely unsafe, even for doing most spins. It would ultimately be a waste of money and carries a high risk of potential injury, which would only put you further behind in terms of advancing your pole skills. Plus, the pole could fall or come apart and damage your ceiling, walls, etc.

Just google “pole dance fails” or something like that, and you can see a huge number of pole videos where someone attempts a spin or inversion on a crappy unstable pole and falls head first, or shatters something in the room, or puts the pole through some drywall. Don’t let that be you!!!!

Good luck saving for your first pole and on your new pole journey!

• Phoenix Hunter

August 19, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Yes, you are better off getting a used pole that is a good brand like lil mynx, platinum stages, or xpole. you just have to really make sure you are actually buying one of these pole, even second hand, people try to sell knock offs. or wait and save up for a new pole. it’s not a snobbery thing, it’s just that it’s too dangerous to get a pole with an unknown reputation. you are trusting your life to this equipment and you wanna make sure it is safe. I thinks its awful that these off brand companies are even allowed to sell items that they know people will be using in this manner. a lot of them do put it in small writing that they are not meant to support body weight. but they don’t always make that very clear. it is misleading and dangerous. if you have an instructor that will look at the used pole before you buy it, that would be even better. sometimes people are selling poles here too.

• Stephanie X Pole

August 20, 2014 at 11:35 am

Hi There! Please stay away from the cheap knock off poles- you will end up wasting your money on a product that is not safe that you cannot grow with.
    You are much better off and safer looking for a second hand X-Pole or brand name.
    If you ever are not sure if you are looking at an authentic X-Pole- Please email info@xpoleus.com with the link so that we can verify.

As well, we do offer the Sport pole- our most basic static pole at $199.99. The X-Pert starts at $299.99. Check out http://www.xpoleus.com for info.

My personal recommendation would be to save up and get the pole of your dreams! Its always worth the wait… 🙂

Thanks!

• Koiotic

August 20, 2014 at 6:05 pm

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005IPK7AU/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1 – Hi – I just started LITERALLY – so take my advice for what its worth -(LOL-not sure if that helps much) – but this is the pole I just purchased – and its great from what I can tell as a beginner – I cant seem to get the link to the company I purchased from – which was Honey-Blue Super Outlet – X DANCE Fitness Pole is what its called – looks like there are a few more options since I purchased this 3 weeks ago – I read all the reviews – there are over 300 reviews and 163 answered questions and almost 5 stars – which on Amazon is almost GOLD – I followed the advice very carefully – the instructions are HILARIOUS!! BUT there is an extremely funny DVD that comes with it that they say to watch then have it on as you put it together – WHICH I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! In addition there is a vid on YouTube that is basically the same product just different name that has even better instructions – Its a little confusing to put together the first time – My husband is an electrician and instantly started trying to put it together w/out watching the video and he was doing it wrong – when I read through people who are having problems its obviously because they did not put it together correctly!!! – Just take your time – don’t try and do it in “15 minutes” – have a beer and take your time – I think for a starter this is totally worth it – for 100.00 I can try it out (i bought w/AMEX so have 90 days if I don’t like it they will refund my $$) – I have been watching tons of vids – and have found just doing the basics has been great so far – I’m very strong – I do triathlons and powerlifting and a boot camp class – and this pole work is kicking my butt!!! Its great! I love it…I figured if I loved it and actually do it for 90 days I will purchase the expensive one….I’m one of those people that if I like something and do it for a month – I usually continue – and so far I’m hooked – I can easily see myself doing this for years to come – I’m 41 and can see myself being one of the 70 y.o. I read about it that are doing this!!! So just my two cents again – I’m one of those people who don’t like to wait – if I would’ve waited I prob never would’ve started – and now that I have it – I know I will upgrade eventually – but thats just me….Good Luck!!

• Phoenix Hunter

August 20, 2014 at 10:02 pm

I wouldn’t trust a pole that came with Hilarious directions that left me unable to assemble my pole and had to search for instructions from another company. this is a big red flag that something is wrong. Xpole’s sport pole starts at 199$ that is only 99$ more than a questionable pole. xpole has pretty clear instructions, written, and videos. they also offer tech support over the phone. Koiotic, be careful with that pole. a well constructed and calibrated pole will usually assemble pretty easily. that being said, sometimes poles do stick because they are metal and have moving parts. you are smart to want to upgrade and I hope you do continue to pole and have lots of fun. And I hope you upgrade to a pole that you LOVE.

• Alyson

August 21, 2014 at 1:48 pm

That pole on Amazon is most definitely a knock off X-Pole. Has the dome and even has an X in the name! As someone who has been poling for years, that is not something I would trust. It also assembles using threaded segments… again, not something I believe to be particularly secure. X-Pole stopped making threaded poles years ago! As they mentioned above, I would just go with the sport pole x-pole. Not much more expensive and you know it’s not going to crush your glass coffee table at some point 😉

• Dancing Paws

August 21, 2014 at 4:52 pm

One of those knockoff x poles recently injured a girl pretty bad when it BROKE! PLEASE, return that pole and get a quality pole. It is not worth risking your life for a little bit of savings.