StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions laser hair removal……down there

• laser hair removal……down there

Posted by spinnylady on June 24, 2012 at 2:31 am

Has anyone has laser hair removal on their bikini line? I’m thinking about it.

I usually have a Brazilian wax. So everything off bar a small strip.

Just wanted to know how much they can laser off. Can they do everywhere like a normal wax or would it be just the outer edges?

spinnylady replied 6 years, 1 month ago 25 Members · 31 Replies
  • 31 Replies
  • spinnylady

June 24, 2012 at 2:31 am

Has anyone has laser hair removal on their bikini line? I’m thinking about it.

I usually have a Brazilian wax. So everything off bar a small strip.

Just wanted to know how much they can laser off. Can they do everywhere like a normal wax or would it be just the outer edges?

• Piaketz

June 24, 2012 at 5:51 am

They can do everywhere down there. Waxing hurts worse…

• SharkyHill

June 24, 2012 at 11:00 pm

I just did my first full Brazilian (aka- The Sphinx, haha!) last month. They gave me numbing cream to use before, so it really didn’t hurt too bad. I think it hurts much less than waxing. I’ve had very little hair regrowth already.

• Cherished

June 24, 2012 at 11:10 pm

I've been lasering the full bikini area (inside outside front to back top to bottom!!) The results have been really good. Also as you do more sessions it hurts less.

• Prncsopowr

June 25, 2012 at 9:07 am

I would definitely ask for a prescription for the numbing cream.  Between that and advil, the pain was very minimal and less than with waxing. 

• Vixendancer

June 25, 2012 at 4:51 pm

I have had electrolysis, laser hair removal and wax. The electrolysis is expensive, time-consuming and painful, but permanent. The wax just hurt too much. Laser is expensive and most of mine grew back. I took 5 treatments all over, and 3/4 of it grew back. They say you have to continue tx. Would not do again, it was also painful. Maybe the tx are better now, that was 6 yrs ago.

• DeniseL

June 25, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I am in the process of having it done, about half way there, I think it works great.  I had my underarms done about six years ago and i have maybe ten hairs or so that grew back.  After finishing your sessions (five to eight depending) you should go back once a year or so to get whatever has grown back.  It hurts really badly thou, I dont use numbing cream I just ask for them to put an ice pack on.  So u ice a section and than they laser it while icing another section.  It is definately a bit weird to have an ice pack shoved between your legs but its better than the burning feeling.  You can ask them to remove however much you like.

Also I know here in Canada with all the online deals available you can get it done super cheap.  Usually 200 bucks for a year of unlimited on an area (u go every six weeks or so)  Compaired to 250 for ONE session its a steal 😀

Good luck!

• bebeduckie

June 25, 2012 at 6:53 pm

i have done about 7 treatments and everything is gone except a few strays.

go somewhere with a PAINLESS laser.  if it's too cheap, chances are it will be the old type that hurt.  electrolysis i believe targets one hair at a time and you can smell the burning.  with the new lasers, it still hurts, but you only feel heat, as oppossed to individual hairs being burnt out.

ive also done underarms and that's all gone too.  it works well. just go somewhere legit.  alma and luminess lasers are great!

• spinnylady

June 26, 2012 at 4:42 am

great thanks girls, im def guna look into having it done. dont mind paying a bit more if it means getting it done properly. it will be worth it in the long run

• spinnylady

June 26, 2012 at 4:42 am

great thanks girls, im def guna look into having it done. dont mind paying a bit more if it means getting it done properly. it will be worth it in the long run

• maurer rose

June 26, 2012 at 5:32 am

I had six treatments for the bikini line and wasn't very pleased with the results. There are a lot of stray hairs, particularly where the hairs were finer. At least everything is finer overall now. Basically I still want to go for waxes regularly. Also, I liked the waxes better than the laser treatments in regard to pain, but neither is very bad.

• debra007

June 27, 2012 at 9:00 am

Most of how well it works depends on your skin and hair color. If you have pale skin and dark hair you are an ideal candidate. It's tougher if you have dark skin or light hair.

I have the pale skin/dark hair coloring and it went great for me. I went for 5 treatments. I get the occasional hair that comes back, but it's 99.9% gone. I used to get bad shaving bumps there so I love it.

As for pain, I didn't use numbing cream (I didn't know you could get numbing cream!) and it hurt but not bad. It's like someone flicked me really quick with a rubber band.

• TrixieLovett

July 27, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I had my "bikini area" lasered almost 6 years ago. I had 5 treatments over almost 1 year and have not ever been back for any follow up becasue I bit the bullet and had electrolosis done down there after the laser series. My hubby asked me in the midst of treatments why I hated my crotch so much. LOL! I kept telling him it's becasue I adore her so much, THAT'S why I did it. I am SO very happy with my results. 

• PersianXcursian

July 27, 2012 at 10:50 pm

I know a couple people who have had it done and love it! I really wanna get it done but i can't afford it 🙁 I'm thinking about getting one of those NoNo devices that crystalizes the hair. has anyone used one of those?

• Maria-Elena Kadala

July 28, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Look on Groupon (or something similar) for specials.

For the price of a year's worth of waxes, I had what I wanted done (including underams).  Modified Brazilian (still have some "styling options"!).  No more razor bumps, no waiting for 1/4" regrowth for wax.  It hurt less than waxing, and decreases each time.

Page 1 of 2