StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions foam roller… you my only friend!

• foam roller… you my only friend!

Posted by Stefana of Light on August 2, 2014 at 9:20 am

Ok that’s not totally true:) but there are days that i wonder how I would get by without the relief i find in this thing! Especially for those darn hip flexor, oh and the tennis ball is runner up. Can’t count the time I’ve been rolling and thinking “wow this is just magical” 🙂 I’m assuming in def not alone in this but thought I’d share since it’s such a common thought… oh the joy of body love.

Lucca Valentine replied 9 years, 4 months ago 17 Members · 53 Replies
  • 53 Replies
  • Rachel Osborne

August 2, 2014 at 10:04 am

I am simultaneously repelled and interested by all the little crunching noises when I roll about; sounds like I’m sitting on a bag of cereal.

• Lydia Addams

August 3, 2014 at 8:53 am

The tennis ball and I have a not so secret love affair. 😻

• Lucca Valentine

August 3, 2014 at 11:06 am

Oh, ladies if you haven’t tried it I strongly suggest the golf ball for especially stubborn areas….mmmmm golfball…..

• Veena

Administrator
    August 3, 2014 at 11:10 am

On our travels I brought 2 rollers. 5 tennis balls and there’s a golf ball too! Lol must have! ✨

• Stefana of Light

August 3, 2014 at 11:48 am

Yes all sizes and textures of balls are great:~) frozen is lovely too! I keep telling my husband we need some sort of track on the wall with textured balls that can be height adjusted, experienced that at PT office one day. Glorious!

• Lydia Addams

August 3, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Never tried a golf ball. I may have to invest in one!

• Rachel Osborne

August 3, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Omg golf ball in glutes is fierce! Husband found me 3pm cross- eyed with three year old rolling on my chest almost crying with that golf ball under there.

Me: get him off me! I have a golf ball under my ass and I SO don’t need an extra 36lb on me right now!

Husband: is this a pole thing or should I be in any way concerned?

• Lucca Valentine

August 3, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Hahahaha omg tropicalpole that is amazing! You gotta be careful with those things sometimes too…I got a little out of control with (I think it was a lacrosse ball?? Maybe a golf ball?) to the hip and while it felt awesome at the time I must have impinged a nerve cuz the left half of my….ahem…lady bits….was numb for a week….it was horrifying!! There was a definitely a moment of “what if the feeling never comes back…?”

Pudendal nerve impingement….not recommended!

• Rachel Osborne

August 3, 2014 at 9:25 pm

:-0

• Lucca Valentine

August 3, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Shoog you just sent some thoughts spinning involving Velcro…

• Rachel Osborne

August 3, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Do tell…

• Lucca Valentine

August 3, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Something like this but with balls? Velcro is pretty cheap/accessible….hang a sheet of the sticky side of the Velcro on the wall and wrap a strip of the soft side on the ball (or the around the whole ball!) attach ball to wall at desired height. Boom! Could roll the ball around too if you wanted or set dividers on places you’d want the ball to stay…kinda like how you’d do floating shelves? Or maybe have something attached the ball to stop it from rolling, like a straight edge? One set of rolling balls and one set of stationary balls? Wheels are still turning… >_

• Rachel Osborne

August 3, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Aha! Crafty!

• I polekat I

August 5, 2014 at 9:01 am

oooh lucca i had something like that!! i was rolling my lower back and must have gone a little too low at a weird angle or something – i had a really scary nerve twinge in my hip area/down my thigh , scared the crap out of me cos i thought i had done some serious damage!!!
    but i love my foam roller!!! it really IS my best friend too, its never too tired to give me a massage =) feel like i need to get a few more sizes to do my forearms and neck too, i want a whole family of rollers! and looks like i need to get me some ball action too!!! =P

• Stefana of Light

August 5, 2014 at 11:18 am

Hey that’s a good idea Lucca! I think i need a much taller roller…. so i can lay on it vertically!!!! Love the relationship we have with our tools: )

Page 1 of 4