• Posted by PolePixie40 on September 13, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Hi! I work at a sports centre and I share a studio with a karate instructor and since I came in second I have all the left over studio times which are limited, especially since I also have a full time job. With that being said business is picking up (which is amazing and I’m grateful) however, since my time is limited I have been having to combine levels. My question is how do I teach effectively with mixed levels? I want to ensure that all students get their ‘time’ without feeling like, ‘I already learned this!’ Help!

PolePixie40 replied 9 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • darcit

September 14, 2014 at 7:55 am

When I teach mixed level classes I try to have a different variation of the same move for everyone to be working on. For example, if we’re going to work on inverting, the very beginners would be laying on the floor working on arm and leg positioning, slightly more advanced would be working on standing tucks to build strength, more advanced than that would be working on basic invert, then chopper, then swirling the legs up into chopper, or spinning invert or aerial invert. That way everyone is working on the “same” thing without having to do exactly the same moves.

• PolePixie40

September 14, 2014 at 8:17 am

Thanks Darcit! Great recommendation. I appreciate the response. I will try that.