StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Your Holy Grail Beauty Products?

• Your Holy Grail Beauty Products?

Posted by Meleania on February 26, 2012 at 12:47 am

The search for Holy Grail beauty products is a never ending quest for most women so I thought we could help each other and share our finds.

Makeupalley.com is my first and foremost HG beauty product…kinda lol I dont buy anything without first reading all the reviews.

number 2 is the Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel from saluxshop.com, this exfoliates so well and is still gentle enough for daily use.

number 3 is Vaseline Total Moisture lotion, the orange/yellowish bottle. It is pole safe! I can put some on my legs literally seconds before pole dancing and it is not greasy, it gives perfect grip!

I haven't actually tried this yet, but you can buy mica in bulk from TKBtrading.com and add it to all of your lotions, so EVERYTHING can be shimmery! yay!

turnandburn44 replied 11 years, 7 months ago 32 Members · 60 Replies
  • 60 Replies
  • Cherished

February 26, 2012 at 12:53 am

I love makeupalley also. 

One of my favourite make up products is urban decay's eyeshadow primer potion original formula. I love it because I can do my eyeshadow in the morning and it lasts all day.

• SexyRockStarsWifeNowWidow

February 26, 2012 at 5:03 am

I love Proclaim Olive Glossing Shampoo and matching conditioner for hair. It leaves mine so soft and smooth. For regular makeup I really like Palladio powder finish foundation, it gives great coverage. I also recomend the Lancome eyeshadow primer pot before you apply your eyeshadow and eyeliner. And I love the Voluminous million lashes mascara and the Falsies mascara. Both give you a great amount of eyelashes.

For facial cleansing I use the Burt's Bee's Sensitive facial cleanser with cotton extract, then follow it with the Radiance line for moisturizer. Plus on lazy days I use the Yes to Blueberries facial cleansing cloths.

• pegasusaerialfitness

February 27, 2012 at 8:24 am

For us mature gals…TNS recovery serum (two chamber) by skin medica. It's expsensive. It's worth it. "Doir" show mascara. "La Prairie" powder finish foundation. "Fania" white oak cleanser.

• Lana Lee

February 27, 2012 at 8:40 am

I LOVE makeupalley.  I'm such a product junkie and it can be super hard on my wallet, so I always go onto makeupalley to do research before I buy products.

I highly reccomend the Clarisonic cleaning tool.  I bought the Clarisonic Mia which was roughly $200 CAD for me.  It was the best investment I've ever made for my skin.  My skin is super oily and acne prone and since I've gotten the Mia, my skin has improved a lot.  Clarisonic is created by the makers of Sonicare toothbrush (which I also happen to own) and it works pretty much the same way that electric toothbrush works.  I cannot go 1 night without using it because if I don't use it, my face just doesn't feel as clean.   I also read that it's great as an antiaging tool.  Here's a link to learn more!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P285159&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5830

• pegasusaerialfitness

February 27, 2012 at 8:47 am

I do love the clarisonic. Worth every penny.

• polergirl

February 27, 2012 at 8:57 am

–Buxom mascara, available at Sephora. Looks like I'm wearing false eyelashes–and I don't have lush full lashes to begin with.

–Also the low-level peels available from makeupartistschoice.com — they're miracle workers. I use the lactic acid peel weekly and my skin has never looked better or been so smooth and soft.

–Tarte lip stain. In a word: awesome

• horsecrazy12987

February 27, 2012 at 9:01 am

I'm another Makeupalley fan. Love, love, love that site. I'm also a product junkie, so I too spend a lot of time on there to give my wallet a break. And Meleania, that Salux cloth is fabulous.

I have several fave beauty products but don't have time to list them all since I've got to head off to work in a few minutes. However, I will say that I love African Black Soap as a face wash. No chemicals, it cleans beautifully without drying out my skin, and it hates zits. Can't go wrong with that.

Also, I've heard such great things about the Clarisonic that I really kind of want one, but it's so expensive. I've been reading a lot of reviews on it lately to try and decide if it's worth it.

• donnalee

February 27, 2012 at 1:10 pm

I am constantly trying different mascaras. Mascara may be the greatest invention of all time. I will try, Buxom, mentioned by polegirl. In mascaras, I have found anything by Lancome works. Lancome, we all know is usually more expensive than many others. I have also found at my nearby CVS pharmacy….."the Falsies by Maybellne." It's also great. 

• Lana Lee

February 27, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Horsecrazy – The Clarisonic Mia is slightly cheaper than the original Mia, it's much smaller but has a really cool feature – you can take it into the shower with you.  The original is not a shower buddy.  I don't have to charge it until after 2 weeks of use.  And I use it EVERY DAY.  It's very portable and you can take it with you if you travel lots.  It's the best investment I've bought for clearer cleaner skin.  You won't be sorry for paying a pretty penny for it!

• horsecrazy12987

February 27, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Yeah, the Mia is the one I've been eyeing, mostly just because it's cheaper and seems to be (from what I've read) just as good as the original Clarisonic. I keep hemming and hawing over it because I'm cheap, but I love my electric toothbrush and I would never, ever go back to a normal one, and I know this works on basically the same principle.

For you Clarisonic users, what are some specific benefits you've noticed?

• Meleania

March 4, 2012 at 11:15 am

I have the Mia and the main benefit ive noticed is that it actually makes me want to stick to a routine of washing my face every morning and night lol

• daisyheadmayzie

March 4, 2012 at 7:57 pm

HD Invisible Foundation by Makeup Forever. Life changing – nuff said.

• minicoopergrl

March 5, 2012 at 6:05 am

The Urban Decay Eye shadow primer – that is the shiz!!!  I use it on my eyebrows before I pencil them in to give them a long lasting effect.  I use the Anastasia Eyebrow pencil, its $21 but it lasted for almost a year (would of lasted longer if I didnt wash it).   I love my Smashbox mascara, I got it at a steal for $10 at Ulta (LOVE that place, next to Sephora).  The past few years ive really been investing in better quality make up.  I sold Mary kay for a few years and was ready to try new brands. 

For performance I got a sample set from a company that specializes in Cheer and Dance makeup called BA Star.  I set in for a sample based on my colors of my costume and I love them!  I got a glitter eye pallete, 2 jars of glitter (based on my color choices) and the glue for the glitter.  They even sell glitter mascara!!!

• ORGANIC ANGEL

March 5, 2012 at 10:59 am

This might sound cliche, but sleep! I am in bed between 8-9 every night!(but I am also up all night nursing lol.

• daisyheadmayzie

March 5, 2012 at 11:35 am

Oooohhh Minicoopergrl – thanks for the tip on the UD potion – I never thought of using that for my eyebrows too!!!  I also use the Anastasia Brow stuff – but mine isn't a pencil, it's more like a felt tip pen.  I bought the pen because of the very fine point.  I'm not a good artist, so with a pencil I end up looking like Groucho Marx https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Page 1 of 4