StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Who wants to do a 30 day fit calendar for Oct?

• Who wants to do a 30 day fit calendar for Oct?

Posted by Poledancefan on September 20, 2014 at 12:52 pm

October is coming. It’s the 20th of September and I am enjoying the misery of day 20 of the abs calendar. If you google “30 day Fitness Calendars: IMAGES” a gazillion of these things come up. Is anybody thinking of doing one for October? We could go along together, maybe. Does anybody else do these things?

Veena replied 9 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • PoleWings

September 20, 2014 at 3:28 pm

I’d do one with one!!

• Bethany F

September 20, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Hey guys! I talked at the Pole Expo specifically about the 30 day abb challenge popular on Facebook there for a while and my thoughts on its effectiveness in training for goals of strength increase, definition, and pole performance.

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=L8wEaNL6T1A

• Veena

Administrator
    September 21, 2014 at 8:43 pm

I’m not a big fan of most of the challenges posted, many are not effective. However, they can be a great incentive for people to work on something together and get out and take time each day to workout. So for that reason they can be helpful!!

I think the best options for those type of challenges are the yoga or things of that nature when you are trying a new pose each day. Have you done a yoga one yet Joel?

• Bethany F

September 21, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Agreed Veena! They really aren’t affective for the goals that they advertise, and not great training for pole.

• Poledancefan

September 23, 2014 at 9:00 am

Yes, I wonder about the logic of the sequences. The ab challenge I found goes up in weird increments. But like Veena says, the “structure” and the motivation are good for me since I have a hard time getting motivated unless there is some plan in front of me and I feel like am shirking a commitment if I don’t do it. GUilt takes over, ha ha! I just saw Veena’s challenge for abs. I don’t want to do two ab months in a row. But I will come back to hers in a few months. I am thinking arms and shoulders next. I still wear my fit bit and seek at least 10k steps and 50 flights every day. I almost always make that unless I am at an event where I can’t do random walking all day…

Poledancefan is Joel Lessing
    Forest Park, Illinois

• Poledancefan

September 23, 2014 at 9:03 am

Oh, a Yoga one? I need to check that out. I stopped going to yoga now that Laurie is in night school. It seems that without her to kick my butt to go, I don’t get motivated. But I find the meditation aspect to be really helpful because I have so much stress and obsessive thinking in my life right now. I’ll look into a challenge….but for yoga, I like having the guided teacher aspect…

Forest Park, Illinois

• dmorningstar7195

September 26, 2014 at 7:55 am

I would do one for October b/c I’m trying to at least do 15 min of pole a day besides any classes as I can fit in. I’m having a hard time fitting in classes b/c of my job.

• I polekat I

September 27, 2014 at 1:39 pm

some of the guys on here are doing Veena’s ab challenge at the moment on a different thread; i missed starting it so i am going to start it oct 1. im also going to try do the plank challenge as well…
    aaaand saw a really cool yoga flexibility one i might try too!!
    http://kinoyoga.tumblr.com/post/98137235854/announcing-the-october-yoga-challenge

• dmorningstar7195

September 28, 2014 at 3:45 am

I’m also doing the squat challene

• Poledancefan

September 28, 2014 at 1:16 pm

I love Kino. Can’t do much of her stuff. But I love her. It’s the voice. And that incredible muscle tone!

• I polekat I

September 28, 2014 at 3:04 pm

She is amazing isn’t she?!!

• Veena

Administrator
    September 28, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Here’s a yoga challenge for oct!