• Waxing

Posted by Lucca Valentine on September 30, 2014 at 11:56 am

Hi guys! So I want to get a wax at least for my bikini line for competition, and I kind of want to wax my legs too….I would have to do all of this a couple days before the competition. Do any of you ladies wax your legs? Do you find it affects your pole grip or not so much?

RoMo replied 9 years, 5 months ago 8 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Tigerschic041721

September 30, 2014 at 12:25 pm

I used to wax my legs but it was way too annoying to keep up with since growth is necessary. You might want to test it out first if you have time a couple months before since I remember my skin feeling much different afterwards for about a week. Different salons have different standards but depending on the type of wax used and/or any products they have to put on afterwards your grip may be affected in that time.

• TropicalVertical

September 30, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Hmmm, if you’ve not waxed before I personally wouldn’t risk it just before a comp. You can get irritated goosebumps and red over sensitive skin and I’d be very worried about grip as well as aesthetics – have you got enough time to do a test? Not saying you’d have problems but if you did it could be a bit nightmarish.

• Lucca Valentine

September 30, 2014 at 1:25 pm

I’ve waxed my bikini line and brows and it went perfectly. I love the aesthetician who does it, she’s awesome.. But like Tigerschic, I just found it too annoying to keep up. So maybe I’ll just skip the legs and do what I know doesn’t get irritated

• TropicalVertical

September 30, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Sounds like you’ll be fine.
    🙂

• I polekat I

September 30, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Yeah i guess you would find your skin much more sensitive afterwards which could mean pole is extra painful too. .. It doesn’t need any help haha! =P xox

• Lucca Valentine

September 30, 2014 at 9:26 pm

i didnt even think about that O_O good point!

• tacha666

October 1, 2014 at 7:29 am

Never change a running system… especially not befor a competition!

• 2hot4sa7772910

October 17, 2014 at 11:26 pm

Hi All, can any of you kind ladies advise or assist with info about male bikini waxing…i prefer to be smoothe and clean both in front and behind, it just makes me feel so much more sensual and cool when i feel like slipping into my g-string or c-string that i’ve been gifted with. I’m not gay or anything, was just introduced to this intimate wear by a previous partner.

• Runemist34

October 18, 2014 at 1:39 pm

I can’t imagine waxing that area for men would be very much different than it is for women. Mainly, I would suggest finding a professional that is comfortable working with men. I’m sure you could call around to a few spas or aestheticians in your area and ask if they would be willing.
    I mean, drag queens must figure out how to get waxed, or how to wax themselves, so why not straight men as well?

• Runemist34

October 18, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Oh, I should point this out though: A common misconception around waxing is that it results in an “always smooth” waxed area, and it does not. In order for you to wax again, the hair MUST grow out a significant amount, much more than you would grow it out before shaving. Eventually, the hope is that the hair would grow less, and I know that it can become sort of “patchy” and thin after waxing several times, making it easier to deal with and less to wax, but… that takes a while!
    Personally, I prefer shaving as it hurts less, and I have more control over what I use and how my skin feels.

• RoMo

October 21, 2014 at 12:12 pm

I’ve been waxing my bikini line for ages and it’s made the hair so much finer and lighter, that I find it’s worth it. Also, after years of doing it, the pain has become very mild. I used to go to a professional but a few years ago I started doing it myself with microwavable wax. I find it really convenient, but it does take a few times to get the technique down, so I would go to a pro for the first few times. At home I don’t heat the wax up as hot as my cosmetician used to heat it, but I prefer it this way.
    If I have the patience to do my legs, I wax ’em, but most of the time I’ll just attack ’em with an Epilady or some equivalent. Similar to waxing without the mess of the wax. A bit more painful, but faster and cleaner, so it’s a trade off….

As for needing hair to be of a certain length for waxing/tweezing, yes, it needs to be about 4-5mm for it to be effective. But, waxing does cause new growth to be thinner than shaving (shaving cuts the hair at the thickest part, while waxing pulls it out from the root. New growth comes in tapered thinner.). I don’t let myself be bothered by a few mm of growth and no one’s ever said anything to me in a class. I decide not to be bothered by it.

All of that said – I agree with tacha666 — never change a running system before a big event / competition! Experiment when you know you have the week to live with possible unwanted side effects/results.