StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Time for change!

• Time for change!

Posted by Stefana of Light on September 5, 2014 at 11:57 am

Hello 💭 Thought I’d stop in to say hello, things are changing in my world of pole. I’ve been having foot pain, hip pain and rib pain for the last year on and off. Of course I never was able to stay away from my pole for more than a week. 2 at the most , I think it’s time for a long break. The pain in my feet is most likely from wearing heels without properly conditioning and stretching my feet , total bummer. Not to mention I just ordered a pair of 8 inch purple beauties , come to find out 3 weeks later they are out of stock. So I decided to get some footwear that might ease the pain instead of contribute to it, foot undeez. So I’m breaking up with my heel collection for now. Hopefully after my feet are healed I can slowly work back into heels!! Then there’s the hip. I remember the night I hurt it I didn’t even know. I was the furthest into my splits ever, that night my husband said I literally was dancing in my sleep!!:) Then the next am proved to me those yoga blocks helped me a little too much, plus my stretching routine back then was way wonky. THANK YOU VEENA for everything you do!! The rib pain has gone away now that I’m inverting properly, and breathing!! However I can aggravate my ribs very easily since the first dislocation a year ago. So there’s a piece of my current pie;) I’ll be experimenting with chair/wall dance, floor work, more organic movement without the pole, and really just whatever feels good. Thanks for sharing my journey lovely Veeners!!💜 I found a chiropractor that has made me feel so amazing I’m able to step away without feeling sad, for the first time!! Nothing good comes without patience, this I proved to myself. Hoping to grow through this and learn variety and limitations!!

Stefana of Light replied 9 years, 7 months ago 7 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Dolce Vita

September 5, 2014 at 12:02 pm

I am sad to hear you’ll be away from pole for a while. As you know, I can certainly relate. Although, I am very happy to hear that you’re taking your health seriously. I know that you’ll still dance and you’ll still be AMAZING at it.
    I know it’ll be a LONG LONG time before I am able to wear heels again. I’m really going to have to build my muscles back up to support my weight again. It’s nice that we have each other for support and guidance.
    I hope you find all that you are looking for and that you find your happiness in your dance again.
    With much Love,
    Milla

• Veena

Administrator
    September 5, 2014 at 1:04 pm

I rarely wear heels, I hardly EVER even wear them out because of how hard they can be on your feet and back! You don’t have to feel like your not welcome here at all. We love to see chair, floor and any kind of movement related vids here, so feel free to share! Taking time off will be a good thing. xoxo

• TropicalVertical

September 5, 2014 at 7:28 pm

Shoog! Sorry to hear you’re on a pole break. Heal well and safely.
    On the upside can’t WAIT to see your chair/wall/floor flow. I reckon this time out will take you up yet another gear from fantastically talented to mind bendingly original and amazing as a dancer.

• Stefana of Light

September 6, 2014 at 8:22 am

Thanks for the lovely words ladies! I’m taking my pole down today, the truth is I can’t stay away from it, it’s too beautiful and just calls my name;) even a single pole walk is too much, the pain of getting up on the ball of my foot, I’ve been trying to dance around the pole without touching it and that has proven to be fun and frustrating because it seems I push my body without realizing it. I must obey my body and chiropractor;) I have bad (curved spine) posture, it’s causing problems so that’s my focus!! thanks again for the encouragement to continue on my pole free journey beauties!! I’ve had 3 weeks off already, longest break from pole yet for me. I will continue to be on the site, loving the new flowmotion lessons! And I’ll be diving into the 30 day challenge again , that program alone has really opened my eyes. Anyone have fun cardio workouts that they recommend? I heard PIYO is fun. I think I’ll give it a try, maybe some more yoga classes or a belly dance class ??? Just thinking out loud. Have a beautiful day !!

• AllysonKendal

September 6, 2014 at 9:19 am

Sounds like your headed in the right direction. I admire you for being dedicated to healing.

I just wanted to say good luck and I can’t wait to see more from you… Whether it be hooping or chair or whatever. Your spirit and flow always shines through in all your videos, pole or no pole.

• Aquarian Air

September 6, 2014 at 10:19 am

Oh girl belly dancing is so fun!!!! I downloaded this belly dancing app that I play with every now then. It saddens me to hear you are taking down your precious but Im excited to hear about your new journey and where it takes you!!

• Runemist34

September 6, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Hey there!
    Sorry to hear that you’re stuck and in pain. That really sucks and I know how it feels!
    However, this is a time when you can get creative and keep yourself moving, maybe even bring your new experiences back to pole when you’re feeling better.
    On that note, I know that a friend of mine with twisty spine (scoliosis) found Tai Chi to be extremely good for her! It encourages good posture and controlled movement without being difficult on the body, and without impact of any kind.
    Belly dancing is a lot of fun, too! If you get into the more advanced stuff, I found it can really increase your body awareness. Just don’t go up on those toes too much!
    Have you gotten into Yoga? It would also help, and there’s a lot of strength component in it as well, though sometimes it doesn’t feel like it.

I hope that you feel better very soon!

• Stefana of Light

September 17, 2014 at 8:36 am

runemist34- thanks for the lovely advice! I’ve been thinking about doing tai chi for the last year, I think I’ll give it a go, even the husband had expressed interest. Also I started yoga about a year ago and it is great! I have done a few different types but I enjoy the chill sessions the most. Mostly now I’m finding I can go to my mat turn on some music and my body will tell me if I should sway, do hip circles, isolated movements etc. I’m really letting my vessel guide me this time around healing, I want to pole for many years, this is no temporary pole love;) hope you are healing nicely as well and thanks again!