Things to know BEFORE you buy a pole!!!

Veena
Looking to buy a pole? Here are some home poles to avoid.

Peek a boo
Carmen Electra
Flirty Girl Fitness
These are "toy" poles and are not meant for real pole dance or heavy use!

Here are some great quality home poles!

X pole
Platinum Stages
Lil Mynx

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS ARTICLE.
[www.studioveena.com] onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jul 17, 2009 from Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Foxy_Rei
Me likey.
I did a video comparing my old Electra Pole to my X-Pole and had it on YouTube. I removed it from YouTube and my computer died before I had a chance to re-upload it here I'll double check and see if it got transferred to the external with my other files, but I'm not sure if it did... I'll put it up if I still have it.
Jul 17, 2009 from United States
Veena
Me likey. Feel free to go ahead a put your video in here to o!!
MinaMarie
Do you deliver to Norway? The only thing they have in the shops here are the peek-a-boo ones, and I'm having trouble finding anyone that ships to Norway without it costing five times more than the pole itself :S
Jul 17, 2009 from Norway
Veena
Do you deliver to Norway? The only thing they have in the shops here are the peek-a-boo ones, and I'm having trouble finding anyone that ships to Norway without it costing five times more than the pole itself :S
Sorry we sell to the US and Canada only.
Geegee
Veena, I have a credit at a local adult store and they carry lil mynx. Which one do you recommend? They have several models.

p.s thank you for your time to help us newbies out =)
Jul 18, 2009 from United States
Veena
Veena, I have a credit at a local adult store and they carry lil mynx. Which one do you recommend? They have several models.

p.s thank you for your time to help us newbies out =)
Iil mynx is the only one of the 3 I have not used...so I really don't know much about them
Jul 18, 2009 from Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
FridaSiren

hi minimarie!
it would be ridiculous to have an x-pole shipped from the u.s., besides the huge shipping cost you´d probably also have to pay import tax which is usually high.
try these european sites : [www.verticalfitness.co.uk] or [www.x-pole.co.uk]
they´ll ship to anywhere in europe. and the shipping costs are reasonable. and you can be sure they´re authentic x-poles. oh and the vertical dance site offers a free week of online lessons as a bonus...
or maybe they can even inform you if there are any x-pole representatives in norway.
good luck!
frida
Jul 20, 2009 from Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal
cksterie

hi minimarie!
it would be ridiculous to have an x-pole shipped from the u.s., besides the huge shipping cost you´d probably also have to pay import tax which is usually high.
try these european sites : [www.verticalfitness.co.uk] onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or [www.x-pole.co.uk] onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
they´ll ship to anywhere in europe. and the shipping costs are reasonable. and you can be sure they´re authentic x-poles. oh and the vertical dance site offers a free week of online lessons as a bonus...
or maybe they can even inform you if there are any x-pole representatives in norway.
good luck!
frida

Great to know!
was trying to find a good pole in France coz I am gonna move to France this month for good.
If i will stay in the UK, then I could well save up the shipping, lol
Aug 3, 2009
Chelc
I bought a pole from pole aerobics...is this a decent pole?
Aug 4, 2009 from United States
Veena
From what I have seen of it...the quality is that of an electra, peek a boo and my little sexy poles. So be careful while using it.
Aug 4, 2009 from Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
PennyGirl
"my sexy little pole" Is not a great pole either. It is really flexy and ruins the ceiling where you mount it. It says it can handle up to 200 pounds when bolted in, but I would NOT try that. I paid 180 ish for it and after two weeks, I went and got a lil mynx rotator. I'm a beginner and after a couple of weeks I found this pole to be really unstable and wobbly. Um just wanted to add my little penny to the conversation.. I wish I had read this FIRST before I shelled out almost 200 bucks for a really crap pole and I should have just go the 300 dollar mynx. With that money I could've afforded a really nice X-Pole. Live and learn penny!
Aug 4, 2009 from Tennessee, United States
stardust
Hi,

I've a choice to buy between X-Pole and Lil Mynx, so I'm not sure which one to get.
Any advice in terms of price, usage and assemble?
(I've read a lot on how to assemble & disassemble X-Pole, but I don't find much about this on Lil Mynx?)

Tks
Aug 4, 2009 from Taipei, Taiwan
xpole or platinum stages? anybody do any comparisons? I'm this close to purchasing an xpole but noticed platinum stages on the "good" list. I'm looking to get a removable w/a spinning option. Already have lil' mynx but don't want to drill anymore holes.
Aug 4, 2009
PoleDanceABCs
xpole or platinum stages? anybody do any comparisons?There are several poles that are good, X-Pole isn't the only one! Sorry, I own a PS Multi-Piece Super Pole so I'm always defending it... everyone owns an X-Pole here.

Platinum Stages has removable and permanent poles. Their removable ones are stainless steel so they are not as grippy at first and cost a little more than the X-Pole. I like my pole but you'll be happy with either the X or the PS.
Aug 4, 2009
Thanks for the feedback. much appreciated! I think I may go with the xpole because my ceilings aren't quite 8'.

xpole or platinum stages? anybody do any comparisons?There are several poles that are good, X-Pole isn't the only one! Sorry, I own a PS Multi-Piece Super Pole so I'm always defending it... everyone owns an X-Pole here.

Platinum Stages has removable and permanent poles. Their removable ones are stainless steel so they are not as grippy at first and cost a little more than the X-Pole. I like my pole but you'll be happy with either the X or the PS.
Aug 4, 2009
SissyBuns

I had that pole and it was a piece of crap. I tried one spin on it and took it down. Waste of money.
Aug 4, 2009 from www.houseofpole.net, United States
LustyMeow
Is the Topco Dancer Pole similar to the Carmen Electra and Peek-a-boo pole, meaning being one to avoid?
Aug 13, 2009 from Clairton, Pennsylvania, United States
Castleoutsider
From what I saw the Pole Aerobics pole is the exact pole of Carmen's but just of course diff packaging =\

what I read about the Topco Dancer .. it seems also like a PA/Carmen pole.. it says
"Rubber non-slip pads protect floor and ceiling.
Installation instructions included, can be used with or without screws."
so yea..

We use lil minx in the studio =D and ive used it at my friends house when she got hers =) they're also good poles, but it just depends on your preference really. because lil minx you have to have a semi permanent mounting to it =\

From what I hear Platinum Stages are good too. Kinda like the equivilant of the Xpole. Alena from Pole Junkies recommends these poles. *shrug*

my thing is tho.. from personal experience dont look at the cheaper ones first. i know itd be GREAT to save money n all .. but to be honest.. all the money i wasted on pieces of crap i coulda just got what i wanted in the first place =)
Aug 13, 2009 from Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
Angeee
After much researching I am going to get a Platinum pole. I had one of the cheaper poles and they are not safe at all. I actually fell off the pole because it started shifting while I was on it. There is nothing like being afraid of your pole:( I took the cheapie pole down. I cant want to be able to participate in the all pole forums here but I don't have a pole just yet but I will very soon.

Angeee
Sep 3, 2009 from Columbus, Ohio, United States
amberpoledancer
hey there for those looking for pole in uk/europe try [www.pleasurepoles.co.uk] that or x pole. X pole is good but it is a lot of messing about putting the thing up and taking it down. Iv had a pleasure pole for years,they are lesser known but are starting to become very popular in the uk now. Very good quality you can choose from semi removable.fully removable,spinning,travel or stage (like the x pole) also 10 times easier to put up and get down again if you need to. Mine was £150 pounds
Sep 8, 2009 from Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
pixiedustbelly
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to put my two cents in about Lil Mynx poles. I've never tried an X-pole, but I have a Lil Mynx Rotator pole and love it. The mount takes one screw into the ceiling and is disguised as a plant hook. Besides screwing some rubber feet on when you get it, there is no assembly. It had a section of the pole at the top that adjusts to make the pole longer or shorter but you don't need a ladder at all once the mount is installed. The best thing is that it is quickly and easily removable. To put it up, you just put the pole over the ceiling mount and then lift up while popping the pole in place. To remove it, again lift up while popping the pole out of place. Soooooo easy!

If you get a Lil Mynx, I suggest the Rotator since it has static and spinning mode on it. They usually fit ceilings that are 8-10 feet. If you have a shorter ceiling, they will cut it down for you at no additional charge and you'll still have 2 feet of adjustment area. For example, my friend has one that they cut down to 7.5 ft and it will still go up to 9.5 ft if needed.

Hope this helps those looking for easy, reliable option!
Sep 9, 2009 from Dayton, Ohio, United States
hotma
It seems like x-pole is the favorite. i have to ask some ridiculously ignorant questions now. i'm guessing spinny and static are just what they sound like,.. why would you ever use static? you'd never lock it in place if you were doing a routine would you? just curious,.. and yes,.. i am serious- i really don't know
Oct 1, 2009 from Opelika, Alabama, United States
Veena
It seems like x-pole is the favorite. i have to ask some ridiculously ignorant questions now. i'm guessing spinny and static are just what they sound like,.. why would you ever use static? you'd never lock it in place if you were doing a routine would you? just curious,.. and yes,.. i am serious- i really don't know
Static mode....the pole does not move...you use momentum you create to do spins and tricks. I teach all pole tricks on static first, so all of the lessons on the site are taught on static. I prefer static....here is a dance on static. The pole is not moving, its me going around the pole.

[www.studioveena.com]

Spin mode.....The pole its self spins, this requires a different technique than static. Here is a dance on spin mode... spin mode requires control over your movements or you'll fly off!!!

[www.studioveena.com]
Oct 1, 2009 from Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
hotma
omg. how on EARTH do you get yourself to spin around like that if the pole doesn't move? doesn't it burn/stick? i know momentum must help a little but mah gawd! or if you get sweaty do you slip?
Oct 1, 2009 from Opelika, Alabama, United States
Veena
LOL I teach you how to use your momentum in the lessons. hehe
Oct 1, 2009 from Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
goforit
My question is that i have a 10 foot ceiling and want to be able to "dance" on the pole as much as possible. With the Lil Mynx I can only "dance" on 8 feet and the top 2 feet of the pole cant be used b/c it's unstable. With the X Pole can I dance on all 10 feet of my pole if I put the extenders on the bottom? I know someone ready to buy my used Lil Mynx pole if I get an X Pole..but I want to know this first... I dont want to waist money.
Oct 22, 2009
byrdgrrl
I also have 10' ceilings and an X-Pole. I needed to buy an extra, longer extender to make the pole fit, but the whole thing is rock solid all the way through. I have no trouble with the pole. The floor, however, looks a lot different at 9 1/2 feet off the ground.
Oct 22, 2009 from Vermillion Cliffs, Arizona, United States
Veena
My question is that i have a 10 foot ceiling and want to be able to "dance" on the pole as much as possible. With the Lil Mynx I can only "dance" on 8 feet and the top 2 feet of the pole cant be used b/c it's unstable. With the X Pole can I dance on all 10 feet of my pole if I put the extenders on the bottom? I know someone ready to buy my used Lil Mynx pole if I get an X Pole..but I want to know this first... I dont want to waist money.
My 50mm X pole is 12ft!! and I dance all the way up to the very top and its totally solid.
Oct 22, 2009 from Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
goforit
okay.. that's great. thanks !!!
Oct 23, 2009
OhDarwin
Thank you so, so much for this post. I almost made the mistake of getting a Carmen pole.
Oct 23, 2009 from Canada
What does mm mean? Does it mean Milimeters ? So what kind of pole should I buy for my room? It's about 7'1"
Oct 24, 2009
tialee
I can't wait till I get the x pole.Have to wait 3 more months Right now I have the carmen electra one. The only place I use it is in my basement cause since the ceiling is short I wedged it in there and that baby is not going anywhere! It works for me in the basement but horrible anywhere else.
Oct 24, 2009 from Jackson, Wisconsin, United States
SaschaPoles
oh tia!!! please be careful!!! id hate to see you get hurt, but from the sounds of it that pole is pretty stable the way you have it set

ysl- mm means millimeters. when they say a 50mm pole, it's about 2inches grip for example...
Oct 25, 2009 from United States
MissJenn070504
i bought the peek a boo hot pink pole to start on. and i can't climb it. xmas needs to come so i can buy a good one
Nov 6, 2009 from Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, United States
mishamishamisha
hey everyone! I am FINALLY getting a pole and have decided to go with the 50mm x-pole. Should I get it in chrome or titanium. I want to get the right material and they're only like, 50$ apart so I'd rather spend the extra bit and get the better one.

what do you guys think?
Dec 1, 2009 from Northern Ontario, Canada
poletrickster
Flirty Girl pole is one screw into the ceiling disguised as a plant hook and rubber non slip pad at the bottom, the pole is aluminum. I have had big time ceiling damage from it shifting and digging 2-3inches up inside my ceiling I cannot even see the "plant hook" anymore its so far up there which the good thing is its not going to fall down the bad thing is the ceiling damage to our apartment. it twists but does not come loose so for now I am using it until we move in 2 weeks and I get my XPOLE.
Dec 1, 2009 from United States
Veena
hey everyone! I am FINALLY getting a pole and have decided to go with the 50mm x-pole. Should I get it in chrome or titanium. I want to get the right material and they're only like, 50$ apart so I'd rather spend the extra bit and get the better one.

what do you guys think?
I like Chrome, because the Titanium gold has more grip and I LOVE to do spins on static mode, so a really grippy pole isn't as good for that. After you warm up your body and the pole Chrome is great, I like the silver color better too. LOL
Dec 1, 2009 from Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
mishamishamisha

I like Chrome, because the Titanium gold has more grip and I LOVE to do spins on static mode, so a really grippy pole isn't as good for that. After you warm up your body and the pole Chrome is great, I like the silver color better too. LOL

we have brass at the studio that I dance at. Is the chrome one going to be more grippy than that? Because I find that I'm constantly putting Mighty Grip on while I'm there.
Dec 2, 2009 from Northern Ontario, Canada
Veena
Brass has the most grip of all the finishes.
Dec 2, 2009 from Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
mishamishamisha
Brass has the most grip of all the finishes.

I think I'll buy titanium if that's the case
Dec 3, 2009 from Northern Ontario, Canada
mishamishamisha
is Titanium and titanium gold the same?
Dec 6, 2009 from Northern Ontario, Canada
mishamishamisha
bought my pole last night!!
Dec 7, 2009 from Northern Ontario, Canada
Slinky
I think Ll Mynx are great poles. Get the stainless steel models. The powder coated steel poles have a surface that can sting for grip slides. They go up and come down FAST. I have been using them along with other poles for 7 years. I use custom cut 11 foot Lil Mynx poles but they do not have rotator option after 10 feet. The "petite" model is also nice and I am testing their soon to be marketed spinning "petite".
Dec 9, 2009 from Oakland, California, United States
PoleDancingG
Ugh i got the flirty girl pole i am sooooooo sad i wish i could get the x pol!!! but i am still paying off the flirty girl one!Flirty girl sucks! what do i do
Dec 9, 2009 from Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Ronnie
hi i just wanted to ask.... The xPole you guys sale on your webisite StudioVeena.com is it the actual xpole? i was reading on the xpole and i read to be aware of the fake xpoles....that many other places and websites are selling fake very similar poles.... im about to purchase one and i really wanted to order one from your website... but just wanted to make sure..... please i would like to know more on this.... thanks Veena
Jan 17, 2010 from Beale, Louisiana, United States
Sabrina
Yes, the pole Veena sells is the actual X pole - I bought mine from Veena a year ago and it is the best!! That's why it is not inexpensive - it's the real deal. don't be fooled by inexpensive x poles, they can be downright dangerous. Check out Veena's original post to this thread - very helpful!
Jan 17, 2010 from United States
Sapphirecatzeye
ok i just got my xpole and I wanted to rave about how great it is! I've owned a multi piece platinum stages stainless steel pole, a brass once piece pole and now the new xpole Xpert.
The Xpert is the most stable out of all of them. I feel totally secure while dancing on it, and i always feel nervous about getting on a newly put up pole while in a bridge move or something like that at the very top, but not on the xpert. it was really great. with the joint in the middle it was so much more stable and i feel like the dome really helped too. I had 180+ lbs men jumping on it all last night and it held up without any sort of noise or tention release coming from it.
I even feel unstable in my once piece pole compared to that one, but maybe its cause i've had the brass one piece pulled from the ceiling before. I really like getting use to the new finish on the xpole too, its different, what veena said, slippery but grippy too. it made me feel alot more fluid on it and like i didnt have to work against the metal. i was working with the chrome.
so i just figured i would put my 2 cents in, because i know alot of girls looking for new poles and wondering how the xpert was. save up and buy one!
Feb 14, 2010 from Humble, Texas, United States
Chream
I have a lil mynx stainless steel rotator I love it but it just a little slippery plus I need to increase my grip strength but it funny because we use the same pole at the studio I go to the only difference is my pole is shorter and it rotates ... I am not sure why but my grip strength with the studio pole was much better??? maybe because the studio poles get more use

I have been thinking of getting another pole. I have had the opportunity to use the xpole chrome I think? at a pole jam with bertsybooboo and a few others from SV and felt it to be the same as using the my lil mynx both good quality poles I would say

but because I am not extremely familiar with the xpole, I am wondering which may be more stable of the xpole for 45mm or 50mm for a curvy lady like me?
Feb 18, 2010 from Michigan, United States
PennyGirl
I have a lil mynx stainless steel rotator I love it but it just a little slippery plus I need to increase my grip strength but it funny because we use the same pole at the studio I go to the only difference is my pole is shorter and it rotates ... I am not sure why but my grip strength with the studio pole was much better??? maybe because the studio poles get more use

I have been thinking of getting another pole. I have had the opportunity to use the xpole chrome I think? at a pole jam with bertsybooboo and a few others from SV and felt it to be the same as using the my lil mynx both good quality poles I would say

but because I am not extremely familiar with the xpole, I am wondering which may be more stable of the xpole for 45mm or 50mm for a curvy lady like me?

Cream I have the SAME problem. I have a lil mynx rotator. The one in the gym is way stickier than the one I have at home. I noticed if I turn the temp down iin the house (usually 68F) the pole gets grippier. I think the gym is cooler than my home so this helps the problem. Have you tried that? Just coling down the room before you practice a little bit?
Feb 18, 2010 from Tennessee, United States
Chream
thanks for the tip penny girl that could be just the thing because it is usually really warm in the room I practice in ... thanks so much for the tip.
Feb 18, 2010 from Michigan, United States
chilli_d
I have the chrome X-pole and its fab! its the sturdiest thing i've ever been on and I've never taken it down or re-tightened it in over a year (NOT what the company recommend so dont copy [www.studioveena.com] my x-pole is 11'5 and i would be confident about death laying at the top (or at least as confident as one can be at death laying also im not that good haha) but i do arial inverts and supermans up there and it doesn't budge!
@cream, as for grip on the chrome sometimes it can be good, sometimes bad it depends on the weather/humidity of the room .. what I do find though is that before you warm up its slippy and after you've been on it for a while and you're all sweaty, its slippy but theres a point in between where you get kind of tacky and your skin sticks brilliantly! I just adapt my workout to how my body is - do spins when im slipping more and inverts when im gripping more. (btw slippy to me is not flying off the pole but more like i can't hold a pole sit or invert without sliding slowly or working really hard to stay there). you may find that the reason turning down the temp works is because its stopping you sweat a load before you start.
Char xx
Mar 16, 2010 from United Kingdom
kelbell
I have not bought a pole yet and have spent soooo much time reading over everyone's opinions on the various options. X Pole seems to be the favorite but I am wondering if it is easily removable. After reading some of the posts about Lil Mynx and checking out their site, I can tell that they are easy to remove. Just trying to determine if the X Poles are.
Jun 3, 2010 from United States
chilli_d
Hey Kelbell,
the x poles are completely removable - you just unscrew the bottom bit and then lower the pole down. The actual pole itself unscrews with an alan key - the old x poles used to be screwed together and could sometimes get stuck (so if you go for the x-pole get the super release tools as well!) but the new x-sport poles have a different locking mechanism by putting a small cylinder half in the top part and half in the bottom and unscrewing it so it expands and locks the 2 parts together. we have these at class on the stage poles and they do keep getting stuck, but I have a friend who hasn't had any problem with hers .. just make sure you unscrew/lock it as much as you can so it doesn't twist around inside the pole (covering the alan key hole)
Hope this helps with the X pole, I've not had any experience with other brands xx
Jun 3, 2010 from United Kingdom
pinksheep
Okay, question.....I am wanting to order my pole, my ceilings is 9ft 1/2 inch ...do i need to get an extension for a 1/2 a inch?
Jun 27, 2010 from Covington, Louisiana, United States
hookedonpole
veena, you posted you like x-pole in chrome. Evidently you have an older version? Do you know anything about the new ones? I've read comments about various issues with those who have purchased one more recently. Thanks.
Jul 10, 2010 from Madera, California, United States
polefairy
veena, you posted you like x-pole in chrome. Evidently you have an older version? Do you know anything about the new ones? I've read comments about various issues with those who have purchased one more recently. Thanks.
Hey hookedonpole,

I bought the chrome x-pole in October and have had no issues with it. Best money I ever spent
Jul 10, 2010 from Ireland
PennyGirl
I started on a lil mynx. The pole has a small round plastic part that bolts to the stud in the ceiling. After measuring the pole ( to ensure tension) the pole is lifted to couple with the bolted plastic part on the ceiling. Because the pole is spring loaded, the part that is in contact with the ceiling connector will have tension, so you have to really push up on the pole to get it into place ( without dragging the rubber feet) The pole comes in one complete piece, so it is harder to put away. However, the pole does leave a small plastic hook inside of the mount which you an eventually remove when you no longer want to use the pole. after taking down my pole I noticed quite a bit of damage to the plaster. I had to re-plaster the ceiling because the mount for the lil mynx sometimes rotates with the pole. Not a big deal, just took a couple of minutes.

Now I have an Xpert pole. I love the x-pert, but you absolutely have to follow the instructions to a T, or you will ruin the pole. The pole comes in several pieces and with carrying bags, so it is easy to take with you anywhere. The pole has "Xjoints" which are heavy expanding cylinders. These joints are what connect the pole pieces together. They are pretty darn sturdy. It takes about fifteen to twenty minutes to put it together the first time, and that time quickly decreases once you understand how to do it and once you become familiar with the use of the parts. The joints go into the end portions of the pole pieces. The joints have each two holes in them where a hidden hex screw is and the pole pieces each have one hole at the very joining edge. The holes in the poles meet with the holes in the joint once the joint is placed inside the pole. The holes meet up so you can use a wrench to gain access to the joint's hex screw to tighten. Once all of the poles have been connected with joints the pole is erected and the pole can be made tighter to the ceiling by turning the adjuster at the bottom. So, it's not a difficult process, but it can take some time if you aren't familiar with the parts and how they work. This is not in anyway an instructional, so if you are putting the pole together please refer to the instruction manual it comes with. I just wanted to take some of the mystery out of the xpert for some people like me who might be new to the process.
hope this helps you some.
Jul 30, 2010 from Tennessee, United States
MissKitty83
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the Markstaar pole kit. Has anyone used one or know someone that's used one? I know you get what you pay for, especially after hearing everyone here rave about the xpole, but could I get some feedback on this? I'm looking to buy my first pole and was curious if this was a viable option. Here's the link. Thanks!

[www.markstaar.com] onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

~Miss Kitty
Aug 29, 2010 from Charleston, South Carolina, United States
BACE16
Haven't used that Markstaar pole that you linked, but just looking at the bracket used, it might be a pain. First off you're screwing it in. The studio I used to go to had poles with that kind of bracket screwed into hardwood floors and into the ceiling. Might just be that studio, but the screws would come little by little. Forget about putting your foot anywhere near the pole on the floor. Not an expert, but lets say that average ceiling joist is only 2in wide, your pole is 2in diameter, obviously with the ceiling bracket like that, all 3 screws are not going into the joist. Which means wobbly pole and falling powdered drywall and screw from the hole where that last screw went it, but didn't actually attach to anything. Again, just my experience with poles in the studio I *used* to go to and only looking at the bracket. I have never used a Markstaar pole.

However, I have used a Lil Mynx at home. The single screw into the middle of the ceiling joist does very well. It was only after using it for 2 years and monthly taking it down/putting up that I started to see a little wobbling and the surface around the ceiling mount start to get damaged. The screw had slipped out slightly, I just tightened it back up and it was fine. I had never checked or tightened it in the 2 years before that time, I probably should have.
Aug 29, 2010 from Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
MissKitty83
Thanks for your feedback Bace.

~Miss Kitty
Aug 29, 2010 from Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Melrose
I have to chime in for Lil Mynx...I love their poles! I prefer Lil Mynx to X-Pole or Platinum Stages even tho, imho, they aren't as well known. For those of you who have slippery poles, you might want to invest in a dehumidifier. My pole is in the basement and getting a dehumidifier (combined with giving the pole a little love every day) really helped with the slip factor.
Sep 5, 2010 from Chantilly, Virginia, United States
polevixen0213
are there any good poles that don't cost $400....geeze! I want one SO bad...but a SAHM s sallery doesn't pay that well!
Dec 13, 2010 from Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Audball
There are poles second hand on gumtree and craigslist and the likes, if you can somehow verify its real, hten you could go for one of those, some of them are new and unwanted gifts. (Yes, there are people out there who don't want poles!?!) And if you have a look around and enquire on facebook there tends to be people or studios selling xpoles, and that way you know they're trustworthy. Good luck finding a pole!
Dec 14, 2010 from Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
Starburst
I have had a lil mynx for almost a year now. As a bigger dancer it seems to be a bad choice. The ceiling mount dug a very deep hole in the ceiling. I remedied the problem by mounting the plastic mound to a wood plaque that I bought at micheals then buying stronger screws from home depot which I screwed through the wood plaque and into the joist. That seemed to work very well so those of you with that problems might have somesuccess with that. I read some where that lil mynx was less safe on wood floors so when I moved to a house that has no carpet I didn't feel comfortable on my lil mynx. I will be getting an x-pole soon and I am very excited to see if it works better for me. I really like idea that the x-pole is not relying on a spring for tension and is instead screwed in for maximum tension with the ceiling. I was wondering what the Pros and cons of 50 mm pole vs. 45mm are?
Dec 14, 2010 from Lubbock, Texas, United States
Billababe220
I'm a bigger girl as well. I started on one of the "cheaper" poles...I can't really remember what brand name it was but I bought it off ebay for around $150. It did have a small screw that went in the ceiling (that also doubled as a plant hook for diguise) and I really didnt have a problem with it until it started to warp where the pole pieces fit together and the pole piece actually started to over-lap one another creating a very sharp surface. The reason I bought a cheaper one was basically just to see if I was going to like pole dancing enough and actually stick with it. Sure enough I fell in love and about a year later bought an X-pole. I love my X-pole, very sturdy, and it does not screw into the ceiling. Its never left a mark on my ceiling, hardwood floors, or fallen down. I do wish I would have stuck with the 50mm instead of switching to the 45mm because I feel that tricks are harder to hold with the smaller pole. I also wish I would have gotten brass because a lot of ladies say they are much grip-i-er, and living in FL with all the humidity its almost IMPOSSIBLE to maintain any kind of grip no matter which grip aides you use. If I were you, and you know pole dancing is something ur going to love....buy an expensive pole...its a great investment
Dec 14, 2010 from Orlando, Florida, United States
Mary Adrenaline
Hi, everybody! I started pole dancing last year, in December, and so far I haven't had too much luck with my pole purchases. Now I ran out of ideas and I really don't wanna give up on poling.. [www.studioveena.com] This is what happened...
I first bought a chrome x-pole which was really great.. until 4 months after when my body flared up into this terrible rash..For 3 months I tried all the cheapest solutions to cure myself till I couldn't take it anymore and spent the money on an allergy test. I found out i am allergic to cobalt, which the chrome contains. It's funny, I did assume it could have been a nickel allergy but when I did a self test nothing happened.
Oh well! I decided to go for a titanium gold next, knowing I'm not allergic to that, but this one didn't last too long either. It broke last month and I think it's because I shrugged off a defect that me and my husband noticed when we first put it up and then we just forgot about it because the pole was working just fine. After 5 months I decided to take it down for an inspection and i did it after 5 months because one, yes, I was lazy, and second I didn't think I needed to since they said it's not a requirement like with the x-poles.
So anyway, when we tried to put it back up, the pole did not extend anymore all the way to the ceiling, the extending joint just came off..I really donno how to explain because my first language isn't english and this is too mechanical for me. Basically it's broken from the inside, the pieces shifted weirdly..I donno..I thought about calling the x-pole customer service but I'm not sure how they can help since they don't give warranties and fixing it would probabily cost me more than buying a new one. I just took it as a lesson and thought about trying the stainless steel Platinum Stages this time, because titanium gold just didn't work for me...My palms get really sweaty and I had to wash my hands every 3 minutes to be able to dance and every 10 with Dry Hands lotion. The sweat doesn't seem to dry off like it does on the chrome and instead it makes it feel all greasy. So I was actually not very sad when the x-pert broke but my bad luck persists with Platinum Stages as well.
I ordered the multi piece stainless steel at the end of November and every week I called they assured me that it would be here at the end of that week. So finally this Monday I get a tracking number for UPS saying i will receive it on Wednesday. Hooray..not! Wednesday passed, I called UPS today to see what's the delay and I found out that Platinum Stages didn't even ship it and that is just a pending number. I called back Platinum Stages and they said they were waiting for some screws and that it will delivered NEXT week!!! So I filed a Fraud complain and now i'm waiting for my refund, have no pole and no other ideas!!!
ARGGG..What do I do? I can only use poles based on friction and these are top brands I know..I don't think Lil' Minx have any like this, do they? I did like the old technology of x-pole but I really don't want to go back to titanium gold, unless there is no other choice, I guess..[www.studioveena.com] ideas? Pls help..
Dec 24, 2010 from Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Flexx10
Have you thought about trying a brass pole? Sorry to hear about your problems with Platinum Stages ~ I get my poles from them and have had pretty good luck
Are you able to permanently mount a pole? One piece poles are really the best the way to go ~ In my opinion.
Don't give up!!! I'm sure there is a pole out there for you!
Dec 24, 2010 from Wisconsin, United States
Mary Adrenaline
Hi, Flexx!:)
I did thought about bras poles. I never tried them out but from what I read they are similar to titanium gold so if that's true, then i'm not too excited about them either. It seems like stainless steel fits my palms best and the Arizonian atmosphere too. Uh, I really wanted the Platinum Stages one and I was wondering if it would be possible to buy it from a different store that has it in stock...but, you can never know and that store would still go thru the main factory, wouldn't it? I wish there was a way around it but there is no way I can order back from them after lying to me like that..I don't understand how they can act this way..
Hm, I am not very sure about the permanent one. I live in a rented apartment and I will have to move soon to a different one so that is why I figured friction poles with extensions would be my best choice. I'll look more into it. Thx for your support, Flexx!:)
Happy Holidays, all!:)
Dec 26, 2010 from Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Flexx10
I'm pretty sure you can only get Platinum Stages poles through them. I have 3 poles from Platinum Stages ~ I had a good experience with them ~ They did cut one of my poles too long, but I called them and they took care of it right away. I prefer stainless steel too. Brass is too sticky for me!
There is a company called Pole Danzer that has removable stainless poles ~ Here is their link: [www.poledanzer.com] onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've heard lots of good things about them. I will probably go through them for my next pole!
Good luck!
Dec 27, 2010 from Wisconsin, United States
Mary Adrenaline
Cool! Thx so much for your help, Flexx! I decided to order the portable partypole [www.studioveena.com] Uhhh, there is some hope left after all...and that warranty offer is incredible! Wish all companies would do that. Thank you again. We'll see how it goes..
Dec 27, 2010 from Phoenix, Arizona, United States
yogabeachbabe
Hey there MaryJane. In the old studio where I worked, we had brass PoleDanzer poles & I LOVED them. I don't have any experience with their portable party poles but I think they're a solid company you can rely on. I'd love to hear more once you get your pole. Robert seems super nice. Glad you found them!
Dec 27, 2010 from Lafayette, Colorado, United States
Mary Adrenaline
Hey, yogabeachbabe! That's good to hear and yeah, i talked to Robert too and seemed like a nice guy and was offering to help out with cutting the pole if I ever need it shorter in the future. I was pretty impressed so far and feel less paranoid about it now. If you want, I can email you with more info once i start using it.
Dec 27, 2010 from Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Flexx10
Awesome BMJ!!!!! It's great that they offer a warranty ~ WOW!!!! Can't wait to hear all about your new pole Keep us posted!!!
Best wishes for the new year!!!
Dec 28, 2010 from Wisconsin, United States
Mary Adrenaline
Yeah,Flex! Look!
"If you are not totally satisfied we will refund your money. There is a life time guarantee on manufactured defects and an 18-month guarantee on product wear-and-tear."
Sounds more than nice! What I'm skeptical about is seeing how little the top of the pole is..uh..and from what I understood, the portable party pole is pretty much like x-pole..but at least x-pole has the huge dome that makes it seem secure. I'm surprised there was no complaint about poles falling or breaking, or so Robert says ..I guess I have to wait and see..
Happy New Year to you too, girls, and many more years to come!
Dec 28, 2010 from Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Flexx10
Hey BMJ ~
There is a small mount that you will have to attach to your ceiling. It only uses a couple of screws so you can remove it easily (and fill in the holes) when you have to move. They will also give you a fake smoke detector to hide the ceiling mount when your pole is not in place. I should think your new pole will be safer than just a tension mounted pole because it will be attached directly to the ceiling.
If Robert told you there hasn't been any complaints about poles falling or breaking, I'm sure he's telling the truth ~
And with a warranty like that, I wouldn't worry about a thing if I were you
Can't wait to hear all about it! Have a great day!
Dec 29, 2010 from Wisconsin, United States
Cantetinza17

I have a little minx and its pink, but it bolts into the ceiling, so it's in storage, but I have an S Factor pole (chrome...bad choice) that has a compression pad so that is better, BUT its too slick and it makes it difficult for me to practice because I'm always slipping it doesn't matter what I do I'm either constantly applying grip or whipping it down.  Its made me a little fearful to practice, so I might go for a Xpole and try and sell my other one.
Nov 27, 2012 from San Diego, California, United States
Cantetinza17

Here is my Question the pole I have now is chrome (from another maker) and it is really slippery. [www.studioveena.com] I personally like the look of silver than gold.  so I want a material that won't grip as hard as brass because we have that at my studio, but isn't as slippery as chrome, so all that is left in the silver look is titanium and stainless steel.  Can I have input on which one I should get.  I'm getting 50MM and most likely expert pole (Static and Spinning).

I think X pole should do something where people can do a trade in and the trade in can go towards the amount of their new Xpole, lol it sucks when you have to shell out more money!
Runemist34

Cantetinza17- I have a Stainless steel Lil mynx, and find that it is definitely sticky enough during humid times (such as all the time around where I live!) and especially when you take the time to warm it up.
Nov 27, 2012 from Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Cantetinza17

Runemist34,

When you warm it up do you mean just heat up the room or actually try to heat up the pole with like maybe a hair dryer, lol I'm sorry I'm sure that sounds really stupid, but my friend told me to do that with my chrome pole and I'm seriously considering it.  I have a pink lil minx but I think I have to wait until I get a  house cause it bolts into the ceiling.  it's a decent pole, but I thik I want to get an Xpole I'm going to try my friend's pole she got a gold finished one, so I'll try hers.
Runemist34

Cantetinza17- What I mean is that you dance on it! When you do your warm up, to get your body going and warm, you can also do some light pole work, such as easy spins and poses and things, to get your pole warmer so that the metal grips better.

Warming up the room would be alright, but I could see the hairdryer idea being tedious, and not terribly useful, and possibly dangerous as those things get quite hot, and you don't want to damage the pole's finish.

I don't own my home, haven't for my whole life- I certainly don't have the money to afford a $50k downpayment, let alone a mortgage. However, I still continue to put my pole up and bolt it into the ceiling. I don't find that it does much damage, certainly light enough that, when and if you move out, you can put some polyfilla in there and it looks brand new (depending on how good you are with that polyfilla)! You can always inquire to your landlord if you would be allowed to bolt something into the ceiling. No need to tell them what it is. I mean, people sometimes put plant hooks up there, right?
Slinky

FREE brass ceiling mount for Pole Danzer model. I got rid of the pole years ago and just found this extra mount in storage. Contact me to arange shipping costs.
Nov 27, 2012 from Oakland, California, United States
Cantetinza17

Runemist34,

Yeah unfortunately in my lease there is a rule that you can't bolt things in the ceiling( I live in luxury apartments) I guess cause the ceiling is a smooth finish instead the pop corn type finish cause I used it in my last apartment and it had the popcorn ceiling and you couldn't tell the difference, but if you hang a potted plant ( in the place I'm in now) they want you to use those adhesive type hooks.  I find it crazy, but its their rules and as long as I get my deposit back then fine I'll follow there rules.  If I could I would have continued to use the pink lil minx pole.  Since it has pink paint on it, it was quite grippy.  I was  just starting out and had Fawnia dvds lol, so I was just getting used to the fireman spin and stuff I hadn't even climbed or inverted at that time frame.
Runemist34

Aww! Darn those luxury apartments being all pompus :P Well, if you get an Xpole, and then you move, you can have TWO poles to play on! I would be jealous ;)
Cantetinza17

EXACTLY!!! I would love to do that because I could my lil Mynx would bbe my static and the other will be spinning!  I need to move! lol
Buffy29
Hello I was interested in buying a pole but wanted to know how do I go about it? Shipping and prices
Thank you
Mar 29, 2013
Lyme Lyte
Depending what pole your interested in, go to their website and you can find all th info on prices and shipping. If you want an Xpoleus, you can order right off this site as well. Other good poled are Platinum Stages and LilMynx.
Mar 29, 2013 from Grand Haven, Michigan, United States
Buffy29
How do I go about ordering on here
Mar 29, 2013
Lyme Lyte
To the right of your screen you should see some type of bos that has the pole embollem and the words "starting at 249.99". Click on that and you will have all options for size, width, and finish....
Mar 29, 2013 from Grand Haven, Michigan, United States
CapFeb
if the finish you want isn't listed, I know you can use the "contact us" at the bottom of the page to place an order through Veena. For instance, I will eventually order a brass 45 through the contact us option because it isn't in the default options.
Mar 29, 2013 from Glendale, Arizona, United States
Buffy29
Thanks ladies
Mar 29, 2013
quancutie23
I have a question about the poles on amazon.com I have an x pole but I see a lot of poles online that look like x poles are those good qualities too? i have read the reviews some are good and some are bad. I Guess everyone should just buy a pole that best fits there needs. Overall I prefer not to screw anything in my ceiling or leave marks. So i like poles that don't do that and xpoles are really easy to travel with they break up in 3 parts im not sure about a lil mynx. Xpole vs amazon.com poles?
Apr 11, 2013 from Everett, Washington, United States
quancutie23
I have a question about the poles on amazon.com I have an x pole but I see a lot of poles online that look like x poles are those good qualities too? i have read the reviews some are good and some are bad. I Guess everyone should just buy a pole that best fits there needs. Overall I prefer not to screw anything in my ceiling or leave marks. So i like poles that don't do that and xpoles are really easy to travel with they break up in 3 parts im not sure about a lil mynx. Xpole vs amazon.com poles?
Apr 11, 2013 from Everett, Washington, United States

donnalee
Your website is fantastic and positive. Love your instructions and demonstrations. The pacing and written information on the side are so helpful in learning.
more testimonials