StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions The Art of Pole

• The Art of Pole

Posted by Kalighhargraves5811 on August 26, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Hi Guys,

I was looking into getting the Art of pole DVDs, But I cannot for the life of me find a list of moves for the first 2 volumes which are the beginner moves. I found most of the other disks on here but not these. Does anyone know what moves are taught in volumes one and two of The Art Of Pole DVDs?

MdawWat replied 9 years, 7 months ago 6 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Webmaster

Administrator
    August 26, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Have you considered the lessons here? There are far more moves than the art of pole DVDs, much more complete descriptions and a safer progression to make you more successful in your pole experience.

• Kalighhargraves5811

August 26, 2014 at 2:06 pm

I have, I was just looking at all of my options. I am also going to a studio but find myself stuck with climbing, So i was looking for something to do at home so I still had some instruction while I worked on building up my arm muscles for climbing.
    I will look more into Veena’s Lessons πŸ™‚ they are a good deal.

• Veena

Administrator
    August 26, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Jamilla is a lovely person and great teacher, however if you are looking for a lot of content, you wont find more than a few moves on each dvd. There’s only so much info you can pack on to dvd. You’ll also find more than pole in the lessons here as well, and everything is place in the order in which to work on, so you progress by building the strength needed. πŸ™‚

• Kalighhargraves5811

August 26, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Awesome thanks! I think I will try it. I am just so frustrated with climbing right now. I can either hold the 90% Bicep hold and slide down the pole, or dangle by my hands and stick. I need to build that arm strength so I can do both at the same time. and to pay 120 every 5 weeks without advancement sucks! lol I’ll see about putting an order in tonight. Maybe for the year since its such a good deal and has strengthening workouts as well as pole moves.

• Bleskouka

August 26, 2014 at 3:21 pm

Hi, I am not sure but in my folder of the DVD The Art of pole: DVD1 (for exAMPLE:warm up, cooldown, body rolls,conditioning 1, walking around the pole – walking basic, walking pick up, change direction, step around, walk and step around to count of 8, slide and recovery, forward hook, backward hook, toe spin, double tap some combinations hook step around and toe spin, miniroutine ; sitting on the pole – seat, knee spin, ankle spin, upright V, boomerand, minroutine, the hollywood, angel, bakcward stag,carousel,chair…)

• Veena

Administrator
    August 26, 2014 at 3:27 pm

You’ll have 2 options once you sign up for lessons. You can do the 30 day take off program, or work through the lessons in order on your own. Both are part of the lessons package they don not need to be purchased seperatly 😊

• Runemist34

August 26, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Hey Kalighhargraves5811!
    I’ve had and tried quite a few different pole DVD’s and such, and I also have a membership with Veena’s lessons.
    I really do like Jamilla’s Art of Pole DVD’s, and out of all the ones I’ve tried, I find that they are extremely helpful and very informative. She has conditioning exercises (which will kick your butt, seriously) as well as warm ups and cool downs. There are also some performance clips and mini-routines and combos you can try in there.
    However, even though they are probably the best DVD’s I’ve found on the market so far, I wouldn’t trade out Veena’s lessons for them at all!
    I find Veena’s method of teaching and video to be extremely helpful. Jamilla only shows from one angle, and Veena often has a couple, so you can see what’s going on with different ares of the body. Her conditioning is a little more comprehensive for the whole body, and you can spend time working out (read: kicking your butt) different parts of your body. She also goes over a lot of flexibility training, and safety stuff, even if you don’t have a spotter.
    She’s also right here if you want to ask her questions!

The first couple of DVD’s in the Art of Pole set cover a lot of moves, broken up right down to a basic walk, and ending (in DVD 2 anyways) with some things you can do once you’re comfortable with the basic invert (which she does teach, of course), like Gemini and Scorpio, and the Apprentice (which she calls a Starfish).

Again, they are awesome lessons and it’s lovely to have DVD’s to go back to often, but Veena’s lessons are excellent, and continue to be updated! You could always use both if you want to, as well πŸ˜‰

• MdawWat

August 26, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Having seen both the DVDs and Veena’s lessons, I have to say- if you really are going DVD then yes jamilla is about as comprehensive as you can get, but if you are really looking to go the extra mile on pole progression I think the lessons here are a better bet. Art of pole is great in the DVD world because it exposes you to a large variety and progression of moves. For me I am not a natural and have needed more strength training and deeper explanations to help me get over those proverbial humps which is what veena has when you look at the variety of her offerings and her quality of explanations.