StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Tattoos inspired by poling?

• Tattoos inspired by poling?

Posted by Club Dynasty on September 3, 2014 at 2:02 am

Hi all,
    I saw an old discussion on tattoos and pole dancing and want to relaunch it. I had been meaning to finish my back tat for a long time but never got around to it. Then, when I started poling, and actually showing off my back on a routine basis, the desire kicked in to over drive! I finally got it finished and feel complete now. So, I’d like to know if you’ve been inspired to get a tat since you started to pole, and if you would be so kind please attach it to the discussion. Thanks in advance for sharing!

majikmyke replied 9 years, 7 months ago 13 Members · 31 Replies
  • 31 Replies
  • Lula Geddes

September 4, 2014 at 3:20 am

Hi there! I have quite a lot of tattoos and I started on my 10th last Christmas, it’s a big one and it’s an idea I had for a long time – it’s a snake running up my leg going to bite an apple. After I started poling and saw leg extended out in a gemini or a butterfly was the moment when I took the final decision and HAD to have it done! It’s not finished yet, still a long time to go as it needs more work on the lines and drawing and then the colour… I’m afraid I don’t have a good picture of it, you can kind of see it in my profile picture and the one here, but it’s done further now as the line has been thickened and it goes down to the foot. When the boyfriend comes home I’ll get him to take a shot and post it (I couldn’t wait answering!)

• Lula Geddes

September 4, 2014 at 12:28 pm

So here it is! it’s taking me so long to get it finish, the problem is that every time I get some done I have to take time off poling and I don’t want to, so I keep putting off…

• Club Dynasty

September 4, 2014 at 12:42 pm

@Lula, That is BADA$$! It’s going to be amazing when it is finished! Thanks for adding the pics, please continue to add pics of your progress to your profile too. What does this particular tat mean to you? I’m thinking of getting a peacock tat that spans from my rib cage to upper thigh area–tell me, how did the thigh part of your tat feel, and if you have a side or rib cage tat, how did it feel?

• Kalighhargraves5811

September 4, 2014 at 3:07 pm

@Club Dynasty. I do not have a thigh tat but I do have a hip tat. and based on your description, you are going to hit hip!!!! Mine is on the front part of my hip and that hurt a fair bit! It was not to to bad as long as I had something to munch on and someone to talk to. (It was just after christmas so I got discounted candy canes, ate one whole box in an hr session.) I was a little more than a little nauseous by time I was done. My ex-boyfriend wouldn’t let me drive home because he said I looked like I was gonna pass out.

• Club Dynasty

September 4, 2014 at 4:08 pm

@Kaligh OMG! a whole box of candy canes! Yikes LBVS LOL. That’s good to know, totes forgot about the hip part (palms forehead). I usually don’t eat anything or bring anyone with me to the session, so yes, your 411 is very helpful. I’m thinking of getting one long feather, to see how it feels at first, then I’ll know whether I can go the distance for 4 hrs at one go. Maybe. :-/

• Lula Geddes

September 5, 2014 at 4:57 am

@Club Dynasty. Mine is on the thigh and it doesn’t quite reach the hip, so it really depends on exactly where it is. I seem to have a high resistance to pain, even my tattooist is always shocked at how far he can go… so maybe I’m not the best judge… to be honest the thigh was fine for me, I also have rib cage tattoo on the front and that did not hurt either, but it was a long time ago and back then I tended to feel pain even less. The thing is for me it’s relative as I had to do the back of the leg, including behind the knee and that was painful! The worst place for me was the lower abs underneath the belly button. I think maybe it is very individual what parts hurt the most, I understand men generally hate been tattooed over the bones which I don’t mind at all, while women tend to suffer more on the soft flesh. Just go for it! Can’t be as bad as the first times we do a knee hold or a yogini or an allegra…

• MeganJoan

September 5, 2014 at 8:38 am

My newest and biggest tattoo is a work in progress but here are some photos of it 🙂 having to stop poling on the area I get done for a few weeks is lame, but I love being able to show it off in my pole wear since its not really visible the rest of the time.

Men and women tend to have different pain thresholds but everybody is slightly different as well. The general consensus is that lower stomach is one of the worst places, but for me it was next to nothing. Most painful place for me is back of the upper thigh and butt.

Pain from being on the bone is also very different to skin pain IMO. I find pain from sensitive skin to be less bareable, but I also have a very high pain tolerance.

If you’re really concerned take panadol, ibuprofen and codeine beforehand (yes all three) and it’ll really numb the pain because you’re covering all three pathways. I can easily do a four hour session this way. Also, drink soft drink and/or eat lollies and you’ll be fine (it helps stop you going into shock).

Yay, tattoos! 😀

• Club Dynasty

September 5, 2014 at 2:02 pm

@Megan –Beautiful! Love your peacock & its vibrant color! Thx for the drug cocktail LOL, I was looking at something called HUSH tat numbing gel on amazon too. I normally would just go in for the tat and not prepare, because my back top and bottom tats weren’t bad. This time, however, the butterflies were a trial, which makes me nervous about the thigh/hip/side.

• Kalighhargraves5811

September 5, 2014 at 2:09 pm

@ Club Dynasty, I should also mention im a big wimp when it comes to pain. I do not tolerate it well. but seriously how do you go and not bring someone/something to distract yourself???

• I polekat I

September 5, 2014 at 2:46 pm

love all your big tattoos!! here’s mine, its a work in progress =) :
    haha i hear ya with tattoos and not being able to pole, my last session was in dec last year just before i got my pole so i havent been back to the tattooists yet this year to get it finished! esp as i just got my shoulder mount haahaha! i also have a tiger on my hip i want to add to, so it will start on my ribs and end on my leg… i am afraid of the rib part!! ive heard that its a really sore area…

• tigerlillies

September 5, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Club dynasty I love your tatt it’s so pretty! I have a tiger on my lower back but want to add to it got it when I was 17 and also a black cat on my inner theigh. Don’t have pics since want to add to each but I never had any problems with pain when I got mine. I sat and played games on my phone the whole time. But I have a good pain tolerance I am the chick who got bored so pierced my own belly button without numbing it just for my baby nephew to yank it out a few weeks later and once it healed repierced it lol. I have numerous tattoos I want to get but don’t want to take time from pole hard enough as it is to find time and energy to do it don’t want to add having to recouperate in top of it. Plus don’t know of any really good artists here in GA and I don’t want to end up one of those tattoo horror stories

• Club Dynasty

September 5, 2014 at 4:47 pm

@Polekat–your tat is so creative, it’s awesome! I love yours too! Getting tatted on the rib cage worries me as well, from what I’ve heard :-/

I know what all of you mean about not wanting to stop poling when you get your tat. The day I got my butterflies, I ended up having to sub a class at the studio. Every time I felt my top rub against the tat, I worried about it. Fortunately none of the spins I taught had my back against the pole. But yeah, it’s an open sore and you don’t want to be oozing all over the place, nor do you want to expose it to germs or have it messed up. I’ve noticed that my instructor at the studio has been getting her forearm tattooed and she dances and/or teaches almost every night. But I’ve never asked her how she protects the tat, I just stay away from her pole! I think there is another thread on here that talks about managing new tats and poling.

• Club Dynasty

September 5, 2014 at 4:57 pm

@tigerlillies–Thanks so much! I must admit, when he finished, I nearly teared up in the shop, cuz I was so happy with it (and probably a little off kilter from the tat itself :-)) And did I mention I was on my cycle then too? Yeah, it must have been the hormones, not because I’m some sentimental creature. LOL. I never thought about using my phone to distract me. Will take that into consideration.

Yikes re: the belly button tat-I cringed when I read that it was pulled out. I’ve gotten my belly button pierced and my nosed pierced, and those were ok, but I met my match when I got the nips pierced (@Kaligh I went to get those by myself too ;-)). Those sh*ts hurt like a mutha!! Ay yay yay, wish I had had the drug cocktail @Megan has suggested then. Had to take them out a year later because my body was rejecting them, they were migrating to the end of the nip and I was in danger of having them yanked out like your belly button piercing was. Yeah, it wasn’t much of a decision at that point to remove them–but I don’t think I can go through re-piercing them though!

• tigerlillies

September 5, 2014 at 6:07 pm

I didn’t know that could happen to nip piercings good to know lol has thought about it was always the quiet shy kid who always followed the rules type now that I am grown and have kids coming out of my shell and doing the things I’ve always wanted like the tatts and stuff. I was amazed by your back piece and kinda jealous lol like man I wish I would of got something like that haha my back piece that I want is of a phonex will take up half my left side upper back. Then want one mid theigh that travels around to end on my lower butt check with butterflies just not sure what to put to have the butterflies trailing from it to stop at my butt still working on that. Wish I knew someone who could draw so could design my own so since I don’t teaching myself to draw but haven’t made to the stage where can draw a good tatt idea yet

• tacha666

September 6, 2014 at 3:02 am

You can see most of my tattoo in this picture: https://www.studioveena.com/photos/view_photo/523c9d59-c370-4e70-9e09-06f40ac37250

I’m going to get it extended and colored in 2015 (I have an appointment already) by a lady who does tattoos that look like water color: http://www.queegqueg-tattoo.de/wp-content/galleries/jessica/engel.jpg

In that tattoo I am going to hide some pole-related stuff: A star filled with zebra-fur which is our studio’s logo, an number 13 in a heart because I love Alethea and the saying “no pain, no gain” to remind me that I need to work hard.

Page 1 of 3