StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Sweat is slippery

• Sweat is slippery

Posted by PreppyJune on September 11, 2014 at 10:52 pm

I sweat a lot when I pole. Is there anything you can put on your arms and legs to stop the sweat or wick it away? I don’t necessarly need a grip aid as it’s places I’m not using to grip. But like my forearms and shins get really slippery with sweat that I can’t climb. Now I’m just wiping the sweat with a towel, but it doesn’t really do much since I just sweat more.

TropicalVertical replied 9 years, 6 months ago 9 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Phoenix Hunter

September 11, 2014 at 11:54 pm

I really like “dry hands”. it’s inexpensive and it’s quick to use.

• I polekat I

September 12, 2014 at 5:01 am

tite grip is an antiperspirant you use an hr or so before poling, mighty grip also have a new sweat procudt in wipe form. also chalk is good (either liquid or a chalk ball) – or wiping with distilled vinegar or rubbing alcohol is supposed to help dry your skin a bit too =)

• PolarGirl

September 12, 2014 at 9:49 pm

Ok! So I don’t know if you are like me or not – but most lotions make me feel wet and “sweaty” — like I’m perspiring everywhere — for a couple of days after application, even if I’ve showered a couple of times (!). At the same time, my skin is super dry, so if I don’t use lotion, my skin has zero friction and I slide anyway. I didn’t even realize I had this issue until I tried a good lotion and it gave me great grip! There is a lotion called Pole Physics that is available online, but I’ve not used it. I read on a thread here that Aveeno daily moisture works great, so I use that!

Also, when I’m trying something new and new extra confidence, I lightly dab iTac wherever my legs are making pole contact (along the shins, top of foot, between the knees, thighs, back of knee — you name it!), and this REALLY helps with grip. I also dab dry hands on top of the itac when doing a cross and release. I find this totally necessary, because I get a bit (ahem) dewey between my thighs when I’m really working hard.

Good luck finding what works for you!

• PolarGirl

September 12, 2014 at 9:50 pm

(I meant cross ANKLE release!)

• PassionForDance

September 13, 2014 at 4:59 am

Corn Huskers Lotion or Pole, in place of regular body lotion on pole days, in combination with Dry Hands works best for me thus far.

• Jenn1989

September 13, 2014 at 5:13 am

I have sweat problems too, and I actually like to tack the pole with Tite Grip. I know it’s not the intended use, but I find that it really helps my whole body grip and it stays on the pole a long time. It seems to get rid of the sweat as I pole, and I don’t need to wipe as much. I’ve tried Itac2 for my body, but I wasn’t a fan, it’s actually TOO grippy for me. I put some on my knee pits and thighs, and I kept getting stuck transitioning into moves. Another product good for sweating is Drysol, which is an extra strength anti-perspirant that goes in at night and stops sweating for long periods of time.

• GlitterSteph

September 13, 2014 at 2:35 pm

I sweat like a hippo and it makes me furious beyond normal means. My husband almost gets irritated that I practice because I get so angry. Use all different grips and still have issues. However, I use shaving gel on my legs and it works wonders. Like seriously. Rub it in thick like lotion and it’s wonderful. I use grip on my hands and legs but you are right if I sweat elsewhere then as soon as I try a move where I need to grip and I have grip aid but the sweat is there it turns into failure. So try some gel shaving cream all the way down your legs and up to the thighs and see if it helps 🙂 I use aveeno because I’m allergic to most shaving things lol

• polesilks

September 13, 2014 at 6:26 pm

We have people the same with some of our students and tried Stunt Grip at PoleExpo which Timber Brown uses its amazing. ..

• I polekat I

September 14, 2014 at 2:49 pm

ooh jenn1989 im going to try that!!! i find tite grip hit and miss, sometimes it feels like it helps other times it feels like it makes no difference at all… but never thought to try it on the pole itself!!

preppyjune, you could also try just using a normal store-bought antiperspirant on those areas if you can find a good strong one like Mitchum.

• I polekat I

September 15, 2014 at 8:30 am

http://www.mydaily.co.uk/2014/09/15/sweaty-skin-is-now-a-beauty-trend/?ncid=webmail19

just came across this hehehe…. we are trend setters!!!!

• TropicalVertical

September 15, 2014 at 9:12 am

Oh goody the sweaty look is in, great when you live in a climate of 80F + all year with 85% humidity. I wear yoga gear even when not working out as it’s designed to work with sweat! So if the sporty shiny look is in this could be the moment when I’m suddenly fashionable!

• TropicalVertical

September 15, 2014 at 1:23 pm

By the way wet sweat is slippy but dried sweat is grippy – ceiling fan on high helps lots!