Slippery X-Pole! HELP!!

nixica

I have had my XPole for about 3 months now, and I can not for the life of my figure out why it is so slippery. I've use other poles, at work and at friends houses, and I don't have the same problems on them. There are so many tricks that I can easily do on other poles that I slide down trying on mine. I've tried cleaning it, I've tried using grip on my hands, I've tried wiping myself down with alcohol, but it doesnt work! If I clean it, I would have to clean it between each move that I try or its so slippery I can't do a simple spin.

Any suggestions? 
May 5, 2011 from Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Mechie Paid Member
What's the material?

I don't have my own pole (yet), but I read that new XPole has a thin flim on them, to protect the pole from shipment. I heard acetone and distill vinegar can work wonders.
May 5, 2011 from Boston, Massachusetts, United States
nixica

I have a chrome xpole sport
May 5, 2011 from Phoenix, Arizona, United States
LopsiJulie

Yeah, mine is also slippy.  I like the challenge :)  I don't know, some days it works better than others.  I haven't figured out if it's because the pole is warm or cold.... overall confused about the whole thing.  Just keep trying!  Also, not all grips are the same.  Get Dewpoint if you can!  I hear it's really the best. 

xxxx
May 5, 2011
cnelove14

I have a chrome xpole x pert. I do notice that when i dont warm up the pole and its cold that it tends to be very slippery. i have very dry skin so i tend to slip off anyways. also the more u use ur pole the more the finish will begin to wear and it should become not as slick. when i first got my pole it was so slippery i couldnt do anything but now that ive had it for a bit its more gripable(is that even a word?lol). i have heard great things about dewpoint so i have decided to try it out because my hands are so dry. this is the first time i will have tried a grip aid so ill let u know how it works for me. climate, sweat and dry skin can also be big factors in pole grip as well. Sorry i dont have more helpful advice to give
May 5, 2011 from Tampa, Florida, United States
danzn16

my chrome xpole is extremely slippery too! i dont have this problem either at the poles at the studio i go to! i dont get it either! lol
May 6, 2011 from North Carolina, United States
PoleNerd
I also have a chrome xpole (xpert). It has gotten significantly stickier over the past four months. I use vinegar to clean it.

I also find that the pole has to be completely warm - top to bottom - in order to stick. If any part of the pole feels cool (not cold), I will slide.

Maybe you have to take extra time to warm up your body and the pole? Perhaps the chrome takes longer to warm up than other finishes. Also, have faith that the pole will become stickier over time with constant use.
May 6, 2011 from Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Castleoutsider

i remember seeing vds of girls using dryers to heat em up lolol
May 6, 2011 from Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
Mechie Paid Member
@PoleNerd - question, does your chrome pole rust (not the whole pole...but specks and dots?) from cleaning too much?
Viva Paid Member
My chrome x-pole is still super slippery....after 2 plus years!!
Only thing that really works is rubbing pole with small amount of itac 2 grip right before training. Makes it really sticky -- sometimes too much so! I don't use itac on my hands as it can go slick. I have also used dew point, which helps but it hasnt been quite the perfect solution I was hoping for! On a side note, dew point is a body grip, do u spray it for example on ur tummy and thighs and behind the knees. It is not recommended for the hands :)
May 6, 2011 from Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
PoleNerd
@Mechie - I haven't experienced any chipping from cleaning - I don't clean my pole a lot, and when I do, I don't use much vinegar.

Perhaps the alcohol is too harsh for your pole, but that doesn't seem right. Do you actually see or feel the chipping happening? Do you wear jewelry or use anything else abrasive on your pole?
PoleNerd
There may be tiny breaks in the pole finish... then the inside of the pole is exposed to moisture, causing rust.
yum yum

wow , glad so many other people are in the same situation. i was getting ready to trade mine in for a brass one. after reading all the comments , ill persevere. thanks to all (even though it was not my question) te he he 
May 29, 2011
Jenn

I have trouble gripping my chrome Xpert at times too, especially in the winter when it is dry and cold.  The best thing I can suggest is to really warm the pole up before going into inversion holds.  You can do this by dancing around the pole, doing two handed spins, slides, anything that transfers your body heat to the pole. It also helps you warm up as well. 

I wipe my pole with a combination of 1/2 rubbing alcohol and 1/2 water solution, using a microfiber towel.  For really bad days,  I use Firm Grip Spray (spray rosin) to give my pole  a light dusting. It has really worked for me.

[www.cramersportsmed.com]
May 29, 2011 from Ferndale, Michigan, United States
Cinara

I've just discovered rubbing some shaving gel/foam into my legs (and therefore also my hands) before I start seems to help a lot on cold and dry days. 
May 29, 2011 from Australia
Jenn

I've heard about using shaving cream, but have never tried it myself.  Does it matter which kind you use?
May 29, 2011 from Ferndale, Michigan, United States
Cinara

I haven't really come across much about what works best. I use a fancy scented one, but I've seen people use cheap generic brands as well. As far as I know, anything that comes out as a gel and starts turning into foam is okay. I have found it doesn't work so well on hot sweaty days though.
May 29, 2011 from Australia
Theo Simon Previous Paid Member

iTac just released a pole cleaner!

Go to my facebook to see the picture! I used it at pole con and it works. I can pick you all up some and ship it to you! Doesn't damage your pole, one spray works like a charm. It comes with a pink cloth and a spray applicator!

www.facebook.com/theosimonpoledance
Jun 11, 2011 from Sandy Springs, Georgia, United States
Mechie Paid Member

Thanks Theo!!! I REALLY look forward to use it on my chrome pole!!! ^_^
Jun 11, 2011 from Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Youre very welcome! I shot up the x stage light and cleaned the entire pole in 5 minutes. Parker is a genius. iTac is my swear by grip co.
Er! Omg. I meant 2 minutes! Haha! Whoops. Darn iphone.
Jenn

Thanks for the heads up, Theo. I added you on Fb to see the pic.  DO you happen to know what ingredients they use?
Jun 12, 2011 from Ferndale, Michigan, United States
Low irritant fda approved hydro carbon with a lemon myrtle extract. It doesnt damage the pole and remove the finish like bleach and alcohol!
Jun 12, 2011 from Sandy Springs, Georgia, United States
Cuteandsweet4049146
When will the spray be available? I need some terribly for my chrome x-pole.
Jul 14, 2011
divapolegoddess Previous Paid Member
I had the same problem and I got great advice from Karol Helms: take cheap sand paper and lightly dust some of the film off of it. I have the titanium gold and my friend has the chrome and that solved her problem also. Your pole won't look as new and shiny as when you first got it, but: 1) I've never had anyone compliment me on how my pole looked great while I was dancing, 2) if you wear shoes your pole will still get some scratches, and 3) any on lookers are interested in your tricks, not your pole. Good luck!
Jul 16, 2011 from Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Peter

@Cuteand sweet - Hi, our new pole cleaner is available right now. Retail price for a 250ml bottle (800 applications) plus special microfibre cloth is $17.99. To order please send me a email at peter@inyourfacesports.ca and we can communicate directly.

Cheers

Jul 17, 2011 from Canada
Greekgoddess
Do itac have a website? I finally got back on the pole yesterday after being injured for the last 3 months my strength was all there still but my pole is mega slippy so I'm struggling trying to get fully back into it without sliding off :(
Jul 18, 2011
Peter! I called you parker again!
Jul 18, 2011 from Sandy Springs, Georgia, United States
Mechie Paid Member

I actually bought a bottle of iTac spray from Theo (thanks again!! ~hugs~)...and it works like a charm...

I use Tite Grip, iTac2 level 3 and sometimes Mighty Grip so there are a lot of "gunk" on my pole...after each pole session it takes me forever to clean my pole with alcohol...it is especially hard to get the iTac2 off (I have an xpole chrome btw).  With the iTac spray, it comes of sooooo easily. And after you clean the pole, wait until its total dry before trying to get on the pole or it'll feel reeeeally slippery. I'm not sure if it improves my grip (I have really sweaty hand...this reminds me to e-mail Peter for a level 4 sample...lol) but it's definitely the best cleaner I've tried so far. 
Jul 18, 2011 from Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Peter

@greekgodess Hi the websites for iTac2 are poledancegrip.com & itac2.com and our facebook page is [www.facebook.com]

Thanks
Jul 18, 2011 from Canada
CalBear

I know I have A LOT of issues with slippage w/ the x poles.. tried both the 45mm and 55mm both are slippery and I couldn't even do a spin proper on them. I personally loooove the lil mynx poles, they are soo shiny and I stick to them sooo well! <3  Too bad they don't have a lot of marketing because I just think the surface of their poles is  awwesome!
Jul 18, 2011 from United States
nymphdancer

I have a minx and an x. Hate the minx love the x. the minx is the most slippery thing in the world FOR ME. everyone is different.
Jul 18, 2011 from Louisville, Kentucky, United States
AerialGypsy Paid Member

Poles need to be "broken in" so to speak. It will take a while for your pole to really get conditioned. Just keep practicing on it as often as you can. Also, as your hands build up cauloses, you may stick to it better (I know that is the case for me.) Make sure you get your pole nice and warm, that will improve the grip a lot.
Jul 19, 2011 from Oregon, United States
Mizz Nelly Paid Member
Does anybody know if it works on TG too or just chrome?
Jul 19, 2011 from Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
AerialGypsy Paid Member
My TG is all broken in. I wash it with rubbing alcohol. It gets super sticky when it is warm.
AerialGypsy Paid Member
My TG is all broken in. I wash it with rubbing alcohol. It gets super sticky when it is warm.
AerialGypsy Paid Member
Mizz Nelly Paid Member
Jul 19, 2011 from Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Sephira

X-pert is soooooooooooo slippery also for me that it is becoming a nightmere!!!

I noticed I am not the only one with the same problem, I feel a bit better but I am not hppy for any of us!

Most of the times I can't even  do simple spins.

In the begin I tought I couldn't dance on the pole anymore, then I went to a studio where they got the old x-perts and it was better, not great, but better.

Really, I am thinking to sell the pole, because in the gym I will need stages and that one at home is really frustrating.

I am considering going for fitpole or r-pole, I heard the grip is much better.

I am sure the humidity is a big factor in this, but my home won't get dry,so...

Maybe brass would be better...but where to get the poles in brass?

Unfortunatly in italy we got quite high ceilings and I can't use poles with standard sizes,I need extendable or free standing.

Any advise is welcome...
Oct 7, 2011 from La Spezia, Liguria, Italy
AerialGypsy Paid Member

Are you warming your pole up? Once the poles warm up they grip more. The poles at the gym have been conditioned over time, so they are all roughed up from use. Your x pole is probably new, so it is still slick from manufacturing. You have to use it to condition it. Unfortunately, that means getting past the initially frustrating slick phase. That initial phase is going to come with all metal poles. This will take a while, but it will go away. You just have to be patient and persitent. Just spin on it a lot all the way to the floor. Do simple slides to the floor. Get your hands all over it. The humidity is probably playing a role in you not being able to grip. Maybe you can get a dehumidifier for your pole room.

Also, what metal did you get?

The r poles are powder coated, so they are going to be grippier, but it is also going to be harder to spin on them. They will probably tear up your hands.  Brass will probably have better grip in the humidity, but I don't know where in Italy they sell them. 
Oct 7, 2011 from Oregon, United States
LindaLu Paid Member

I have been having this problem myself.  My X-pole X-pert was fine over the summer, but now that it is starting to cool off it is super slippery. It feels like there is a layer of condensation on it.  I had never heard about warming it up first.  Thanks everyone for all of the info.
Oct 7, 2011 from Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States
AerialGypsy Paid Member

Some girls use a blowdryer on their pole first. Or turn on a heater to warm up the room. I just sit there and run my hands up and down the pole A LOT to get the friction on my pole to get my pole warm. If you want to test it out, just run your hands up and don the top of your pole until it is warm, then try sticking to it. Then try sticking to a colder part of the pole. It is WAY different.
KittyNyanNyan

I usually turn down the a/c or turn it completely off before I get on my pole. I've heard of some girls actually setting it to turn off an hour before they get home so the pole is already warmed up for them. After a few climbs and pole sits, my X Pole X Pert is warm and almost ripping the skin off my legs.
Oct 7, 2011 from Dallas, Texas, United States
sexygyrl Paid Member

Not to long ago, I actually tried the blowdryer thing.  I was warmed up, but couldn't get my pole warm no matter how many spins or climbs I did.  I even tried hugging it and nada....after I whipped out the blow dryer, it was FINALLY warm enough for me to maintain enough grip to even spin on so that it stayed warm.  (xpert chrome)
Oct 7, 2011 from NC
AerialGypsy Paid Member

My pole is a TG and it doesn't take very long to warm up. All the metals take different lengths of time to warm up. Keep that in mind. I think chrome takes longer to warm up that TG, but I'm not positive as I have never used a chrome pole. Stainless takes a while to warm up.
Sephira

I am not exactly sure what you mean by warming up the pole.

I got a chrome x-pert.

I try to use it, I even use mighty grip gloves and grip cream...nothing....I can spin 1 time on 10 maybe.

Holds, forget them i slip down on the easiest ones...

It is really frustarting.

I will get a dehumidifier in my room, but I am afraid this time it won't change much.

I bought the pole to get better myself, not to go crazy to manage to work on it.

The r-pole sounds etter, you can work on the spin holds to make thm working...but if you slip down on every hold you try and even inversions you cna't do a thing!

They don't have brass pole here yet,I'll have to wait, but we got r-pole and fitpole.

I see mny people in my stuation,x-pole should think before realising those kind of products and warn about the down sides...probably the chrome is good only if you are really really really strong and the humidity balance where you live is perfect...
Oct 8, 2011 from La Spezia, Liguria, Italy
RoseMay

How long does it take for one person to break a pole in?

Funny thing is: Now that the weather gets colder I can actually get on my pole again without sliding right off I got a 50mm chrome x-pert.

During summer as soon as I was warmed up my body was covered in sweat so that I couldn't do anything on the pole. In a pole sit I would slide right down. (In germany we don't have air conditioning in our houses )

Tite grip helps for the hands, but I was always too lazy to use it on my whole body

For me the biggest problem with my pole is the sweat and my sweaty hands. I usually have to wipe the pole after every trick But, like I said, Tite Grip works wonders
Oct 8, 2011
Sephira

I will have air conditioner and dehumifier but still, the chrome is frustrating...I doubt it ill be ok.

Not even doing basic tricks on it, really makes wanna selling it....:/
RoseMay

Sephira, you're really slipping with the mighty grip gloves? Do you use the ones with tack or without tack?

When I use the gloves I'm sticking too much ...
Oct 8, 2011
Sephira

I assume the one with tack, you mean the blck sticky tissue,right?

In the begin they stick,after a short while,the hands get sweaty and they get slippery too.

At the studio even then it is quite ok, but at home no.... i really stick in the hands grip for few seconds and then I slip down.....
sexygyrl Paid Member
Warming up the pole- walking around the pole or doing spins creates a friction and when you touch the pole it is actually warm.
Oct 8, 2011 from NC
AerialGypsy Paid Member

Initially, when you walk up to a pole when it hasn't been used, touch it. it will feel cold. When you rub your hands all over the pole, the friction creates heat, and the pole becomes warm, and the metal becomes grippier. You can also warm up the pole by blowdrying it. 

If the poles at the gym work for you but yours does not, and they are both x pole, then it sounds to me like it is more of a matter of the pole needing to be conditioned and warm than anything else. Conditioning may take a couple of weeks depeding on how much you use it. 
Oct 8, 2011 from Oregon, United States
Sephira

I will try to blowdry it and see if it gets different.

At the studio they got the old x-pert, I got the new one.

At the studio the poles are not great even,they are just  little bit better.

Most of the times I can't spin at the pole, it doesn't let me.I slip down before I get to half of the spin.

I wonder if the brass pole would be better...I tried one years ago in a club in uk that was GREAT,but  couln't find it again anywhere.

It was gold and grippy at the right point for everybody so I guess it was brass?
Phoenix

I own a Chrome 45mm Xpole xpert I've had mine for 6 months and I still find it to be very slippery I've tried dawn dish soap to get that packaging film off when i first got it. Then for cleaning I've tried alcohol , vinegar, Windex,  acetone and a mighty grip cloth that you just spray with water and clean your pole. Out of all of them i find that the mighty grip cloth works best it's only $6.99 on badkitty and you can wash it and re-use it as many times as you like :) also I have VERY sweaty hands even with grip aid I slip or they will work at first and then stop. But i found that dew point works well on my legs, and elbow. I think It's just a matter of trial and error. Good luck! xo
Oct 8, 2011 from Saskatchewan, Canada
Sephira

what kind of error do you mean?

Anyway 6 months trying all that stuff and still the pole is slippery...makes me considering even more that the chrome is not right for me...
AerialGypsy Paid Member

If you sweat a lot, then you will always have an issue with hand grip, no matter what material, but brass may help a little. You'll will still need to wipe down the pole a lot. Strengthening your hand grip will help, and developing caulouses on your hands will also help.

Have you tried contacting platinum stages to see if they would ship to Italy? They ship to the UK. Also, Bobbi's poles is located in Australia, and they said they would ship to the U.S., so they might ship to Italy, but they are very expensive. Both of them have brass poles.

AerialGypsy Paid Member

If you try all the suggestions we give and you truly are unhappy, if you find an R pole or a brass pole and fall in love, then go for it!
Sephira

Hi,

thanks for the advises...

Blowdrying is the only thing I didn't try yet...so let's see after.

Getting platinum stages to europe is very expensive, at lest they told me last year, I don't know if something changed now but it might be a good idea.

I know fitpoles from Finland are very grippy, I was considering them as an alternative too, but in that case I'd have to sell the x-pole anyway, so I wanted to take some time to figure out if it was the case to do it or not.

Anyway the old x-poles were a bit better,not many complained but ith the new ones I heard many and not only here...it's weird.

AerialGypsy Paid Member

I don't think the new x pole metal has changed. They just changed the way they are put together. If you can get your pole warm and sticky, practice on it A LOT to get it conditioned. That should also improve the grip. 
jade s
I have the 45mm chrome pole xpert & it was super slippery when I first got it. I took a little bit of sandpaper to it and now it's much better. Just a few passes, hold it tight and go in both directions while turning it around the pole. Wipe it down really really well afterwards with a clear window cleaner. When my skin is super dry (most of the time) I also use a light spray grip.
Oct 8, 2011 from Fairfield, California, United States
AerialGypsy Paid Member

I'd be careful with the sade paper. The chrome on the x poles is only a plating, so the sand paper could potentially lead to chipping of the chrome if done incorrectly.
Oct 9, 2011 from Oregon, United States
smalltownboy
We all seem to have the similar problems and I am no different. I have tried all of the above with greater or lesser results but the two things that work the best for me are: 1. Make sure the pole is warmed up as well as myself and 2. (I haven't seen this mentioned) I make sure that the towel I use to dry myself after a pre-pole shower and the one I use between moves to wipe my pole and myself has not had any fabric conditioner put in the final rinse. In fact the towels are quite hard. I don't know if this is just my mind making me think that there is no conditioner residue in the towel so therefore it won't be on me or my pole, or if it is a case of mind over matter. Try it, it won't cost you a penny so you have nothing to lose.
Oct 9, 2011 from Norwich, England, United Kingdom
poleattack Paid Member

Hey

Im a pole teacher and have dealt and still deal with all types of hands and problems poles.

Things that work that havent effected my xpole

Acetone

Vodka

Kitchen surface cleaner that gets rid of greece

Hairspray directly onto pole or onto hands

tite grip lotion - brilliant x
Oct 9, 2011 from United Kingdom
DaniB

My xpole was very slippery too but I use rubbing alcohol to clean it and only when needed. To get rid of the slippery film, I literally rubbed by grip cream (tite grip) all over the pole - it made it gritty - then used the rubbing alcohol to clean it properly and it has been great since! I find that when I get dry skin, it makes it impossible to grip too but using some dew point on my legs (I never put it on my hands but I rub my legs together to spread the spray) I stick like glue! 

I know I was ready to give up with my pole before I decided to rub the grip all over it, but thats all completely changed now!
Oct 10, 2011 from Australia
pegasusaerialfitness

Try cleaning with acetone then rubbing some dry hands on it. Make sure it is warm too. Also, wash your hands first and be mindful of what type of products you used on your body and your hair. I found I was getting moraccian oil on the pole from my hair and it made it very sippery.
Oct 10, 2011 from Solana Beach, California, United States
Lyme Lyte Paid Member

I too have a Chrome pole....but just ordered a Lil Mynx colored powder coat  for better grip.  Should be here today.
Oct 10, 2011 from Grand Haven, Michigan, United States
jade s
Lyme Lyte, I just got the red coated pole about a month ago and love it! The grip on it makes me feel like I can do anything : ) Have fun!
Oct 10, 2011 from Fairfield, California, United States
yeiggam

I bought an xpole xpert when I started my level 2 class so I don't have to keep going to the studio and practice. I have an xpert gold and my friend has an xpert chrome, both of them is super slippery. I tried to do a basic invert and slip down to the bottom right away. I rub myself with grip and rub grip all over my pole and still going straight down!! I can do some basic spins but that's pretty much it. I asked some ppl and they did use sand paper to sand it down to get more grip, I think I might have to do that so i can practice my invert and dismount. Frustrated cuz I can't do any pullups and invert and ended up have to drive back to the studio to practice. Gonna get some sand paper tomorrow and see how it works.

Oct 12, 2011 from Houston, Texas, United States
Sephira

Let us know how it works...

if it goes well, I'll consider it too.

Is there any risck to ruin the pole with sanpaper?
Oct 12, 2011 from La Spezia, Liguria, Italy
RidgePole
I've had my chrome X-Pert for almost a year and have the same problem. It gets several hours of use per week but is still super slippery unless I really warm it up, which I don't always have time to do. Out of desperation, I tried giving the pole a light coating of hairspray, and (hooray!) it makes it just sticky enough that I don't slide off. I spray it on, let it mostly dry, and then dab off any big globs or drips with a microfiber towel. I don't know if it'll damage the finish over time (it seems to wipe off fine when I clean the pole), but it can't be any worse for the chrome than sandpaper.
Oct 12, 2011
VannyB

well i do feel much better that i wasnt the only on w the issue, at work i fly up and down but on the xpole i jump on and slide down =( i heard the sand paper worked the studio where i go have lil mynx, im thinking about buying one
Oct 13, 2011
Cherished Paid Member

My pole is a PS not an X but sometimes it goes slippery on me. When that happens I spray Cramer anti slip on a paper towel (just a bit) and wipe the pole. If it's too sticky then I wipe it again with some rubbing alcohol - 70%, more than that is too dry for me. That usually gets me back to the regular stick I have when my pole is being normal. You can try that to get it grip at the same level as your pole studio. If anyone tries it just don't put too much or you will stick so much your skin will hurt.
Oct 13, 2011
viki
I have an expert x pole too and you need to use a very low grade of sandpaper all over it and then pick up some dry hands hand grip. IT WORKS AWESOME!!!! I LOVE MY X POLE NOW... Hope that helps everyone..
Oct 14, 2011 from Cross Plains, Tennessee, United States
amy

Chrome plating is less than a tenth of a millimeter thick. if you are confident that you will not sand through that thin coating when you sand, then go for it. because if you break through it, then the chrome will start to chip off in jagged, sharp pieces.

otherwise-- DO NOT SAND A POLE UNLESS IT IS STAINLESS STEEL. 
Oct 14, 2011 from New York, New York, United States
viki
I agree do not go to deep with a very fine grade of sandpaper. do it like you would your nails with a nail file just scuff the surface enough to dull it that all. DO NOT USE CORSE SANDPAPER, JUST SUPER FINE GRADE. Hope that explains it better.
viki
I agree do not go to deep with a very fine grade of sandpaper. do it like you would your nails with a nail file just scuff the surface enough to dull it that all. DO NOT USE CORSE SANDPAPER, JUST SUPER FINE GRADE. Hope that explains it better.
yeiggam

My husband got me a #600 sand paper (the finest one) to sand down the pole, didn't work. So he got me a slighty thicker one, #400, seems to scratch the pole more ( I can see all the scratch mark under the light). Feels better on my hand, but once I do an invert, here we go again, went straight down. Sigh...maybe I try other method. I also order some thigh high boots. Maybe I will just have to wear the pleather boots and use it as a grip lol.
Nov 3, 2011 from Houston, Texas, United States
PussinBoots Previous Paid Member

I also have a chrome x-pole, gave ip trying to use it at home cause it was too slippery. Tried buffing it with a rough scourer which helped a little, but not enough. Yesterday we sprayed it with a can of brass finish spray paint, NOT BRASS COLOURED, brass finish. It's awesome! I can grip, climb, invert etc...
Dec 23, 2012 from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Lyme Lyte Paid Member

I am about ready to paint my brass pole!  Love the spin, the size but there is something with this cold weather that it just sweats.....literally!  I had small bead of water on it today!  Or I might "rough it up" a little....not sure what yet, but something!

Dec 23, 2012 from Grand Haven, Michigan, United States
AerialGypsy Paid Member

have you tried corn huskers lyme?
Dec 23, 2012 from Oregon, United States
Lyme Lyte Paid Member
Almost went to loom at Walmart today. U think it helps? U put it on ur Pole or what? Heck Cramers Hardley helps....
AerialGypsy Paid Member

you slather it on your body an it makes you tacky.
Lyme Lyte Paid Member

Some people think I am tacky minus the Cornhuskers!  LOL.....but I will try some for sure!  Thanks!
Saphyre Paid Member

AG, I have not been able to find Corn Husker's lotion in any stores for the life of me. Time to check the internet!
Dec 23, 2012 from Yorkville, Illinois, United States
AerialGypsy Paid Member
Yah it's online for sure!
Veena
Have you tied steam cleaning your brass? I find all grip aids leave a greasy residue and alcohol doesn't clean it off completly
Dec 23, 2012 from Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
poledanceromance
Also if you're not using a dehumidifier or a humidifier depending on what your air is like in the winter, or you're letting the temp swing a lot in the pole room, that can cause some of the sweating you're talking about.
Dec 24, 2012 from Sycamore, Illinois, United States
Ajrt2118 Previous Paid Member

I've had my x-pole for a couple of months and I'm pretty much on it every day in some form.  I use might grip on my hands and itac2 on my body.  I'll have so much mighty grip on i can't spin but as soon as I try my butterfly I slide right down.  I've cleaned the pole with a micro fiber cloth, with window cleaner like the pamphlet says and even got a kitchen brush and scrub a bit with the scrub side, blow dried it to warm it up and everything and I still can only do like 2 moves in a combo before my face is in the carpet. help! lol Trying to come up with a routine. I over compensate by inverting higher, but when I get to the studio I'm in the wrong position because I don't slip there. lol
Dec 30, 2012
blondebird
My x pole is 10 months old and I still find it slippy, more so then my older one. I tried sand papering my other one and it ruined it
Feb 1, 2014 from Pole Land, England, United Kingdom

azblanco Previous Paid Member
I LOVE what you have been doing with the site. Keep up the great work- I don't think anyone would EVER be able to manage and produce tutorials on this site as well as you do.
more testimonials