StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Slippery X-Pole! HELP!!

• Slippery X-Pole! HELP!!

Posted by nixica on May 5, 2011 at 1:41 pm

I have had my XPole for about 3 months now, and I can not for the life of my figure out why it is so slippery. I've use other poles, at work and at friends houses, and I don't have the same problems on them. There are so many tricks that I can easily do on other poles that I slide down trying on mine. I've tried cleaning it, I've tried using grip on my hands, I've tried wiping myself down with alcohol, but it doesnt work! If I clean it, I would have to clean it between each move that I try or its so slippery I can't do a simple spin.

Any suggestions? 

Veena replied 3 years, 10 months ago 46 Members · 91 Replies
  • 91 Replies
  • Mechie

May 5, 2011 at 2:02 pm

What’s the material?

I don’t have my own pole (yet), but I read that new XPole has a thin flim on them, to protect the pole from shipment. I heard acetone and distill vinegar can work wonders.

• nixica

May 5, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I have a chrome xpole sport

• LopsiJulie

May 5, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Yeah, mine is also slippy.  I like the challenge 🙂  I don't know, some days it works better than others.  I haven't figured out if it's because the pole is warm or cold…. overall confused about the whole thing.  Just keep trying!  Also, not all grips are the same.  Get Dewpoint if you can!  I hear it's really the best. 

xxxx

• cnelove14

May 5, 2011 at 4:28 pm

I have a chrome xpole x pert. I do notice that when i dont warm up the pole and its cold that it tends to be very slippery. i have very dry skin so i tend to slip off anyways. also the more u use ur pole the more the finish will begin to wear and it should become not as slick. when i first got my pole it was so slippery i couldnt do anything but now that ive had it for a bit its more gripable(is that even a word?lol). i have heard great things about dewpoint so i have decided to try it out because my hands are so dry. this is the first time i will have tried a grip aid so ill let u know how it works for me. climate, sweat and dry skin can also be big factors in pole grip as well. Sorry i dont have more helpful advice to givehttps://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif

• danzn16

May 6, 2011 at 7:54 am

my chrome xpole is extremely slippery too! i dont have this problem either at the poles at the studio i go to! i dont get it either! lol

• PoleNerd

May 6, 2011 at 8:25 am

I also have a chrome xpole (xpert). It has gotten significantly stickier over the past four months. I use vinegar to clean it.

I also find that the pole has to be completely warm – top to bottom – in order to stick. If any part of the pole feels cool (not cold), I will slide.

Maybe you have to take extra time to warm up your body and the pole? Perhaps the chrome takes longer to warm up than other finishes. Also, have faith that the pole will become stickier over time with constant use.

• Castleoutsider

May 6, 2011 at 7:53 pm

i remember seeing vds of girls using dryers to heat em up lolol

• Mechie

May 6, 2011 at 8:33 pm

@PoleNerd – question, does your chrome pole rust (not the whole pole…but specks and dots?) from cleaning too much?

• Viva

May 6, 2011 at 9:18 pm

My chrome x-pole is still super slippery….after 2 plus years!!
    Only thing that really works is rubbing pole with small amount of itac 2 grip right before training. Makes it really sticky — sometimes too much so! I don’t use itac on my hands as it can go slick. I have also used , which helps but it hasnt been quite the perfect solution I was hoping for! On a side note, is a body grip, do u spray it for example on ur tummy and thighs and behind the knees. It is not recommended for the hands 🙂

• PoleNerd

May 6, 2011 at 10:56 pm

@Mechie – I haven’t experienced any chipping from cleaning – I don’t clean my pole a lot, and when I do, I don’t use much vinegar.

Perhaps the alcohol is too harsh for your pole, but that doesn’t seem right. Do you actually see or feel the chipping happening? Do you wear jewelry or use anything else abrasive on your pole?

• PoleNerd

May 6, 2011 at 11:06 pm

There may be tiny breaks in the pole finish… then the inside of the pole is exposed to moisture, causing rust.

• yum yum

May 29, 2011 at 11:41 am

wow , glad so many other people are in the same situation. i was getting ready to trade mine in for a brass one. after reading all the comments , ill persevere. thanks to all (even though it was not my question) te he he 

• Jenn

May 29, 2011 at 8:01 pm

I have trouble gripping my chrome Xpert at times too, especially in the winter when it is dry and cold.  The best thing I can suggest is to really warm the pole up before going into inversion holds.  You can do this by dancing around the pole, doing two handed spins, slides, anything that transfers your body heat to the pole. It also helps you warm up as well. 

I wipe my pole with a combination of 1/2 rubbing alcohol and 1/2 water solution, using a microfiber towel.  For really bad days,  I use Firm Grip Spray (spray rosin) to give my pole  a light dusting. It has really worked for me.

http://www.cramersportsmed.com/products_catalog.jsp?catID=205&prodID=410&path=AT

• Cinara

May 29, 2011 at 8:58 pm

I've just discovered rubbing some shaving gel/foam into my legs (and therefore also my hands) before I start seems to help a lot on cold and dry days. 

• Jenn

May 29, 2011 at 9:41 pm

I've heard about using shaving cream, but have never tried it myself.  Does it matter which kind you use?

Page 1 of 7