StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions SS Platinum Stages Pole or Chrome X-Pole?

• SS Platinum Stages Pole or Chrome X-Pole?

Posted by BMichelle on September 20, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Hi!! I’ve recently started poling and am ready to switch from my novelty pole from Spencers to a high quality 45mm pole. I called the studio I go to and the owner told me that they use custom permanent 45mm chrome Platinum Stage poles so that is what I was on the look out for because my grip and the few moves I’ve learned are so much easier on the poles at the studio than my 50mm chrome novelty pole at home. The 50mm feels to big for my hands although I don’t find the finish to slippery or not slippery enough. But when I was on the Platinum Stage website, chrome is not an option for the one piece or multi piece removable poles. Only stainless steel or brass. Am I just missing something? I’ve heard stainless steel is extremely slippery but if you can learn to pole on it you can pretty much pole on anything. Also, I know that most people love their X Poles so that’s why I was considering the chrome XPert pole, but its so hard to decide and I’ve also heard horror stories about both companies customer service so it makes me nervous. I just want to make sure that I’m picking the right pole for me for the amount of money I’m going to spend on it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! 😊

BMichelle replied 9 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • AllysonKendal

September 20, 2014 at 2:37 pm

I’ve had (still have) 3 poles.

Xpole chrome. I found it pretty slippery, but useable. Warming it up is important.

The PS SS is my stage pole. I find the SS pretty grippy, much grip pier than my chrome when warm. But I heard this isn’t true of the xpole SS.

Then, my babbbbyyyy, A Titanium Gold Xpert. I’d recommend it, and I know a lot of people here would too. In the studio the poles get used a lot and are broken in and grippy. I love the TG and while its grippy, I never find it too grippy. I don’t need to warm it up as much.

• BMichelle

September 20, 2014 at 5:13 pm

@AllysonKendal thanks! I do keep seeing about the titanium gold poles and how much everyone loves them. I think I’ve shyed away from that because aesthetically I’ve always preferred silver over gold. But if it’s a better pole I will add it to my list lol. You’re the first person I’ve seen to say that the SS is grippier than the chrome but the fact that the poles in the studios are much more broken in is a point I never thought about. Who knew so much thought would go into choosing a pole?? lol

• AllysonKendal

September 20, 2014 at 5:55 pm

I used to like the silver better too… But you kind of adapt, now I love the gold.

I’ve heard the Xpole SS is slippery, but the PS SS is actually really grippy if you aren’t a big sweater. My dry skin makes me slip on Chrome, it was better on SS and best on the TG.

I know, it’s so much to think about!

• Lucca Valentine

September 20, 2014 at 6:39 pm

As far as X Poles customer service, I’ve been dealing with them a fair amount recently and it’s by far the best customer service I’ve ever experienced. To the point I think I will only ever buy x poles just because the support is so excellent.

Well, not JUST because of that, I also love my x pole! But they’re the only poles I’ve ever had so can’t really compare..I’m also a fan of the gold…I changed diameter at the same time I changed the finish so it’s hard to say what had the most effect but I can do so many more tricks than I could do on the 50 mm chrome.

I have dry skin like AllysonKendall and the chrome would have to be VERY warmed up for me to do the more advanced tricks, or even just climb. Although when it WAS warmed up I would stick pretty darn well. The gold I can climb without warming it up! Which is awesome. I used to have to worry about the chrome getting too cold if I was spending too long trying to find a song or just had to take a break.

• Lucca Valentine

September 20, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Aesthetically I like the silver too, but it’s been well worth the change

• BMichelle

September 20, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Y’all have just added another option for me to look at! I have found that my chrome pole does seem to get cold sometimes which sucks. I’m sure after a week or so I would adjust to the gold over silver, guess it really isn’t that big of a deal.

Also I seem to have a hard time gripping the 50mm with back of my leg, do you think the 45mm will help with that since it’s smaller? I know people say if you learn on a bigger pole is easier to adjust to smaller ones which is a plus, but the struggle at home is real sometimes and gets a little bit frustrating lol

• Jen loves coffee

September 20, 2014 at 8:41 pm

I have 3 PS SS star stand alone poles and I love them.I used to have a brass PS but I stuck way too much! I’m on the oily side but seem to get a good grip on the stainless.

• Jen loves coffee

September 20, 2014 at 8:43 pm

P.S.- I’m selling 2 if anyone local is interested!

• Tigerschic041721

September 20, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Me! How much and any issues/reason for selling? I’ve tried the PS Stand alone stainless and liked it but can’t comment as far as continued use. I looovvee lil mynx stainless but most people might not like having to install the perm mount. I think xpole is usually best for in home use just for the fact it has the dome that generally won’t damage your ceilings. I’ve tried the chrome xpole and it seemed ok although I’ve heard the chrome can chip eventually?? I have a brass xpole and hate it!! Cannot stick at all no matter what but I suppose that’s just body chemistry (dry skin for me). Interesting to hear that xpole stainless is slippy…I was considering that one but will think twice.

• Stephanie X Pole

September 23, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Oh No! I hope you haven’t heard horror stories about X-Pole Customer Service! At any rate- we are here for you and should you decide to go with an X-Pole- we offer both 45mm Chrome and 45mm Stainless Steel.
    Please email info@xpoleus.com with any questions! Thanks!

• Lucca Valentine

September 23, 2014 at 7:38 pm

FearlessPheonix I just saw your post! The 45 mm might help this, it just depends on the person. The gold finish might be more likely to help leg hangs than the diameter change. I personally saw no change in leg hangs, but those were never an issue for me. But the things I DID have issues with magically improved without feeling crazily different diameter wise….if that makes sense. Like it just felt more comfortable but not that the size was very different. The gold finish did take getting used to as far as static spins and stuff, you’ll have to get used to loosening your grip a bit.

As far as the training on a 50 mm making a 45 mm easier…well I guess that’s true cuz a lot of thing a were easier when I switched to the 45? When I got my 50 I thought the same thing you did, train for the toughest then you’ll be a superstar! Which may be true, but to be honest having a pole at home that I can do all the most fun tricks on has been cooler than trying to Rocky Balboa it on a 50 mm

• BMichelle

September 24, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Thanks everyone for all of your help!! I’m about 99% sure I’ll be going with a Chrome 45mm X Pole!!!