StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Recording pole vids

• Recording pole vids

Posted by Allgold78 on August 27, 2014 at 7:59 am

What do you use to record your videos with? I’ve used my phone but found it a real pain in the backside which is why I’ve only done one. Considering a webcam type thing – does anyone use anything different? What options are there before I just go and buy something I know nothing about?!

Allgold78 replied 9 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Alexis Corinne

August 31, 2014 at 11:46 pm

I use my iPad, or my professional camera on a tripod.

Webcams are ok, but you have to position them properly, or far away enough 🙂

• pr1nc3ss

September 1, 2014 at 12:33 am

I use my ipad and cute cut to edit

• happystace

September 1, 2014 at 8:58 am

I use my phone or my DSLR on a tripod if quality is important. I just lean my phone against something on my desk and use the front facing camera to capture footage. My videos automatically backup to Google Drive and I download them to my computer from there. I edit with Movie Maker or Adobe Elements. I’ve tried webcam but I wasn’t happy with the audio recording capabilities.

• WebJunk

September 1, 2014 at 9:07 am

This has been discussed before in several posts like this one:
    https://www.studioveena.com/forums/view/Best_Video_Camera_for_Pole_Videos_20140508075017

Also be aware that lighting is extremely important. Bad lighting with a great camera equals bad video. Most videos here and elsewhere online would be improved 1000% with simple lighting adjustment.

• Allgold78

September 4, 2014 at 6:58 am

Thanks all, and for the link WebJunk (I should really learn to search before asking a question!). From all this I’ve come to the decision and gone for a webcam. It’s nothing fancy and very cheap but I think is better than my ipad and phone. Better get recording now then!! 😉