StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole Sleeve Giving Me Fits!!!

• Pole Sleeve Giving Me Fits!!!

Posted by Lanea017 on September 1, 2014 at 9:33 am

Hi Everyone!!! I recently added 2 new poles to my collection (yay)!!! Anyhooo I went with Platinum Stages Semi Permanent One Piece Super Poles. I dig the poles but there is this long sleeve at the bottom that covers the nuts/tightening mechanism. If I remove the sleeve the nuts are exposed and my hands touch the nut area during low moves. 😉 If I leave the sleeve it also gets in the way of low moves. Has anyone else dealt with this? I really wish I would have known about the sleeve before purchasing! Please help!!!

Lanea017 replied 9 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • korinne

September 1, 2014 at 11:41 am

Our studio uses PS poles. We take the sleeves off and make them top loading so the screw is not in the way. Top loading means leave the base and the top plate where they are but flip the actual pole around so the screw goes into the top. PS poles are designed to work either way.

• korinne

September 1, 2014 at 11:46 am

I attached a pic so you can see. If you want to do this and need help, let me know. I can talk you through it.

• Lanea017

September 1, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Thank you so much! We were wondering if it could be flipped! Yay!

• korinne

September 1, 2014 at 12:08 pm

It’s a little more difficult to level it because it’s top loading and you definitely need a ladder to adjust, but once it’s up it’s actually in theory more stable than a bottom-loaded pole.

• Lanea017

September 1, 2014 at 12:34 pm

Cool! I’ll let you know how it goes! My other ps pile is permanent so I didn’t have this issue.

• Lanea017

September 1, 2014 at 7:21 pm

The flip work out great! Thank you so much!