StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions PLEASE HELP!! Possible Fraud at Expo! Anyone remember the location of Phat Buddha’s stand? I need to know!

• PLEASE HELP!! Possible Fraud at Expo! Anyone remember the location of Phat Buddha’s stand? I need to know!

Posted by CrazyKosters on September 13, 2014 at 5:12 pm

So I checked my bank account and noticed that Phat Buddha yoga wear charged my CC $400 dollars…I can’t figure out if it was an outfit I bought for $40 or the sale yoga shorts i bought for like $20. My bank said they had manually put in my card number…I remember using cash for most and the rest had card scanners..I never purchased $400 for anything! I am sooo pissed to have to deal with this shit. They are closed for the weekend and I can’t wait until monday to have them contact me back. I have all my receipts in my email and 2 paper receipts. Not one says from phat buddha except i have a phat buddha bag but I can’t remember what it was!! The one I think it came from the lady didn’t know what she was doing and the other girl had to help her and tell her what to do..

The receipt from there is just a generic pink (carbon) receipt that says my name and email and the name of the outfit I bought, thats it. No order number or price..Urggh!! I am sooo pissed right now. I believe it was my 2 piece I bought across from the pole silks stand right by the ridiculously priced photography stand.. Or it was my skull and cross bones yoga shorts I bought up in the ballroom 1 where all the workshops were.. I know I bought something from them because i have a bag that says phat buddha. My biggest purchase was my pole silks, I would never spend $400 on fricken yoga shorts or any outfit. Here is all that i bought..Certainly not $400. Anyone recognise anything from phat buddha? I need to figure this out. I will pay what i purchased but I am not paying for a fucking typo..

Veena replied 9 years, 6 months ago 13 Members · 39 Replies
  • 39 Replies
  • CrazyKosters

September 13, 2014 at 5:21 pm

I was wearing my cleo the hurricane leggings and the to to the bikini so that is not in the pic but that is all I bought!!

• CrazyKosters

September 13, 2014 at 5:23 pm

*top. The only thing i don’t remember where i bought it from is the blue skull and crossbones yoga shorts with the ZEET name on it and the blingy outfit…The rest is alethea and cleo, fabpole and the venetian hotel..

• CrazyKosters

September 13, 2014 at 5:24 pm

*with the Z on it not zeet even though that is what it says on the tag lol. I wish we could edit! lol

• AllysonKendal

September 13, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Ugh!!!! I’m sure it’ll get handled. But how annoying! Glad you caught it.

• CrazyKosters

September 13, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Thanks. i figured it out. It was my blingy outfit pictured. It was $40 not $400. I had to look at the expo map to remember. I remember the lady having a hard time and someone else had to help her so I think it was just a typo or something. They better fix it. I hope I didn’t sign for it and not realizing it said $400! I have the receipt though but there is no price or order number!! What? Just my name, email, and the name of the outfit.

• Lee lee

September 13, 2014 at 9:13 pm

I didn’t buy anything from them so I can’t speak from experience, but fingers crossed that it was just an unfortunate typo. I hope that you get it figured out once the weekend is over.

• chemgoddess1

September 14, 2014 at 8:20 am

I am sure that it was an honest mistake. All you need to do is contact your bank and file a dispute. They will place the money back into your account until the dispute is resolved. Posting on a semi public forum without all of the puzzle pieces is not the way to handle this.

• CrazyKosters

September 14, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Actually thats why i said POSSIBLE fraud. Because of what my bank told me. That is a big honest mistake to make and i have dealt with this stuff before and it is a pain in the ass so really they should pay more attention to what they are doing instead of causing problems for their customer so I have every right to come on a forum and ask questions. How do you know it wasn’t a mistake?? Do you? Didn’t think so. I know what to do and i did all that already. I can post whatever I want. I was posting to try to get all the puzzle pieces until I remembered I had the expo map and figured it out for myself. I was asking a question and if you didn’t have an answer except to tell me what i shouldn’t be doing then don’t bother. I am a big girl and can say and do what i want. I was pissed off and frustrated, you don’t know what else is going on in my life and my financial situation so you really have no say in anything.

• AllysonKendal

September 14, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Ugh. I hate myself for chiming in right now… Sometimes I can’t keep my big mouth shut!

I don’t think there was any issue with you posting this. There are people posting complaints about all sorts of companies on here… From big to small. Platinum Stages comes to mind, and even people complaining about Glitter Heels.

In my opinion as long as you update the forum with “ok, I called them on Monday and they were really helpful” or “when I spoke with them they told me they wouldn’t refund me” then that’s fine.

It’s a huge headache and hassle and it’s ok to share that experience. Maybe it was intentional.. Or “fraud”… But once when I was tight on cash and pregnant Panera charged my credit card like 999.00 instead of 9.99 and I bugged out…. So I get that.

The glitter heels thread actually maybe detered me from ever placing an order… This thread just made me realize I should read and save my receipts!

• AllysonKendal

September 14, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Maybe it WASN’T intentional is what I meant to say, but you get the point

• Phoenix Hunter

September 14, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Well, it’s definitely worth posting because maybe other people here bought items from this shop and they need to check their bank statements. somebody could have hacked the shop’s financial data or they just screwed up because they didnt know how to use their credit card system. something like this can easily go unnoticed so it’s good for others to check and see if it happened to them too

• Phoenix Hunter

September 14, 2014 at 8:19 pm

by the way allysonkendal, my experience with glitterheels was similar to others. it took about 10 weeks. I got no response from email,etc. I accidentally found out from tiffany’s facebook page that she had been hospitalized and maybe that had something to do with the delay. but no one ever told me anything and I was worried that I just wasnt going to get them. well, they finally arrived. they are gorgeous. I would order from her again because I know I will get the shoes, but they will take forever. I actually learned how to glitter my own shoes and feel like I dont need to order from her, especially if I had time constraints. But hers look so nice. mine were nice , just not as neat as hers. maybe my technique will get better. 🙂 i would only order from her if you dont mind waiting 2 months for them. sorry to get off topic…

• CrazyKosters

September 14, 2014 at 8:57 pm

I did update the thread. Even Before that response about “This isn’t the way to handle it” I just don’t like people that think they know how people should handle things and do things especially when they know nothing about the person and their situation. And to come on a public forum and tell people what they should and shouldn’t be posting is pretty snooty to me. Sorry but that’s my opinion. I have nothing against anyone here, still, and people can have their opinions. I still think i was in the right to post this and i wasn’t coming out and saying it was def fraud and blowing shit out of proportion, I even said i will pay for what I bought but I wasn’t going to pay for a typo, so it wasn’t like i came out and was saying they ripped me off on purpose..

Pheonix Hunter makes a great point. I may not be the only one. And you never know, it could be fraud. Phat Buddha is a legit company so i was thinking more of a typo but when my bank said they manually put in my card and everything else, it threw up red flags because I used cash and the rest was scanned with credit card scanners so i didn’t understand why they manually put everything in…Besides those phone card scanners are sketchy to me so I was on it! I am not going to feel bad because I posted this. Period.

• Veena

Administrator
    September 15, 2014 at 10:58 am

Chem, I love you and I see what you’re saying….Yes, we don’t encourage members to post unresolved company issues, however Crazycoasters is a very active member and I know she wouldn’t post something to try and make a company look bad! The post was that of someone who was worried and not trying to bad mouth or cause trouble. I was not concerned, she knew many sv members where at expo and it seemed she was looking for anyone who had a similar experience, because she was worried. I have no doubt she will update us once it’s resolved.

Not being able to contact a business worries me too! We try to make ourselves available to our customers as much as possible weekends, holidays and even through family issues we’ve taken care of business. It’s not easy but we try our best!

• chemgoddess1

September 15, 2014 at 12:27 pm

What I wrote was not meant as a jab or to inflame anyone. I am quite surprised that I have gotten the reaction that I have. The language that was used accusing the vendor and making comment about the booth worker I felt was more rude than what I typed. Many of the comments people have made about other companies have been after they have made contact and the issue was resolved or not resolved.

Page 1 of 3