StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Omni Gym…do u still like it?

• Omni Gym…do u still like it?

Posted by Legs4Days on April 19, 2014 at 12:18 pm

I read an older thread about omni gyms and Im looking into them. If u have one, do u still like it? I only want the rocket stand, yoga sling (not swing) and some type of bar…maybe trapeze but not sure. I can’t install anything in ceiling again so this looked great. I have talked to Dwizie and she loves hers!

Webmaster replied 9 years, 7 months ago 8 Members · 22 Replies
  • 22 Replies
  • Dancing Paws

April 21, 2014 at 12:26 pm

I like mine, but it is HUGE! It takes up most of my living room. There is only 1 rig point on it, so I’m not sure a trapeze would work on it (unless you mean the triangle trapeze thing they sell.)

• Webmaster

Administrator
    April 21, 2014 at 12:35 pm

If you are considering an Omni-Gym, consider waiting. There is something new coming out that is in the same price-range but more versatile, with multiple configurable rig points, height adjustments from 5 to 11 feet and portability that has the Omni-Gym whooped.

• Legs4Days

April 21, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Oh Webby…do tell…!

• Webmaster

Administrator
    April 21, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Unfortunately I’m sworn to secrecy right now.

• Legs4Days

April 21, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Ohhh ok…can u tell me about how long it will be before it makes an “appearance?”

• tigerlillies

April 21, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Yeah I would love to see what the new thing is any idea how long it will be before the put it out on the market?

• Dwiizie

April 22, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Ok I’m curious!!! >:-) Love my omni. Better would have to be pretty fantastic!.

• Dwiizie

April 22, 2014 at 10:31 pm

I’ve been waiting forever for the pole attachment to come out for it, but I also can’t see doing spins and things with the way its constructed. The portability is nice, but I don’t travel a whole heck of a lot.

• Ariabella

April 30, 2014 at 7:22 am

Shopping for first aerial swing. Any tips or suggestions? Webmaster, when will the new portable mount be available?

• Dancing Paws

April 30, 2014 at 10:26 am

There are several swing options. Obviously omni gym. They are padded, which has it’s good and bad. The material isn’t as wide as other swings, so you can’t lay out in it like a hammock.

Aerial empowerment sells hammocks by themselves that are nice (I have one.)

Fly gym is similar to omni gym swings with a little design difference. It comes with 3 slings and handles.

• Juanita Blake

April 30, 2014 at 4:01 pm

I have Omni Gyms in my studio and love them but am curious of the newest invention!

• Ariabella

May 1, 2014 at 7:04 pm

Has anybody rigged wall to wall with load bearing chain for the aerial swing to hang from? I can find my wall studs but not my ceiling joists.

• Webmaster

Administrator
    May 1, 2014 at 7:12 pm

I wouldn’t recommend rigging from wall to wall. Wall studs are positioned to hold a ceiling up but lacks the lateral stability to support an apparatus hanging between them.

• Ariabella

May 1, 2014 at 9:14 pm

I have a stud finder. It finds wall studs but is not finding the ceiling joists. I tried to work from the duct work out – still could not find them. Any suggestions on how to locate the joists for a third floor top corner unit?

• Webmaster

Administrator
    May 1, 2014 at 9:22 pm

If you are having trouble finding the joists I would highly suggest that you hire a professional. Hanging an apparatus is no small feat and doing it improperly can result in serious injury and damage to the property.

Page 1 of 2