StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Olga Trifonova in the olympics

• Olga Trifonova in the olympics

Posted by uzkebasi on February 7, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Hey girls, I read that Olga Trifonova, the 11 year old pole dancing winner of Russia’s Got Talent, was supposed to perform at the opening ceremony of the Sochi olympics today. I wasn’t able to watch the ceremony and I can’t find any info online- did anybody see whether she was actually there? Here’s her winning routine for reference! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf8TCQkAx1o

PoleFun replied 9 years, 7 months ago 13 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • grayeyes

February 7, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Thanks for sharing–I had not seen that. Her performance exactly demonstrates one of my (several) concepts of what pole really is–in this case, to me, a vertical gymnastics bar–beautiful.

• CrazyKosters

February 7, 2014 at 6:43 pm

I just posted this on fb and pretty much said this is pole dancing and this can be artistic, graceful, and NOT DIRTY. Most people are ignorant and know not of what they speak. Most people assume stripper or this is dirty and morally wrong.. It’s time that perception changes and people realize that if you choose to view something a certain way that that’s your perception and not necessarily what it really is. Don’t get me wrong, I love the sexy but not everyone does and this sport needs recognition for what it is and can be, not some idealistic perceptions of ignorance.

• Lina Spiralyne

February 7, 2014 at 8:21 pm

If Olga becomes the first world wide pole celebrity also OUTSIDE the pole and aerial community, we can feel proud to have started before her 🙂

• adAstra

February 7, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Olga would be perfect for the Olympics–she has that focus on technical elements above all other elements. Her style reminds me of Shizuka Arakawa from figure skating the last winter olympics.

• PerfectInperfection

February 7, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Thank you for this post. I dont know if Olga Trifonova was in the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics in Sochi. What I do know is that Olga is very talented. The combination of that song and her performance almost brought me to tears (tears of joy that is).

• Sierra Taye

February 7, 2014 at 9:33 pm

She is there… She is the little girl with the red balloon. I thought she would be poling. :/

• PerfectInperfection

February 7, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Oh. Is she the 5th grader who is expressing the history of Russia through a series of dreams. It was beautiful. Very artistic and technically advanced

• OopseyDaisey

February 8, 2014 at 1:08 am

I did not see Olga in it. The girl playing Lubov (the girl who holds the red balloon and flies through the air) was played by Liza Temnikova. There was a man holding a Chinese (split grip) flag on a pole in a car during the part with athletes driving down the street in little red cars, but haven’t seen Olga.

• Meg Smith

February 8, 2014 at 1:22 am

BUT there was a male pole dancer at the opening…….https://www.facebook.com/alexmagalaofficial – Im yet to see his performance though 🙂

• Meg Smith

February 8, 2014 at 1:29 am

Just read OopseyDaisey comment. That could of been him then! Hoped he would have been able to do more of a ‘routine’ if it was indeed him 🙂

• Smaed1

February 8, 2014 at 5:46 am

Hi! I watched and waited all night to see her, but maybe I fell asleep 🙁 because I didn’t see anything.
    Does anyone know if she actually Performed? If so, was it a pole dance? If anyone saw it and has a link… Please, send it my way. 🙂

• RobynPoleDancer

February 8, 2014 at 1:37 pm

I think I read somewhere that there was some “additional vote” that had it all had to go through to get to the olympic show?

• ABCsofBeijing

February 10, 2014 at 9:09 am

I was also searching all over for a video of her in the ceremony and couldn’t find anything.

• PoleFun

August 27, 2014 at 2:36 pm

she is so amazing! can anyone please know where she may be performing next i am in europe for few months would love to see her preform live!