StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Must Have Moves?

• Must Have Moves?

Posted by PolerinaCanada on September 21, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Just wondering if you guys have thoughts about moves that you use a lot for transitioning into other stuff. For example, I find brass monkey to be a useful go-to because you can sit up from it, go into janeiro, split variations or flag, etc. With so many moves out there, I’m trying to figure out what to work on next! Any thoughts on moves that are good gateways to other things?

Veena replied 9 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Runemist34

September 21, 2014 at 11:58 pm

I’m not great with aerial moves yet, but I know that Felix Cane uses the Apprentice (or Thigh rest around here) for a lot of her transitions- she even says so in her DVDs when teaching said move.
    I’m sure I’ll find mine one day! I have a lot of ideas… I just need to become stronger for them 🙂

• dustbunny

September 22, 2014 at 9:03 am

A solid Gemini will take you into loads of moves!

• Veena

Administrator
    September 22, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Pole sit, Gemini, scorpio, thigh rest, split grips, planks, thigh holds, I could go on and on…something to keep in mind… almost every new hot move that pops up is a variation of or enters from a what I would call fundamental moves. You’ll find fundamental moves listed on our Gallery. If you know theses you can work on some of the crazier things.