StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions ‘Length’ of a freestanding stage pole

• ‘Length’ of a freestanding stage pole

Posted by miekel1992 on August 19, 2014 at 9:23 am

Hi guys:) I was looking for a new pole and it actually has to be a freestanding stage pole because of my weird ceiling :’)
    I have looked into the R-pole before and they still seem pretty amazing to me.. But the ‘shortest’ one is 2.2. metres in length and I am really wondering if that is long enough to pole on?
    Hope you guys can help me with this question:)

miekel1992 replied 9 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Leanne Love

August 19, 2014 at 11:23 am

My old bedroom had pretty low ceilings, probably around that height. I suppose it depends on your height but I am 5 foot 4.5 inches (~1.64 meters) tall and I was able to pole. The only issue was that I could not climb much, but I was still able to practice inverted tricks and such.

• Amaranth

August 19, 2014 at 11:34 am

I’d really say it depends on your height and what you’re happy to practice. I got so frustrated when I got beyond beginner moves because my ceilings were too low and so my pole was too short. It meant a lot of what I learnt ended up with horrible scrunched up legs, or with me kicking the ceiling. Lots of stubbed toes, really quite painful!

Maybe measure yourself standing on tiptoes with your arm stretched upwards (may need a friend to help!) to get an idea of the sort of space you’ll need to do inverted moves comfortably, and go from there. Essentially, 2.2 metres will likely mean you can invert, but it won’t give you much space to play with when you’re there. Moves like extended butterfly will probably be difficult to position. However, there will be plenty of tricks you can train, you just have to be ready for the limitations.

• polesilks

August 19, 2014 at 8:03 pm

Hi speak to steve at Rpole direct. They do a 2.5 freestanding buy im sure he will do a bespoke one piece. Polesilks sales team UK

• miekel1992

August 20, 2014 at 5:08 am

Thank you all for the answers:) I was wondering if it would be good enough.. but maybe I’ll just save up more and go for the 2.5 metre pole:)