StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions I’ve turned into a monkey

• I’ve turned into a monkey

Posted by Invertedmonkey on October 18, 2013 at 3:22 am

Yep, a monkey. (I’m thinking a cute chimp)

Meaning I am constantly climbing, inverting, swinging from, u name it on absolutely anything I can get my monkey hands on. It’s like I now have this constant itch which I need to scratch by all types of monkey business imaginable. I’m talking lamp posts, trees, playgrounds, pull up bars at the gym or park, monkey bars, Olympic Rings, ropes, silks, trapezes – the works! I’m constantly assessing the climb ability of everything around me and if it looks possible, I need to go there. I actually feel like an addict in desperate need of my next fix and if I can’t get it, I can even get a bit antsy and agitated. This even makes me think twice about wearing dresses when going out or wearing some shorts underneath just in case the itch strikes and I need to climb!

Fellow monkeys out there?

Invertedmonkey replied 10 years, 5 months ago 7 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Beckypolegirl

October 18, 2013 at 3:43 am

I totally know how you feel I am exactly the same lol I take my kids to the park and I am playing more then them, I see some scaffolding I can’t resist doing a flag, lampposts and trees aren’t safe either lol I love it 🙂

• Silver Sylph

October 18, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Lol, I know that feeling! I’m always catching myself sizing things up for climbability too, only polers would understand, I’m convinced other people think I’m bonkers!

• Veena

Administrator
    October 18, 2013 at 10:46 pm

What a fun post!!!!

• SToast

October 19, 2013 at 11:49 am

When I take my son to the park it's all I can do to not invert on "fire pole". The other moms around here don't appreciate it. Sometimes we go to the park when I know there won't be many other people there for just this reason. Isn't if funny how everything has potential once you start pole?

• eatvegancookies

October 19, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Yes…monkeys!  And Silver Sylph I know what you mean about "sizing things up!"  My neighborhood is full of gay bars…There's a club on my block and I'm always looking at these shiny gold poles that hold up the awning…ignoring the fabulously dressed people waiting to get in! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• grayeyes

October 20, 2013 at 7:13 pm

I haven't turned into a monkey yet, but I can see how it would happen.  Sounds like pole Parkour.