StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Is there any hope for a 46 yr old newbie?

• Is there any hope for a 46 yr old newbie?

Posted by Cazzzz on August 14, 2014 at 6:48 pm

I’ve been an exercise for most of my life. Not terribly athletic, but exercise to look good and feel good. That’s about all the background I have. I know it take time and dedication to accomplish anything, but am I being realistic here? I think I can get this pole skill set. I think I can. I think I can.

dlp5057 replied 9 years, 7 months ago 22 Members · 26 Replies
  • 26 Replies
  • BagLady

August 14, 2014 at 6:59 pm

I’m 29 and have not been very into exercising. Judging just from what you can see of women on this sight- YES! Definetly! Some of the women I most admire on here are 50+.
    It’s also encouraging to progress & keep at it because every time you do it you feel really good, so even when you don’t get moves right away you still want to practice them for the adrenaline.

• MeganJoan

August 14, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Absolutely! There’s a woman at my studio about your age and she loves it.
    I see zero reason why you can’t pick up pole dancing just as well as any exercise regime 🙂

• WebJunk

August 14, 2014 at 7:36 pm

You should read this old discussion and add yourself:
    https://www.studioveena.com/forums/view/534f2546-1450-43f1-808f-22d60a9aa0eb
    Plenty of over 40, over 50 and yes there are some over 60.
    If you follow Veena’s 30 Day Take-off you will be amazed even before the 30 days is up.

• Veena

Administrator
    August 14, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Oh yeah, so many over 40 here!!

• Polebull

August 14, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Yep, I’m 46, have been poling a year, and am competing for the first time in Sept. It’s never too late to learn, grow, and have fun!

• Cazzzz

August 14, 2014 at 8:52 pm

I’m curious as all get out to see how long it’s going to take me to “get it.”
    Wow, WebJunk, there are a ton of post in that over-40 thread you suggested. Thanks for pointing it out! 🙂

• WebJunk

August 14, 2014 at 9:04 pm

There are also a lot of us over 50 too but you youngins are welcome as well!!!

• Cuwoody

August 15, 2014 at 10:28 pm

I am 44 and only been poling 1.5 years. There’s definitely hope. Just stick with it and rejoice in the small victories along the way. Some things take longer to develop than others. Flexibility is definitely more of a challenge for me than the younger ones. I have accepted there are some moves that require a lot of flexibility that I may never be able to do well, but I can still do way more than most my age and I am stronger than I have ever been in my life. Age is just a number.

• Lucca Valentine

August 15, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Yup! One of my instructors didn’t start till she was 45 and she’s 10 years down the road and still poling up a storm!

• hookedonpole

August 15, 2014 at 11:19 pm

A WAY over 50 here, started at almost 50 yrs old. As for how long will it take, everyone is different, and every spin/trick/transition is different. The key is don’t compare yourself to others (which I have to watch myself!) and have fun. It can be hard work, but worth it. Let us know how it goes!!!

• Juels

August 16, 2014 at 3:48 pm

DEFINATELY!!!! I started at 40 and there was a lady in my class that was in her 70’s and poling for the first time. She was awesome, she did everything everyone else did…inverts and all! I agree with Hookedonpole…don’t compare yourself to anyone else regardless of age or experience. Have a BLAST!

• kerryintpa5706

August 16, 2014 at 3:53 pm

I started when I was 49, am 50 now, and absolutely love it!!

• Lyme Lyte

August 16, 2014 at 6:19 pm

I started at your age and loved it, but have had health issues, so really haven’t been on the pole for over a year. But YES, do it, you will love it!

• s3r3nkk3

August 16, 2014 at 6:43 pm

oh yes Cazz, do it and you will never look back! Do not rush things, take your time and share your experience with all of us here in SV! Most of all, just have fun: learning to pole is all about the journey, like everything else! Looking forward to reading more from you.

• Jenn1989

August 16, 2014 at 7:18 pm

At the studio I go to there is also a lady in her 70s who comes in sometimes and does spins and everything, she’s awesome!

Page 1 of 2