StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Is spin mode more ergonomic?

• Is spin mode more ergonomic?

Posted by BlithePoler on September 21, 2014 at 7:16 pm

My wrist wraps the pole when i do spins and whatnot on static. Which is a no-no right? Spin helps keep my wrists straight. Is it bad if i only want to use spin mode? Thoughts anyone?

Veena replied 9 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Lucca Valentine

September 21, 2014 at 7:51 pm

I’ve thought this exact thing…spin mode just seems to much better for wrists/shoulders

• Lucca Valentine

September 21, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Lots of people work only on spin mode so you should be fine! A benefit of static can be the ease of learning holds/more difficult moves without spinning.

• PolerinaCanada

September 21, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Wrist wrapping usually means you are holding on too tight. Think about pushing the heel of your hand forward whenever you are doing spins on the static pole and loosen your grip just a bit. Hope it helps! : )

• Veena

Administrator
    September 21, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Great question! I do feel for some dancers spin can be better for the wrist etc. Something else to keep in mind, the size of the pole, and the size of your grip. If you have small hands on a large diameter pole it can be more challenging to grip with out over gripping!

Building up the strength you need for static spins and not working on them too often can help save your wrists, elbows and shoulders too! I personally do not work on many spins, MY body doesn’t like it, I’m taller with long limbs, I’ve never had strong wrists, and I want a long pole life so I try to stay within my limits! If I plan on doing many spins I make sure to work on conditioning exercises for a few sessions before I do a heavy static spin session. You would want to condition longer if you are NEW to pole. xoxo