StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Instagram Bandwagon

• Instagram Bandwagon

Posted by PassionForDance on September 13, 2014 at 12:26 pm

During the Expo in Vegas last weekend, I was convinced that Instagram was a great way to connect and gain inspiration in the pole dance community (or pretty much any community for that matter). So I jumped on the bandwagon for both of those reasons and because I didn’t really want to marry my facebook world to my aerial arts world. Kind of the same reason I have different email accounts that serve different purposes.

Now I need help navigating how to find the pole dance individuals and groups stars, because usernames are not always real names. Do you have instagram? Why or why not? Where do you draw inspiration?

iheartpole replied 9 years, 3 months ago 17 Members · 23 Replies
  • 23 Replies
  • GlitterSteph

September 13, 2014 at 2:27 pm

I do! I haven’t found a lot but my favorite is Pole dance nation! They post daily and inspire me tons! I hate hash tags so I have instagram and hash tag there to join pages then post separate on my Facebook lol. Mine is @stephandcoconut aND they should be #PoleDanceNation

• Veena

Administrator
    September 13, 2014 at 2:34 pm

I’m on Instagram and I post pretty much daily. Studioveena

• kesarini

September 13, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Yay very cool! I am Kesarini on IG too. Find me on there. One good way to find polers is to see who people follow and go from there. So you could see who I follow and also follow people you like, then see who they follow and so on. What’s your username?

• WebJunk

September 13, 2014 at 6:19 pm
  • Sierra Taye

September 13, 2014 at 6:21 pm

I’m on Instagram as sierrataye and I find people to follow based on who likes photos I like! I also follow pole dance nation and veena. 🙂

• CrazyKosters

September 13, 2014 at 7:09 pm

I’m KrazyPolerChick on instagram but I too just opened up. I remember meeting you at expo 🙂 Instagram is kinda dumb imo..They also pretty much own your pics once posted. So photographers beware lol..

• Lucca Valentine

September 13, 2014 at 10:27 pm

I’m Lucca_Valentine and I find polers just from who posts on my photos or who posts on friends photos, then it ends up a little wormhole and I’ve found quite a few people that are fun to follow! I find myself on my pole Instagram much more than me personal instagram cuz the news feed is a million times more interesting. Normal life can be boring after awhile! Now, pole tricks and hooping…I can look at that all day!

If I am working on a certain move I will look at the hash tag of that move and see what other people’s look like. This has helped to find entrances/exits/all kinds of things I never knew about! Instagram has turned out to be way more helpful than I thought it would be! It’s nice to be able to watch different pole tricks and stuff while waiting in line or doing something that doesn’t allow for a lot of time to longer videos….(or in class when I’m not supposed to be doing it at all…)

• PassionForDance

September 14, 2014 at 1:38 am

Thanks for all the feedback, y’all! I’m DanceCookPlay_MEA as you may all soon find me among your newest fans 😉 You ladies are awesome, and PoleDanceNation has some spectacular photos!

CrazyKosters, you bring up a good point about the pics… But an even more frightening truth is anything posted on the internet never completely disappears– because things are retrievable, and anything that connects to the internet can get hacked and threaten anything that resides in the memory of your computer. Even that camera on your smartphone can be accessed and some creep could be watching from some sketchy hideaway. Sorry to freak everyone out, but its a scary world!

Anyway, I’ve learned so far from IG that it combines aspects of Pinterest and Facebook so its not as foreign as I thought it would be. Lucca, I’m excited to see what talent lies within this maze of follower wormholes! And its really nice that there are videos of different individuals doing their pole moves. For me to wrap my head around a trick, I need to see it performed more than I need it verbally explained to me. But Veena, you’re video breakdowns are probably the best way to learn at home!

• PassionForDance

September 14, 2014 at 2:21 am

I have more questions because I haven’t done much with the videos on my phone that I’d like to share…

What do you think is the best photo and video collage app? Can you edit videos, play music, and add in text?

• Lucca Valentine

September 14, 2014 at 3:35 pm

That I don’t know much about…I mostly upload videos directly from my phone and if it doesn’t fit right I just use cropvs

• PolerinaCanada

September 17, 2014 at 1:22 am

I love instagram for pole inspiration! I just search hashtags like #poletricks #lyricalpole #polechoreo #poledancer etc. My addy is @polerina if you want some lyrical choreo inspiration or new tricks 🙂

• pinkhairspray

September 23, 2014 at 11:13 pm

i’m @nitajs on instagram!! I mostly search for #pole #poleart to find inspiration.

• Lucca Valentine

September 23, 2014 at 11:14 pm

#contemporarypole has been rockin my world too

• SeienDesuYo

September 25, 2014 at 10:19 am

In addition to surfing around for pole trick and tips, I also use Instagram to find flexibility and yoga routines and poses. I learned how to do the splits because of it! I found it to be helpful especially when polers post the flexibility warm-ups they use before they dance. It’s really helped me overall to become a better pole dancer, I think.

• Bendy Bella

September 25, 2014 at 10:37 am

@SeienDesuYo do you mind posting some of the IG names you’ve discovered?

Page 1 of 2