StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions If you don’t have our lessons why?

• If you don’t have our lessons why?

Posted by Webmaster on August 15, 2014 at 6:21 pm

For those of you who haven’t purchased the lessons. Why do you choose not to?

We’ve had loads of feedback on what makes our lessons great. I feel like we’re stuck in a bubble when trying to market and make changes and I’d love some feedback on what we can change and improve.

garynnnjb5232 replied 9 years ago 80 Members · 196 Replies
  • 196 Replies
  • BkM1

August 15, 2014 at 6:55 pm

I enjoy reading the message posts so much, but I would prefer a long free trial period or a better yet a steep discount on the first year for the lessons to make sure it is something I will actually use. I have paid for subscriptions to websites before and then realized there wasn’t as much to it as I thought. If the website was something I used a lot it would definitely be worth the full price upon renewal.

There was a pole studio in my town, so the online lessons weren’t really necessary before, but the studio went out of business. Now all we have are aerial silks which is still fun, but, not as good as a pole! So I am thinking about Studio Veena again. Wishing for a 1st time customer sale…

• BkM1

August 15, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Or a trial period/ serious discount even for just the first 6 months would be great. That gives plenty of time for me to know if the lessons will be a habit for me or not!

• Alexis Corinne

August 15, 2014 at 6:57 pm

My fiances thing (as he pays) is he has to make a paypal, there’s no option for using just a card 🙁 which would be awesome so he could buy them for me!!!

• Webmaster

Administrator
    August 15, 2014 at 7:13 pm

BkM1 – What do you consider a serious discount or trial, price wise? We give everyone three free days that gives you unlimited access to all the lessons and at $99 ($79 if they are on sale) you get far more content than you will out of any DVD set that will ring up for a much higher cost and doesn’t offer a free trial.

• Webmaster

Administrator
    August 15, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Alexis Corinne – That’s an interesting suggestion. We have definitely considered it but we have concerns over the storage of financial information. Currently, despite the bad rap it gets, PayPal is actually a much more secure and far less loss prone way to pay than a standard credit card.

When you consider the security breaches at multi-billion dollar companies like Target I hesitate to put StudioVeena at the legal risk that is possible when you handle card information.

How do you feel about the storage of financial information? After having my card number stolen I actually find myself trying to use PayPal (which is connected to my card) everywhere I can online to prevent the theft of said information again.

• Alexis Corinne

August 15, 2014 at 7:32 pm

PayPal should have the option to have those who don’t have paypal to use their card I know that. Maybe look into it I guess? It would be super totally much easier I know that. Hmmm

I’m sorry to hear about your card being stolen.

• BkM1

August 15, 2014 at 7:38 pm

That’s a good question. I don’t want to sound like an unappreciative “bottom feeder” by saying what I am really thinking price-wise (that was what we called customers who would ONLY buy with major coupons at the web marking firm I worked for way back when.)

I do think that $79 is an entirely reasonable price for what you are offering, especially considering how expensive other pole DVDs can be. I DON’T look at the SV price and think “ooh, they are charging too much” or anything like that. And I’m sure you offer even more than I realize since I have never actually gotten a paid membership.

I was only offering my personal answer as to why I don’t have lessons, or what would make me sign up for lessons, and that is a super cheap intro for a few months (more than 30 days!). That would make me sign up, and I wouldn’t mind my card being used once for an “auto-pay” at the end of the trial period. There are so many things in the world I would like to buy and only so much money to spend so being able to fully experience and verify the value of something to me takes some anxiety out of the commitment! Others might feel differently. Or maybe I just have commitment issues, lol.

Paypal does seem to be a more secure place for transactions, as I’ve had my credit card info stolen before, but nothing is perfect or completely “hack proof” so I would probably still check out on your site directly if it were offered.

• BkM1

August 15, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Paypal does have an option to check out as a “guest” without creating an account.

The three day trial is perfect for looking around and getting a good idea of what is offered, but what I am thinking is a trial period to see if I would actually really use those lessons on a regular basis. I don’t know that after 3 days.

So, again, maybe I’m unreasonable but I’m just answering for me since you asked. 🙂

• Webmaster

Administrator
    August 15, 2014 at 8:23 pm

PayPal does offer the guest option on physical purchases, like a pole for example. On digital purchases they don’t. I think it has to do with the intransigent nature of the purchase and their need to control funding to a more precise degree. Essentially its a protection for the buyer, that way if there is a complaint PayPal can simply shift the funds back to the buyer’s account and avoid the chargeback process completely.

• MeganJoan

August 15, 2014 at 11:06 pm

I may be being naive here but what would be stopping anyone from just signing up with PayPal to use a credit card through there? When I signed up for my account it was free and I have credit cards, debit cards and a bank account attached.

I have had paid lessons in the past but as I go to a physical studio I found i wasn’t using them just because my at home pole time was about practising what I learn during the week at lessons rather than learning new things.

Next year I might be moving somewhere with only one pole studio and rather than going there I’m considering using SV lessons instead as I won’t be working full time and it’s much better value for money plus more convenient.

Also, I’m super unco so I feel more confident learning from online lessons now that I have a better grasp of where my body is in space and on the pole.

• marithim

August 15, 2014 at 11:27 pm

Just letting people know that you can sign up for a paypal account with just a credit card. That’s what I do at least and it works fine. That’s what I did for my membership.

• Alexis Corinne

August 16, 2014 at 12:44 am

Meagan because he just doesn’t want it. That’s why lol.
    He’s stubborn! It’s the marine in him. Hahahah

• Anzia

August 16, 2014 at 1:12 am

I’m a paid-up-and-totally-loving-the-lessons member, and I’ll be keeping on renewing. My only suggestion is to offer a pay monthly membership. I’m fortunate that I can pay a yearly fee in one go (though I was very grateful for the $20 discount – thank you for running offers so regularly). However for some people $99 or even $79 is a steep outlay all in one go. A monthly fee giving (30 days?) access for, say, $9 would perhaps be helpful. This also gives people an affordable but good length ‘trial period’ for their first membership that they can choose to keep renewing or not. Another site I’m on (not a pole site) offers monthly, three monthly, six monthly, yearly and two yearly options. That’s probably more than is needed here, but the number of more-or-less permanent members on there, who are all using a variety of membership periods, shows that smaller but more frequent payments works better for a lot of them.
    And this seems a good opportunity to say thank you again to you and Veena for creating and maintaining such a fantastic community and lessons. Thanks so much for the work you put in!

• Webmaster

Administrator
    August 16, 2014 at 3:16 am

Anzia – You are in luck we actually have 30 and 60 day recurring memberships as well 🙂

• Anzia

August 16, 2014 at 3:29 am

Oh! Okay, my mistake 🙂

Page 1 of 13