StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions I was sold a FAKE Xpole!

• I was sold a FAKE Xpole!

Posted by Nikkabella on January 21, 2009 at 5:15 am

Ok I bought what I thought was an xpole off ebay long before I found this site. I was having problems with the pole, so I contacted xpole directly. The rep said it sounded like I might have a fake one.
    The rubber ring at the top on mine is black instead of clear, the joints don’t line up smoothly, they gap, hurt, the metal cover on the adjuster fell down.
    Ok so I am sooo pissed, bummed, mad etc. I bought the pole when I first decided to try pole dancing. I was proud of myself that I did enough research to pick an xpole and not some crapy flimsy thing. There where so many xpoles for sale that I bid on one and thought I got lucky that I got it for about $50 less than the others. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif
    Well I have filed a claim with paypal, of course the seller no longer exists, hopefully I will get my money back, I plan to get one from veena so she can have the business, but for now I have a broken pole, a busted ceiling and hopes for a quick resolution to this problem!
    Has this happened to anyone else?
    Plus I was right in the middle of my lessons! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

mizzli replied 10 years, 10 months ago 36 Members · 69 Replies
  • 69 Replies
  • Andrea

January 21, 2009 at 5:48 am

Aww that really sucks! How much did you end up paying for it?! Hopefully you can get that money back.

• Flosqito

January 21, 2009 at 5:55 am

Omg I would be so pist!!! I bought mine off eBay too I’m so glad mine wasn’t fake! I got the DVD and the spoke bag and free hand grip stuff with mine so I’m guessing that mines not fake? I hope not if it is I haven’t noticed yet! Well I hope you get your money back am that dirtbag gets in trouble for making fakes he could really st someone hurt that way! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif im really sorry that happened I hope it doesnt get u discouraged. Good luck with everything I hope it turns out

• Nikkabella

January 21, 2009 at 6:41 pm

Thanks for the replies! I paid $225 before s/h for the pole. Apparently from what the rep at xpole said this was a big problem in the US and UK. The fake pole are really dangerous because the safety features xpole puts into the poles are missing on these. These come from China of course and someone trying to make a buck! Let me know if you have one of these poles, maybe there’s something to be done??

• AngelSuicide

January 21, 2009 at 7:42 pm

Oh my God what a nightmare! Although it could’ve been a lot worse, imagine if it had fallen down while you were inverting or something, eek! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif

Hope you can get your money back soon and get a proper one from Veena so you get back to it x x

• SaschaPoles

January 30, 2009 at 5:52 pm

what a nightmare!!! im so sorry!!!

• angelx33

February 2, 2009 at 5:28 am

sorry that happened to you, but when shopping on eBay, you should KNOW to look at that sellers reviews and you evaluate how good it is. anything about 90 percent to me is considered good, yet i still am anal about it being higher. i like anything from 98 % positive feedback. this is what u do. ill provide an example =) >> search for your item click on one that interests you, and this will show up (im using an xpole seller just for example) >> http://cgi.ebay.com/X-pole-Dance-Xpole-Pole-45mm-Free-Bottle-of-Mighty-Grip_W0QQitemZ260308474932QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item260308474932&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

after that, look at the right side of the page, it shows

Meet the seller
    Seller: riffleworld( 2407Feedback score is 1000 to 4,999) Member is a PowerSeller
    Member: since Feb-13-02 in United States
    See detailed feedback

those are the two things you must pay attention to. click on the "see detailed feedback" and you will read what the buyers responses are, and make ur purchase according to if it sounds pleasant enough for you or not. also make sure to notice how long they’ve been a member on ebay.. thatll tell you ALOT. Look at the feed back percentage, and look at what kind of seller that member is. this one happens to be a PowerSeller which is great. and if youre wondering what a power seller is here ya go>>>> PowerSellers rank among the most successful sellers on eBay in terms of sales and customer satisfaction. This icon next to a member’s user ID means that the seller meets the criteria for being a PowerSeller – consistent sales volume, 98% total positive Feedback

alot of ppl will try to scam u on eBay and only so many get away with it. but then again they do. and when it happens it sucks =/ so hopefully thatll help you when you decide to make your next purchase. hope you get your money back https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_bounce.gif

• SaschaPoles

February 2, 2009 at 5:37 am

good advice angel!!

• Rouge_LAmour

February 2, 2009 at 6:33 am

We’ve just got a fake x-pole seller shut down on Trade me (New Zealand version of eBay).
    TradeMe had been asked several times by heaps of people, but it was when we finally got confirmation that the DVD had KT Coates, then we could get the seller for selling pirated goods. GAAAAAAHHHHHH.

It’s everywhere and people are doing it for the buck.

• angelx33

February 4, 2009 at 4:02 am
  • faerymoon

May 24, 2011 at 2:37 pm

FYI: bewarned.  They are selling better X-pole fakes now, that has a metal dome, and white rubber at the top, bags wrenches and everything.  The one I bought (prior to finding this site) was from a seller that called UK-Direct on ebay.  The bags are screenprinted with X-Pole's UK address on them and comes with a glossy manual.  The DVD on close inspection has a label on it verses screen printing and at the base where you would turn on or off spinning, there is no X-Pole name stamped in it.

I've called ebay to file a claim agaist this seller but unfortunately for me, it's been too much time (by a month) to get my money back however I hope to get this seller off Ebay.    I confirmed mine is a fake by Heydi at X-pole USA (she was incredibly helpful) but if you've bought one from these people, please let xpole us know and call ebay to file a complaint.    This seller was known to sell fakes by Xpole US.

• Evie Bloom

May 25, 2011 at 4:48 am

I was so nervous about buying my x-pole. I had done a bit of research into what pole to get and where to get it from. In the end I bought from a site owned by a well known pole dancer in the uk who runs events and online classes and seems to have a lot of respect in the pole community etc.

I had read enough horror stories to not even be tempted to try ebay! or any other kind of pole other than x-pole

I hope no one else gets ripped off with a dud pole! It is so much money to invest and also heart breaking when you are excited about getting your new pole up only to find its not safe to dance on

• faerymoon

May 25, 2011 at 10:16 am

Well I have to say, XPole US and XPole UK have been EXTREMELY helpful with me on the fake that I purchased.  They have gone out of their way to make it right and help me go after these people who are knowingly selling fakes but using Xpoles trademark items.

In the event that Xpole people see this, Thank you Paul and Heydi so much for your assistance.

I would suggest if you buy one of these fakes by accident, take pictures, gather all the information, call ebay and call Xpole.  They are proscuting these people.

• lisaxpolenz

August 6, 2011 at 6:28 am

Hi Guys

Just so you all know X-Pole is now set up in New Zealand, we are a subsidiary of the UK company and it is me who has listed the poles recently on Trade Me under the name "xpolenz". PLEASE let me know if you come across any more fakes in NZ, we are clamping down on them as fast as possible…..My e-mail is mailto:lisa@x-pole.co.nz.

Cheers girls….. Lots of love Lisa xx

• PaulettePoles

December 8, 2011 at 5:20 am

Just curiouosif anyone has heard fo this pole? Is it the "fake" X pole you were talking about?

I was just doing some research on used poles since I am buying one from a studioveena member and found this- Never heard of it and couldnt find the XTC brand on any of the forums. Just thought Id post in case it was something to beware of! Its the forst pole that comes up on ebay!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-Portable-Dance-Fitness-Exercise-Exotic-Dancer-Stripper-X-T-C-pole-/250948479194?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6db1e8da 

• Dancing Paws

December 8, 2011 at 11:50 am

It doesn't look like it is a fake x pole. It doesn't claim to be an x pole. Also, the seller has great reviews. I'm actually curious if that is a good pole or not. It's threaded!

Page 1 of 5