StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Have you ever dyed your Bad Kitty gear

• Have you ever dyed your Bad Kitty gear

Posted by SHAWNEEN Burkes on August 18, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Greetings all! 🙂
    I’ve been a member for almost ever but I fell off the face of the earth, lol. But now I’m back and I would love to know if any of you have ever tried to dye a Bad Kitty top or shorts. Thinking about getting white and turning it yellow. Can’t wait to hear from you!
    Thanks!

PoleFitMom replied 9 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Phoenix Hunter

August 18, 2014 at 8:02 pm

I imagine this would be difficult to almost impossible since they are synthetic fabrics. you might get disappointing results trying this at home. Natural fabrics like cotton, silk, wool are much easier to dye but even dying those fabrics can be a real headache.

• PoleFitMom

August 19, 2014 at 10:00 am

The fabric in PoleFit Wear is a nylon/spandex, 80%/20% so while it could take on some color, it might not be even or to the color you are really wanting. I love Rit dye which can be found at hobby/craft stores, and sometimes even at the grocery store. https://www.ritstudio.com/techniques/tips-for-successful-dyeing/

• yrngrl

August 19, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Nylon takes dye easily (if you use an acid dye), but spandex is very hard to dye. I would imagine if you tried, a nylon spandex blend would dye unevenly. 🙁

• SHAWNEEN Burkes

August 20, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Thanks all. I don’t know if I’ll end up trying it based on the general concensus. Optionally, any thoughts on where I could get matching yellow (like sun, not neon) top and bottom? 🙂

• Phoenix Hunter

August 20, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Maybe mika yoga wear

• PoleFitMom

August 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Yes, they just came out with some new colors, yellow included. http://www.mikayogawear.com/category/1/tops.php