StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Hair help !

• Hair help !

Posted by veronicaxtgod9842 on August 30, 2014 at 4:06 am

I recently dyed my hair blue originally i wanted my hair purple but i bought a blue based purple and it came out blue, i hated it. So i waited a month to let the hair dye fade but it just would not fade, so i did the vitamin c thingy like 4 times but it didnt work. I decided i would bleach my hair, soo i did it and now my roots are blonde and the rest of my hair is various shades of blue and green. Im devastated my hair looks really bad . I am actually really embarrassed to go to a salon. I want to try color oops but i do not wanna damage my hair anymore.
    HELP Please ?

Veena replied 9 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • RobynPoleDancer

August 30, 2014 at 9:49 am

Unfortunately the blue and purple dyes do stain your hair with that pale greeny blue. You’re the 3rd person I’ve spoken to in the last WEEK who has tried to bleach their hair after colouring it purple/blue! The 2 other people went to the salon in the first place to get the colour removed, and even after 2 or 3 bleach sessions can’t get the last bit of green out.
    I hate to say that it probably won’t come out even with a professional’s touch. You may be better colouring over the top.

I have to add that I did it too 2 weeks ago. But I’ve just re-dyed mine purple so I wasn’t bothered about the residual green tinge.

• RobynPoleDancer

August 30, 2014 at 9:56 am
  • Phoenix Hunter

August 30, 2014 at 11:47 am

Okay, I actually really like Kimberley’s color! it’s like a tiffany blue

• grayeyes

August 30, 2014 at 12:02 pm

I like Kimberley’s color too! I have been watching Project Runway and I love this designer’s purple and blue hair. I wish I had the guts to do it to my hair.

• Phoenix Hunter

August 30, 2014 at 12:51 pm

oh my god! yes! that is gorgeous! I love project runway, btw. 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    August 30, 2014 at 1:38 pm

I’ve done a LOT of colors! Here’s what I do.

My natural color is dark brown. To get my bright colors I bleach it with an drug store box of bleach, nothing fancy. Then I always choose to color my hair with the lightest color I want to have first. Then move on the the next darkest color beaching roots when/if needed.

Recently I went right from bleached to blue. When I decided to go back to my natural color on top with purple under I did this…
    bleached, then the next day I colored with PINK to tone down the greenish tone. Then I use my purple
    On top of the pink. For the top natural layer, I picked a semi permanent color close to my color. I could see a bit of greenish blue, but now a month later it all looks brown and natural. My trick to pretty purple is go pink first. 💙💗💜

Let’s see if this link to my crazy hair pics works https://www.studioveena.com/photos/index/bc36cd42-d89d-11df-ab19-12313b090e12#4d3b39f8-84a4-4efd-b73c-39cd0ac37250