StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Forearm stand exit??

• Forearm stand exit??

Posted by Lucca Valentine on September 1, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Hi guys! I’m working on a competition routing and I want to have a forearm stand in it but I cant figure out how to gracefully get out of it….I’ve seen people kind of hook the leg as they come out of it and i like that but can’t remember where I saw it…do any of you guys know what I’m talking about? Any video of that kind of thing would be super helpful. Or are there any other forearm stand dismounts you like?

I originally wanted to forearm stand to sit up but inversions arent allowed in my division and I’m worried that would lost me some points. No pole inversions, but floorwork inversions are ok (headstands, handstands, etc). Any ideas??

Rachel Osborne replied 9 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Rachel Osborne

September 1, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Are you balancing against the pole or doing it free range in the middle of the floor?
    If against pole you’re not allowed to pull up by doing a CAR thigh lock? Sorry just trying to get head round the rules…

• polergirl

September 1, 2014 at 5:58 pm

There’s a move I do from a forearm/handstand where I “drop” through a little outside leg hang and flip it to a low planche/superman style move. That might be considered an inversion, dunno. ?

• Lucca Valentine

September 1, 2014 at 6:20 pm

tropicalpole, yup thats right (i think)! i will be balancing on the pole. i feel silly emailing to ask if its against the rules or not but maybe i should o_O

• Rachel Osborne

September 1, 2014 at 6:27 pm

I have a possible idea I need to do bedtime stories and bath and stick small boy in bed then will video it.

• Rachel Osborne

September 1, 2014 at 6:54 pm
  • Rachel Osborne

September 1, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Aaaaaaaanyway, the idea was bring legs down in straddle whilst still inverted, draw legs together pointing toes bend one knee drop into lunge and reverse attitude/stag to ground do leg show.

I did the worst ‘stand ever then was hijacked by excited damp small climbing person who escaped his bath and saw new disco lights and got v excited so what I was trying to convey may be somewhat unclear in the vid.