StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions First time pole installation help!

• First time pole installation help!

Posted by mejones3272608 on September 19, 2014 at 8:29 am

Hi All,
    First off, I’m so happy I found this community, what a fantastic supportive group of women!
    I recently had to move to NY and into an apartment built in the 1930’s. I’ve been pole dancing for about a year now and financially it made more sense for me to buy a pole and practice from home instead of taking lessons five times a week. I’m struggling installing my pole however, it’s either much too short or just a few inches too tall with the 250mm extensions. (I have 9’5” ceilings) Additionally, the ceilings are plaster, which I’ve read can be problematic for poles as the pressure causes the ceiling to buckle. I have a high quality off-brand of the X-Pole which received fantastic reviews on amazon. I just need help installing the damn thing!

Many thanks!

Stephanie X Pole replied 9 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Lucy01

September 19, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Hey Mejones, just wondering, does the pole come with installation instructions? With Xpole, the instruction vid is available on YouTube. My ceiling height is 9 ft but with carpet it compresses about an inch so I had to get the 500mm extension. Their customer service was excellent too. Anyway, maybe you can Google it and see if it comes up with anything. Sorry, I can’t be much of help here. Good luck, girl!

• chemgoddess1

September 20, 2014 at 10:44 am

I hate to say this but there is no such thing as a high quality xpole knock off. While xpole has great customer service and videos on their site, that will not help you because yours is not made by them.
    Do you have pictures or installation instructions?

• mejones3272608

September 22, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Thanks guys. chemgoddess1 I do agree with you, ‘high quality Xpole knock off’ is a bit of an oxymoron. I guess what I mean by that is the pole I bought is high quality enough for me in this particular stage of poling. (I took lessons for about a year and then had to stop this past summer. Very much feel like I’m back to square one, frustratingly enough).
    As I get better I intend to get an X-Pole as eventually I’d like to be able to teach pole fitness.
    And the pole finally got up! I disassembled it and reassembled it and got it to work. So far very sturdy and reliable. But who knows what will happen when the tricks get more advanced.

XOXO

• Veena

Administrator
    September 22, 2014 at 12:36 pm

That’s good to hear you worked out your pole issue! If you’re looking for guidance on getting back into pole check out the lessons here. 🙂 Hope to see video from you too!

• Stephanie X Pole

September 23, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Please be careful- the ladies are right! There is no such thing as a high-quality X-Pole knock off. Thanks!