StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Finally.. The answer to sweaty hands

• Finally.. The answer to sweaty hands

Posted by heathalynne on February 20, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I’ve been through product after product. Tried Dry Hands, Tite Grip, itac 2, itac 3, itac 4, Mighty Grip, Dry Hands mixed with itac, alcoholing every 30 seconds, Windex, etc. STILL SWEATY!

Then I found the cure… VINEGAR. More specifically white distilled vinegar. I discovered this at Flirty Girl Fitness in Toronto, Canada. They use a 50/50 mix of regular standard vinegar and water. For some reason vinegar balances out the acidity in my hands, creating virtually no sweat and making advanced moves a breeze. So I researched online seeing that it’s a natural cleaner for stainless steel and bought white distilled vinegar. I tested it out at the Karol Helms workshop, 2 days after failing with super sweaty hands at the same place, Body & Pole in NYC. It worked wonders with me and my partner, who ironically had a serious bad case of sweaty hands too!

You just wipe the pole down with a soft hand towel sprayed with white distilled vinegar like you do with alcohol or Windex. Alcohol and windex still made my hands sweaty. Karol even suggested wiping my hands with vinegar too and that worked too. Of course I still used itac 2 and 3 on top of rubbing vinegar on the pole, having the strongest grip in 4 years of poling.

llforman7 replied 10 years, 1 month ago 59 Members · 116 Replies
  • 116 Replies
  • CeledaBcn

February 20, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Really???? I have to try this!!!

I'm beginner but for other sports i practiced i know that feel secure it's a goal to advance… And i can make a good pole hold because my hands are really sweaty xD

You finally use only White destilled vinegar or mixed with water?

• Veena

Administrator
    February 20, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Hmm you know ,I use vinegar to clean my floors…I should look into this. Thanks for the post!https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• heathalynne

February 20, 2011 at 3:23 pm

@Celeda – I truly feel you girl. Have the core and strength but slipping seemed to stop me most of the time. Now, my prayers are finally answered. Lol! I’m sticking to white distilled vinegar since it cleans the pole more and the vinegar is already diluted in water. Mixing requires too much thinking and testing for me but you can try both! Haha!

@Veena – Lol! I read people usually clean floors and pots/pans with vinegar. I didn’t click till this year that we can use it on POLES too! Nice Canadian trick. Hehe

• CeledaBcn

February 20, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Well i lock for destilled white vinagre or i will mix it.

"I truly feel you girl"  ? Sorry, but i'm a boy https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

• heathalynne

February 20, 2011 at 3:34 pm

There’s actually a big section of white distilled vinegar at the supermarket. It’ll be easy. Keep me posted. Guaranteed you’ll be happy!

Also to clarify, I didn’t wipe my hands with a vinegered towel till about an hour of poling. Just wiped down the pole the whole time.

Hhahahahaha sorry BOY! I have a habit of saying girl. Lol!

• CeledaBcn

February 20, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Hehehe no problem…

I post the results of the experiment xD

• monica kay

February 20, 2011 at 7:25 pm

i despise the smell of vinegar… don't you guys think vinegar has an awful odor???

• Veena

Administrator
    February 20, 2011 at 7:29 pm

I don't know it smells but it also reminds me of cleaning. You may leave your practice smelling like a pickle lol. But good grip is worth it!https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• Runemist34

February 20, 2011 at 9:03 pm

That's amazing! I don't mind being pickled a little bit when I dance…Vinegar doesn't smell bad for me, it just tastes funny!

I'll have to try this out! I don't have a super harsh time with sweaty hands…but summer is coming up!

• tiggertail

February 20, 2011 at 9:17 pm

I'm sure gonna try it on my next practice. I already use it too clean in my house and i don't really care about the smell since it don't last for long. Will let you now how it work.

• Aviva

February 20, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Oh no https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_puke_r.gif  I'm right there with Katana.  Tell me there's an other solution pun intended! 

• spinnygirl

February 21, 2011 at 8:37 am

I'm definitely trying this-thanks for sharing!

• heathalynne

February 21, 2011 at 9:28 am

I’m with the other ladies. Vinegar may smell for a bit but it is soooooo worth the stronger grip! Anything for no more sweaty hands. Lol!

It did drive me crazy when I had the smelly towel linger in my bag, whilst shopping around Soho afterwards. So I sealed it in a bag and smell went away. But during practice, I get used to it after a few minutes.

BTW at Flirty Girl, the 50/50 mix did leave a residue which I had to wipe off more, but the white distilled vinegar didn’t at all.

• emotioncatcher

February 21, 2011 at 9:41 am

i have to try that!!! i love the smell and taste of vinegar xD

• CeledaBcn

February 21, 2011 at 11:02 am

I tried a 50/50 mix of destilled water and white vinegar, because don't find destilled vinegar…

At first try works very well. I continue searching destilled white vinegar…

Page 1 of 8