StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Extended Butterfly

• Extended Butterfly

Posted by LeChatxx on August 19, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Hey guys ! So this is my butterfly . I am doing it right ? cause it’s been a month that i’m trying to do the extended butterfly and it seems like my calf wont move from the pole, i tried moving my body straight with the pole, moving my bottom arm upper and nothing really help…. so i tought that maybe my butterfly was at first the problem,

Help! I really want to be able do to that move and im struggling so bad !!

I polekat I replied 9 years, 8 months ago 6 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    August 19, 2014 at 1:45 pm

How are you entering into your butterfly? Also do you have the lessons?

• LeChatxx

August 19, 2014 at 1:54 pm

I take lesson, and they showed me with the gemini … but i tried it also with a normal invert crucifix

• Veena

Administrator
    August 19, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Is your caterpillar strong? I like entering from a caterpillar because it allows you to square the hips and shoulders. Then the arms have most of the weight and you can turn the hips and release the leg into extended butterfly. Here is the lesson for it https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/4d0f72c7-bb30-4035-8905-6a420ac37250

• LeChatxx

August 19, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Yeah, I’ve been able with the caterpillar, i’m really trying to push my butt down so the leg is slowly coming off the pole, maybe that’s my problem i might holding myself too much with my calf! i never tried to open the hips to the side before i’ll try that tongiht thanks you for the taking the moment the answer me! @veena

• Veena

Administrator
    August 19, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Keep the butt up don’t let the body come back down, stay up in caterpillar then move to butterfly. 😊

• Phoenix Hunter

August 19, 2014 at 10:57 pm

I’m working on this too. glad ya’ll are discussing it. I’m taking notes….

• RobynPoleDancer

August 20, 2014 at 7:32 am

LOOK UP
    Can you see that in your torso, the furthest thing from the pole is your shoulder? It’s not so stable in this position. Use your bottom hand to push up like a handstand so your butt is the highest/furthest point.
    Also bend your top arm slightly to start using your bicep more. This will take the pressure off the calf muscle that is currently doing the job of holding you *in*, once the bicep starts working, this will start doing this job instead.

• RobynPoleDancer

August 20, 2014 at 7:34 am

Do not open sideways in the hips, you are much more likely to tip out especially if you are working on your strength.

Looking up, straighten your body so the pole runs down your centre line. Let your leg go back directly behind you.

• Lina Spiralyne

August 20, 2014 at 9:20 am

I must agree with Robyn on the hips. Turning/opening them was one of the things causing trouble when I was first learning this. Once you are stable in this trick you can turn them if you want, since keeping them square to the pole will make it more difficult to get a good split for most people.

• I polekat I

August 20, 2014 at 9:21 am

yeah i am having this problem too!! i just cant figure out how to balance myself so my weight shifts to my bottom hand and i can move my pole-leg… i will be trying all these tips and lesson asap!!

• Veena

Administrator
    August 20, 2014 at 9:32 am

The weight won’t be shifting only on the bottom hand. Continue working on a strong caterpillar and you’ll be able to remove the leg as you become stronger. Keep everything square until your balanced and secure. If you try to extend and turn the hips before you’re centered, you’ll have to fight falling to the side. This is often why those who use a Gemini entry tip over, they start off in a bit of a sideways, hips turned position and they forget to square the body. Exbutterfly takes a lot of strength so give yourself time. If you have the lessons here following in the order they’re presented will give you a good foundation for this move. 😊

• I polekat I

August 20, 2014 at 9:49 am

ahh yes that sounds good, i always feel like i am not square at all so i can feel myself swinging around to the side (usually i try it from a gemini…. i will try from caterpillar next!! )
    Thanks everyone you all give such good advice – i love this site!! =)