StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Everything to know about when buying a aerial hoop/lyra!

• Everything to know about when buying a aerial hoop/lyra!

Posted by Nerdybabe89 on August 16, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Hey I was thinking stainless steel 1 inch around, I am 5’6 so 36in wide????? i know i wanted a double tab one and my ceilings are just under 9ft….. is this possible … how would i do this or rig this? or any suggestions ? anything else i need to know before one day buying one? and where would u buy this?

Nerdybabe89 replied 9 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Elyse Hauke

August 20, 2014 at 10:51 am

I purchased my double tab from http://trapezerigging.com. The hoop is very high quality and would purchase from them again should I get any more equipment in the future.I am 5’8 and use a 36 hoop. I usually use my lyra outside but have a suspension trainer and a yoga hammock setup inside so I can attach it indoors. To rig it inside it is best to open up the ceiling and put a metal or wood support running between 2 joists for increased support but I skipped that step and used 2 eye bolt anchors and have had no problems. Now keep in mind I don’t do any swinging and I check for durability each time no matter what I am doing. In any rigging situation it is best to have a professional install it, however I understand that this is not always possible as with my case, I searched and searched don’t have anyone in my area. My ceilings 8-9 ft respectively and find that when I hook up my lyra it is very frustrating. You can do training exercises but the amount to which you can do is extremely limited as far as learning correct technique but it is doable.

• Nerdybabe89

September 2, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Thank you!!